It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would you be committed to an Asylum...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You must have all the symptoms at once?
I can recognize at least five reasons for being admitted immediately, but I won't expose them on a site full of people with "bad habits AND political excitement".

...and what the hell is "carbonic acid gas", "the war" or "time of life"? "Hard study"?
By that list no one is left behind, outside I mean

edit on 7-9-2017 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I went on a ghost tour there.

It is an awesome building!
The Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum is the institution and I saw that "reasons to be committed" pinned to the administration door.

I could hear the horrors of you filthy loonies still echoing down the corridors.
Ya'll made the paint peel.

They told my hubs that he actually didn't need a reason to have abandoned me there, just being a woman was reason enough apparently. Or a child.

edit on 7-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

This is without a doubt the greatest reply to one of my threads, ever.

Fantastic stuff!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Evidently this is a list of reasons which have been given as explanations for a patient's madness.
As distinct from a list of things which should send someone to the asylum.
"How did your husband or child lose their mind, Mrs Jones?"
"He fell into despair when he was made bankrupt, when our son married that gold-digger, I blame her excessive reading of Barbara Cartland." We can imagine it all.

When I was young, my grandmother was regularly visiting an elderly distant relative who had fallen off a swing as a young girl and knocked her head. She had never left the asylum since. I suppose she would have been "falling off a swing", "playground accident".

The difference now is that we have decided to classify mental illness by symptoms ("paranoia"), instead of by guessed causes.

edit on 26-1-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join