It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea is expected to launch an ICBM at full range on Saturday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
North Korea is expected to launch an ICBM at full range on Saturday — here's how it could go down

(businessinsider.com)-On Saturday, North Koreans will celebrate the anniversary of their country's founding, and experts think the country may mark the holiday with a full-range test of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

South Korean media earlier this week reported that a North Korean ICBM appeared to be on the move, and CNN cited the South Korean prime minister on Thursday as saying that "some believe" a launch Saturday was possible.

Also this week, North Korea said the US could expect more "gift packages" in the form of further missile testing. With only two successful tests on record, North Korea's latest ICBM is in need of further trials.

www.businessinsider.com...

Full story there^

This is where I'm suppose to say something about this story, ok.
More drama, could be bad, could be nothing.
Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

It's like he's really come into his testosterone.

Also this week, North Korea said the US could expect more "gift packages" in the form of further missile testing. With only two successful tests on record, North Korea's latest ICBM is in need of further trials.
source

I'm surprised the fat bastard doesn't wait until 9/11.

peace

edit on 1215Thursday201713 by silo13 because: remove crap

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The North Koreans seem big on marking anniversaries so it wouldn't surprise me if they were planning a launch.
As long as they don't fire it toward Guam they have nothing to fear , big bad Don won't do anything he'll just get red in the face and spout off again.

What's the betting they fire it toward Guam.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I predict the test will make it almost out of the atmosphere then suddenly have a catastrophic failure and never make it back down... No one will know what happened or at least no one will know publicly...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Also this week, North Korea said the US could expect more "gift packages" in the form of further missile testing.

I mean, is this a literal translation? This seems like world class trolling and goading at this point.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So, I might not have to go to work on Sunday?

Sweet.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The measure of a nations ability to place a warhead anywhere is putting a satellite in orbit.

They already did this back in 2016. But we're acting like this is new information to be a-scared of now...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The North Koreans seem big on marking anniversaries so it wouldn't surprise me if they were planning a launch.
As long as they don't fire it toward Guam they have nothing to fear , big bad Don won't do anything he'll just get red in the face and spout off again.

4:1 odds...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
So, I might not have to go to work on Sunday?

Sweet.

who said war was bad? If you don't make $$ of it...you could be put out of your misery. They say misery loves company.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wrong.

Getting a piece of tumbling junk into orbit is easy. Just need enough velocity and height.

Getting something to go sub orbital and land exactly where you want it is the hard part.

Just because someone has enough rocket power to put something into orbit is absolutely NO measure of how accurate they can be when coming back down.

Hence one of the major reasons bigger and bigger yield nukes were made...so they didn't need to be that accurate.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I remember that story.

I always thought that's where this story came from.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The source is business insider, business insiders source is cnn, cnn's source is the south korean president, the south korean presidents source is "some people".

edit on 7-9-2017 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This particular missile was moved to a different side of North Korea than the prior launches. Expert still don't know exactly what that means. Could be a long-range test as a story indicates that would send it as close as possible to the Washington Oregon California coast.

If this launch occurs right when hurricane irma is bearing down on Florida that would be incredibly cruel timing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
The source is business insider, business insiders source is cnn, cnn's source is the south korean president, the south korean presidents source is "some people".

The president of South Korea has been telling the media all week about the missile being transported in the darkness of night to a secret location for launch. I'm sure our military and intelligence already knows about it. I hope they destroy it on the launch pad before it takes off.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
US needs to stop playing games and shoot the mother right out of the sky the second it exits Nork airspace. Then, with a flourish and a middle finger, tell Kim Jong Un "bring it, little boy" and see if we can't goad the idiot into contracting the US military to perform some demolition projects in and around Pyongyang.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That's actually the goal of North Korea, to takeover South Korea under their rule by nuclear blackmail (Telling the US to withdraw or face nuclear annihilation) and Fifth Columnists (Via North Korean sympathizers like the current SK President Moon Jae In) in the South.
edit on 9/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
if they would launch it, and it somehow got intercepted midflight, is that interception than considered an act of war?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Abso-f******-lutely. Shoot 'em down-every time one goes up-don't care where they aim it-we shoot em down-no matter if they have a pay load or not. Let Fat Boy celebrate his own little surprise packages.

That's what Teddy Roosevelt would have done.

Show them some of our own power-it'll be a nice little message to the scaredy cat Russians and China.

I guarantee you there's nothing in these little rockets but a bunch of ego and hubris; nothing we can't take care of. It's time.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hmmm and they moved forward the launch of the X-37B by SpaceX..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

LOL. Based on reports dating back to May.11/2017 when US B-1B Bombers from Guam carried out exercises in South Korea by releasing inert weapons at the Pilsung Range followed up by more provocation when US bombers were reported to overfly North Korea, which was in violation of international law: I give it 3:1 odds.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join