It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opioid Use Explains 20% of Drop in American Men From Labor Force

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The Mexicans use that same middle east product...but the way they cut/prep it is why it is tar and not powder...also the purity is not as good...they have access to fetynal there to cut with...which causes a huge amount of ODs. End of the day its still coming from the same source though.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

you're not an addict, but you like to party please consider this: Stay the hell away from the "hard" drugs & alcohol. Please. Your family loves you, you friends love you, and if you feel you have no one, you should at least love yourself enough to not start down the path that so many have taken and died on.

Second that! Even casual use of alcohol and opioids can mess with people. Alcohol works fine for some, but has a very, very long metabolic pathway. The effects on the body are only partially reversible. Ditto opioids. G*d I sound like an old man. But I'm still alive...thankfully.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
a reply to: underwerks

Because I was very close friends with him, his older brother, and the rest of his family for 20 years? Why are people attempting to downplay how addictive this drug is?

Most Men will never talk about their internal problems because they don't want to appear weak. I worry all the time due to the unstable job market and My family never hears a peep about it because I don't want to worry them. I've been laid off every year for the last five years due to a full time job becoming a seasonal job and I still hold My head up because My family needs strength.

Right. I get it. My friend and neighbor is dead, and it is because he would not talk about his internal problems. I'm glad you knew him so well. It had nothing at all to do with our neighborhoods being flooded with highly addictive narcotics. It had to do with you getting laid off.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Dr's are drug dealers for Big Pharma. Big Pharma are the kingpins, your local Dr is the peddler on the street corner.

All I have to do is call my Dr and say I strained a muscle in the gym and he'll write a script for 60 vicodin.

Part is all the peddling and availability, part is the pussification of society where everyone needs a crutch and what's easier than popping a pill or two?
edit on 7-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What is the number of those who are on pain killers that do show up for work. Recent conversation with co worker. Me( Don't those get you high). Him ( That's why I only take half).
edit on 7-9-2017 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Doctors prescribing pills willy nilly and then the FDA clamping down on that...causing people to turn to cheap heroin explains this, not the opioids themselves.

Some of that 20% workforce died...from laced heroin. Most people still taking pain pills under pain management are still at work.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Dr's are drug dealers for Big Pharma. Big Pharma are the kingpins, your local Dr is the peddler on the street corner.

All I have to do is call my Dr and say I strained a muscle in the gym and he'll write a script for 60 vicodin.

Part is all the peddling and availability, part is the pussification of society where everyone needs a crutch and what's easier than popping a pill or two?

What country do you live in? I fractured my hip and the ER would only give me 600mg Ibuprofin. To get a real pain killer, I had to present myself at my family practitioner, arrange a ride, in a wheelchair and get the third degree before being given a week's worth of oxycodone.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It worse then any one who is posting realizes .
My sons company has some ware around 300 350 employ's over 95 % are addict to something .
My son quite that job for a couple months went to work at another job . Again darn near every person that worked there was addicted to something .
And this is just the tip Most I cant even post but going by how ( this area is ( the area being a State )
Looks like drug addiction of some kind is hitting 40 to 45 % .

Many many jobs opened because most people cant pass the drug test .
And wile this may sound like there are tons of jobs the highest paying jobs here barly hit 12 $ a hour with 90 % being 10 or under .

Could be a big part of why so many have turned to drugs no hope no future Noting to live for nothing to look forward to .

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
they really haven`t dropped out of the work force they have just transitioned to new career fields as thieves and beggars.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join