It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Not a Psychic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Yep, I'm pretty upset right now. Well, I wasn't that upset, but the more I think about it, the more upset I get. I find it somewhat humorous that I am going to rant about a scenario involving a psychic. Out of all the things that piss people off, this really shouldn't be one of them...but it is. It's not only the psychic, it's the whole scenario.

My mom died recently and I've worked through that as best I can. I've had some unexplained experiences in my life (thus being a member of ATS), so I do understand the lure of trying to connect to the other side. But I don't understand people just accepting that someone is capable of connecting to your loved ones better than you, the family member, can.

My sister did this. She went to a psychic yesterday to try to speak to my mom. For one thing, I find it really gross what she had to take with her. Something of my moms, her hairbrush, is what she grabbed. Apparently it is better to have some hair still in it as well (puke). That would've put me off the whole thing right there.

But no, my sister still went and she even invited me to go, but I declined after hearing that hair brush part. Who wants to travel around town with a used hairbrush of someone who just died? Nty, I'll let you go it alone...not gonna get involved in such nonsense.

The next part is silly as well. The info this psychic supposedly was given after she connected with my mom. My sister told me what she said and it really is a bunch of crap. She didn't say anything that was unique or special to my family. She actually just said stuff that happens after any death in the family:

"Your dad needs to start giving away your moms things, it's time for him to move on." (really, it's been less than a month, I don't think so)

"He needs to keep his feet off the coffee table" (my dad has never put his feet on the coffee table in his life, nor does he sit by it)

"Revolving door needs to stop" (Um, yeah, it does...but that happens after every death in the family, so really no special sight for that one)

This next one really is funny. My mom apparently asked why my sister took her hair. Hello, you told her to you moron! That was what you suggested her to bring to the reading. Which, why can't a pendant or something be used? Why do you need body parts? Do they not know how wrong it is to ask for body parts?

These were just a few off the top of my head...and the rest are similar. Nothing of value was said. Nothing specific to my mom or my family. Anyhow, the reason I'm upset is because my sister, because she is still emotional right now, believed everything that this lady told her. She bought it hook, line, and sinker and...she is going back.

It makes me angry that these charlatans prey on people when they're in their most vulnerable states. The money she is spending? Well, that's not near as bad as the emotional roller coaster my sister is on because of what was being shared, or her believing that my mom is still around. It is not allowing my sister to move on.

Do I believe people have this ability? Yep, I do. But I think they are a rare find and probably won't be charging you $40/session to find out that your dad is putting his feet on the coffee table (which, he isn't), and that your mom is upset about it (which, she wouldn't be).

I tried telling my sister it was all a ruse, but she is still wanting to believe. What more can I do? It is her time and money, not mine. And if she thinks it is helpful (maybe some how it is , I don't know how though) maybe it shouldn't bother me that much. I guess I just hate seeing people, especially my family members, get taken for a ride. And I'm upset that she is following so blindly.

I'm also upset with the "psychic". I get that some of these people are very open about their work being only entertainment. But why not have some ethics? Why not just tell someone that maybe its not the right time for their loved one to come back or refuse to do a reading? Not knowing how mentally messed up the person you're reading is, you can't know for sure that what you say isn't going to cause more harm than good. Which to me means they don't care about their clients well being, it's all about the cash.

Anyhow, just needed to get that one out. Thanks for listening and sorry about the rant...

Thanks
blend57

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Look at it this way- this woman is acting as a grief counsellor for your sister. She probably charges less than a grief counsellor, also.

Sal

a reply to: blend57

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

I think the ones charging money are the lowest form of con artists. There are individuals who for some reason or other are really able to contact the dead. They are the ones who will never charge you money and they never need any information let alone hair brush etc of the passed person. Those are the ones that really just want to help you to get closure.

Just my 2 cents, speaking of a one time experience.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Please accept my sincerest condolences for the loss of your mother. I've got a dying uncle and that's hard enough...I don't want to imagine my mom going, although I know eventually it'll happen.

I find the hair thing very odd, and it IS weird...that's a tool for magick, not typical of a psychic to ask for hair. The brush, yes, for her energy...but the hair itself should not be necessary for a simple communication. That part, I find concerning...what kind of psychic is this?

Having said that, however, it is important to understand that everyone grieves differently, and that's OK. You may think this person is a fraud, and she very well may be just that. But if it brings comfort to your sister, why not just let her do what she feels is right without criticizing her choices?

Take for instance your own words about your father giving your mom's things away. You said he's not ready, right? Well...the same applies to your sister. She's grieving, and she's not ready to accept it and let go, so she's trying to hold on to your mom in any way she can, and she clearly felt enough of that connection that she is going back again.

Even if this person is actually a charlatan, if it's helping your sister through her own unique grieving process, it's better to just listen to what she has to share and do so without passing judgement. If she's being scammed, she will come to realize it all on her own when she's ready. But right now, she feels that she's connecting with your mom and that is helping her mind come to terms with her loss.

My advice? Be supportive of each other, no matter how cuckoo your individual choices may seem...or how futile. Perhaps you could find a different, more reputable psychic within your area who comes with references that you can check, and invite your sister to go with you. Be cuckoo together, and embrace the weirdness...and strengthen that connection that your mom created when she brought you into the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Like you said it, no other is more capable of these things than you self are, if you miss someone so much that you wanna reach out to them in the other sides, then going to strangers should be the last thing you try really, first you should memorize them within your spirits together, meaning of the family and close ones, they hold the good side of the connecting spirit. Perhaps your sister was looking for just that, connecting with memories together.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have an open challenge to anyone who thinks they're psychic : Tell me something about me or my family that you would have absolutely no way of knowing. Not something that could apply to almost any family, specific to me or mine. They either come up with some excuse not to try "I don't do readings for non believers" [ seriously, I've actually been told that ]
Well, of course they won't. The believers already have themselves fooled into thinking they can do it, all the "psychic" has to do is throw out some BS and they will twist it into something to do with them.
Never, ever has any "psychic" came close to "reading" me. I'm not knocking those who've had weird experiences, I've had them myself, but if they're going to lay out that claim, they better damn well be ready to back it up. They don't. They haven't and I don't hold out any hope that they ever will.
The ones who prey on those who are grieving are the scum of the Earth.

And yes, the challenge is still open to any and all... Step right up and try your luck.
edit on 7-9-2017 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Hah, I misread the title, I thought it said 'psycho'.

So, yes, I am not a psychic.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I see a name.... David.... is there a David amongst us? I see a year.....64.... Was David born in 1964 ?

JK

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Thank you for your condolences. You know I appreciate you and your thoughts on this. I am letting her grieve in her own way. As I stated she is going back and although I told her my opinion, it is her choice and I'll respect that. But, I do worry about her well being and I still needed to let this out, thus the rant.

As far as the type of psychic, I am unsure. I didn't go with her and haven't gotten any specifics (nor did I care to) about the lady. The hair thing, that is just wrong on so many levels. And I will not embrace the "cuckoo"...lmao. We all grieve differently, as you said, and I can be supportive, but that is not how I wish to go through my own grieving process. I can be respectful of hers, but I'm not really gonna join in.

Thanks for taking the time to write out such a thoughtful and helpful post.

blend57

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

My only question is why is hair puke inducing. When you run your hands through your wife's hair do you gag?
Why is hair in a brush different than hair still on the head?

That's it.

I believe we all have psychic abilities especially since I've had some amazing experiences in that area a few times in my life where it's been undeniable. It's not up to me to convince anyone because people have been conditioned to respond negatively to such phenomena. It started with the church saying the skill came from the devil instead of being a natural part of human ability.
Now people ignore that little itch, they deny that twinge they don't pay attention when little warnings or hunches occur. The word coincidence gets thrown around a lot to account for it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I'm not sure that's a good way to assess anyone's skills.
What's wrong with charging money for a service?
Your therapist doesn't talk to you for free.
Just because someone charges for a reading doesn't mean they're a charlatan.

Almost anyone can learn to play baseball or play the cello or cook a meal.
But not everyone is a star athlete or a concert cello player or a gourmet chef.
Some people have better skills than others in different areas. You know this.
So why is it so hard to believe that some people have been better able to develope psychic skills? And if they have worked at developing those skills than they should get paid. You pay the restaurant for the meal the skilled chef prepared. You buy a ticket to watch your favorite sports star play a game and you pay to get into a concert .
I think it's the same thing.

God given abilities. God gave Freddy Murcury an angelic voice. But we still paid to hear it.

Just something to consider.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And sincere apologies for your loss.
It's very hard to lose a parent.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It's not unusual for a psychic to need to touch something to get a connection.
Some need to touch, some don't. Some can pick up your past, others your future, some hear the message, some only intuit it. Some see it. Some dream it.

Some people can see spirits, some hear them,.

I know when someone who's no longer corporeal is in the room.I can feel them like when you feel someone's eyes on you. I can sometimes pick up who it is.
Family tend to want to stay with family or people they loved.

I always laugh when people get scared in a cemetery.
Those spirits aren't hanging out by their rotting corpses. They are no where near that place. I've never felt a spirit in a cemetery. I guess they may attend their burial but they go home with you.
Again I'm not looking to convince anyone. I know I can't.
edit on 972017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Thank you for your condolences. It is hard to lose a family member. The reason the hair is a puke thing is because it came from my mothers head and it is only a few weeks after she died. I think that coupled with what it was taken for (to call her back from the other side???) is why it causes my stomach to churn. The loss is still a bit too fresh for me to look at it from an objective POV.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

blend57

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Nothing specific to my mom or my family. Anyhow, the reason I'm upset is because my sister, because she is still emotional right now, believed everything that this lady told her. She bought it hook, line, and sinker and...she is going back.

Its only been a month? She is grieving, needs to be loved, not ridiculed.

Sees looking for a connection, make one.

Hold her, let her cry on your shoulder.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Some day you may want to touch that hair again.
Not the same but after my huskey died I found a clump of his fur which if you've ever had a huskey you know what I'm talking about. We used to call them his puppies. Anyway I put that clump of white fur into a zip lock and it's in a draw I seldom go into. But when I do and I come across that baggie I don't think oh pull out your vacuum there's dog hair here. I just hold the bag and think of that great and beloved dog.

Humans and hair.
Hair on the head good hair under the arms not good hair on you face good if your a man. Eyebrows, thick or eyebrows thin shave your legs but condition and grow the hair on your head. Don't even get me started on public hair. One year it's fashionable to shave it off the next well bushes is the word that come till mind.
And hair in a drain for what ever reason is like epicac. Makes people gag. Who decides the fate of hair?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Blend, I am so sorry for your loss.

I can't even believe I'm reading this right now! I took my sister to a medium last night so she could maybe get some help with her grief. I should have known not to bring her; she might as well have been wearing a suit of armour.

First off, the two ladies to my right would not shut up, even though they were asked by the medium to please remain quiet so messages would come through; and they already got their message.

I got a few messages that were spot on and very meant for me, yet the medium kept asking another person if it was them and they kept saying no, yet she wouldn't ask anybody else if if might be them. She literally talked about my knee, my brother stealing our inheritance, the necklaces we were suppose to get and my brothers initial. Yet she didn't even look around the room for anybody else.

Meanwhile, my brothers' wife kept blowing up my sister and my phones knowing full well we where there. Guilty much! For the record, I already knew everything she mentioned, while it was confirming for me, my sister got nothing,and she needed it. The cost was 75.00 a ticket. I will never go again.

edit on 7-9-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This too. People grieve in different ways.
Girls and their mothers have a special bond. You won't know it unless you're a daughter. She may be having a rougher time than you.

I have three siblings. We have lost both parents. I know my brother had a harder time when daddy died and I had a harder time when mom died.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You are turning my words out. I never said I have a problem with professionals who are charging for their services or entertain people. I do have problem with individuals who prey on people who already hurt because of losing someone close. They are tend to be much more sensitive looking for closure. The so called psychics who do these so called readings for money know this and build their business based on that. Their 'skills' has nothing to do with the paranormal they simply learn how to read people, body language etc. Putting together stories using information from their victims.

Like I said before I do believe there are genuine psychics as well, but in my experience they will not ask anything, they will not need information about the lost one. They just see them somehow. I do know a person like that.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I have an open challenge to anyone who thinks they're psychic : Tell me something about me or my family that you would have absolutely no way of knowing. Not something that could apply to almost any family, specific to me or mine. They either come up with some excuse not to try "I don't do readings for non believers" [ seriously, I've actually been told that ]
Well, of course they won't. The believers already have themselves fooled into thinking they can do it, all the "psychic" has to do is throw out some BS and they will twist it into something to do with them.
Never, ever has any "psychic" came close to "reading" me. I'm not knocking those who've had weird experiences, I've had them myself, but if they're going to lay out that claim, they better damn well be ready to back it up. They don't. They haven't and I don't hold out any hope that they ever will.
The ones who prey on those who are grieving are the scum of the Earth.

And yes, the challenge is still open to any and all... Step right up and try your luck.

Orlando, is that you 😂

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join