It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photographs of Area 51 show clearest view ever inside mysterious US air base (snip)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The site, a detachment of California's Edwards Air Force Base, is tucked away between barren mountains, making it impossible for anyone without top-level security clearance to reach.

But determined alien hunters Tim and Tracey Doyle embarked on the 8,000-foot-high hike to the top of Tikaboo Peak to capture photographs and video footage.

The pair, who run YouTube channel UFO Seekers, had to use a super long distance lens to capture these never-before-seen images from 25 miles east of the site.

New photographs of Area 51 show clearest view ever inside mysterious US air base - so what is actually going on there?

I don't know how "new" the photos and videos are, but the article is date-stamped as: 04:10, 5 SEP 2017 :: Updated11:42, 5 SEP 2017

This area still intrigues me, mostly for the possibility of seeing some new advanced U.S. aerial tech I have not seen before. This article does spin off into the alien and Lazar angles, but those (for better or worse) are part of the legend and lore of the place.

I still read stories like this just in the hopes that I do see some new tech, but I lose some of that interest every time it spins off of that topic. So, I'm posting it here for folks to read/view and make their own determination whether these new long range photos form Tikaboo Peak are revealing anything of value to the community.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow, the place keeps growing and growing! Its so much bigger than it was even 5-10 years ago!

I can only imagine what lies beneath that soil.

That place is probably like an anthill, endless chambers

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What is funny is those are some of the poorest photos of Groom Lake. They are the most recent on the interwebs.

Older photos:
lazygranch.com...

Don't do the Tikaboo drive in a 2WD on street tires. Shorts are a bad idea, well unless you like scars. You really do need to camp out near the peak. The best photography is one hours after sunrise.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

To think the government tried for years to deny the existence of this base. How many of us would love to be a fly on the wall and just tour these top secret bases. I'm surprised Trump hasn't demanded to tour these facilities since he's so much into conspiracies.

I doubt they would even allow him, since he's demonstrated he has no self-control and would most likely spill the beans. However, that would be one hell of a tweet!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Krakatoa

To think the government tried for years to deny the existence of this base. How many of us would love to be a fly on the wall and just tour these top secret bases. I'm surprised Trump hasn't demanded to tour these facilities since he's so much into conspiracies.

I doubt they would even allow him, since he's demonstrated he has no self-control and would most likely spill the beans. However, that would be one hell of a tweet!

Yeah, I bet they could balance the budget if they charged for bus tours inside the place. LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
What is funny is those are some of the poorest photos of Groom Lake. They are the most recent on the interwebs.

Older photos:
lazygranch.com...

Don't do the Tikaboo drive in a 2WD on street tires. Shorts are a bad idea, well unless you like scars. You really do need to camp out near the peak. The best photography is one hours after sunrise.

I would love to put together a small camping trip with some people.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Cavrecon22 because: I can't spell

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22

Older photos:
lazygranch.com...

If you plan on camping on the peak or the nearby camp site, you better do it soon. October is fine. You can use the weather station to judge the conditions.

I camped out on Tikaboo after a Nellis airshow in November and it was really cold. Remember you are at 8000ft.

The deal with SUVs is if you rent one, it still won't have off road tires. Most rental car companies have an exclusion for off road travel, though in Nevada, dirt roads are still considered roads. I think they have to be designated by the state or federal as the case may be. About half the trip to Tikaboo is a "named" road. If you do Tikaboo in a rental, I suggest getting two rentals, assuming this isn't a solo trip. And you probably shouldn't do solo Tikaboo hikes. You are likely to get a flat with street tires, but it would be unlikely for both cars to he disabled.

I suggest people start with watching the TTR rather than Groom for their first excursion. The experience is similar but the effort is much less. The hike is about a tenth of a Tikaboo. Because the hike is short, you can sleep in your car. There is a campsite just before the trail up Brainwash Butte.

For most Tikaboo hikes, all you will see flying are Janets. The TTR has Janets too, but often other aircraft either fly around the base or Site-4.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22

Older photos:
lazygranch.com...

If you plan on camping on the peak or the nearby camp site, you better do it soon. October is fine. You can use the weather station to judge the conditions.

I camped out on Tikaboo after a Nellis airshow in November and it was really cold. Remember you are at 8000ft.

The deal with SUVs is if you rent one, it still won't have off road tires. Most rental car companies have an exclusion for off road travel, though in Nevada, dirt roads are still considered roads. I think they have to be designated by the state or federal as the case may be. About half the trip to Tikaboo is a "named" road. If you do Tikaboo in a rental, I suggest getting two rentals, assuming this isn't a solo trip. And you probably shouldn't do solo Tikaboo hikes. You are likely to get a flat with street tires, but it would be unlikely for both cars to he disabled.

I suggest people start with watching the TTR rather than Groom for their first excursion. The experience is similar but the effort is much less. The hike is about a tenth of a Tikaboo. Because the hike is short, you can sleep in your car. There is a campsite just before the trail up Brainwash Butte.

For most Tikaboo hikes, all you will see flying are Janets. The TTR has Janets too, but often other aircraft either fly around the base or Site-4.

Thank you for the advice. I would probably drive to NV since I am pretty close. I have a pretty capable off road vehicle.

Now to get a group together

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm not impressed. Sitting atop Tikaboo Peak is a long ways away, and those images are not crisp at all. And the person doing the filming needs to clean the dirt from his lens.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw
I'm not impressed. Sitting atop Tikaboo Peak is a long ways away, and those images are not crisp at all. And the person doing the filming needs to clean the dirt from his lens.

Well you can't move Tikaboo Peak or the base, but you can camp out on or near the peak so you can shoot during optimal conditions, which is one hour after sunrise.

Dirt is a real problem because you are setting up outdoors.

No argument these are some of the worst Tikaboo shots.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Hallways with mutants, different species being experimented on. Must be a lot of energy with bad suffering, a lot diseases or maybe superior beings being kept away from us. Who knows?

top topics

join