It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood on DACA: Everyone Has Right to Live

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

This is what irritates me. That and schools acting like some weird resistance force. Stick to your jobs.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Planned Parenthood... what does that even mean?

I'm not ready to have a child...
This was not my intention...
I don't want a child..
This is my life..
I live by my own rules.
My will be done!

It is what it is.

Obviously I am not a proponent of Planned Parenthood. Do I think that they are evil? No. Not in and of themselves. We are all evil, in my opinion, and I think that abortion is a result / indicator of our true nature and destiny. God bless America...
edit on 9/7/2017 by milano because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: milano

I think we're equally good and bad. Abortion isn't a symptom of the negative aspects of humanity.

You weren't specific on which god you want America to be blessed by.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

There is only one true god... but that is a different thread. I was actually being sarcastic, which isn't good but it feels good. America (myself included) better get their # together morally real soon because when the # hits the fan manners and decorum go out the window.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: milano

There is only one true god... but that is a different thread. I was actually being sarcastic, which isn't good but it feels good. America (myself included) better get their # together morally real soon because when the # hits the fan manners and decorum go out the window.

I actually believe that there is only one true creator, also. I none-the-less find it bemusing when people make claims to know what it wants, if it wants, who it is, what it is and what the point of anything is, if there even is one.

I also agree with your last paragraph but I have to admit I'm curious at what point we should consider the sht has actually hit the fan because things are looking smeared and splattered and have for a while. Unless there's going to be some catastrophic, actually biblical style event or alien invasion or demonic destruction or something like it. I can't imagine it gets much worse than this aside from nuclear war or one of those.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I agree! I was raised fundamental Christian, programmed to anticipate the 2nd coming/tribulation/apocalypse....and my parents wondered why I smoked weed
As an adult my faith became founded through many #ty life experiences, and a few wonderful times - but I realize that we here in America, having been blessed from the beginning by God Almighty have turned our backs on God. I could go on about how this is evident, but why? Even if I knew what was about to go down, would it even be worth mentioning? I could say "Jesus is coming" and millions of people disappear off the face of earth and people might hear that. I could say that in October of 2017 there is going to be an alien invasion/immersion that will have mankind questioning the nature of reality itself, resulting in basic chaotic pandemonium, insanity, eventual annihilation of the human thought....nightmare cookies

God is Love. 1 john 4.8

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sad to say wouldn't put it past a liberal,most carry signs they have no idea of meaning,most can't read,liberals fail to see how ignorant they look,I think most are too stupid to realize anything,they commit social suicide everytime they leave their mom's basement

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

New potential customer base.

That's what the cynic in me says.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
... and all of the core authoritarians were triggered, yet again.

SMH

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
75% of abortions are for women at or below the poverty line. If the numbers show that more women of color have abortions then this shows that lack of medical care and birth control when you are poor influences higher pregnancy rates. More pregnancies equals more abortions when people are having trouble taking care of their families on minimum wage. Abortion does not mean you don't love your children it means you can't support and take care of more than what you have.
I wonder how many people who are upset about abortion also have no access to birth control or medical care. How many colored children have you adopted? What are you doing about free school lunches and breakfasts? How are you helping economically disadvantaged families?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoLeoMidWest
75% of abortions are for women at or below the poverty line. If the numbers show that more women of color have abortions then this shows that lack of medical care and birth control when you are poor influences higher pregnancy rates. More pregnancies equals more abortions when people are having trouble taking care of their families on minimum wage. Abortion does not mean you don't love your children it means you can't support and take care of more than what you have.
I wonder how many people who are upset about abortion also have no access to birth control or medical care. How many colored children have you adopted? What are you doing about free school lunches and breakfasts? How are you helping economically disadvantaged families?

Now now, don't disturb the partisan rants with actual facts and rational thinking ...

(I'm joking of course. Spot on analysis on your part. Also, Planned Parenthood's resources are focused 97% on women's health issues other than abortion. But that doesn't serve the inane narrative that so many squawk like parrots.)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Babies aren't sentient, the specific definition of Human is superior mental development, articulate speech and upright walking stance.

By the fullest extent of the definition, no, they are not Human.

It's a literal unconscious lump of cells that has no perception of anything, nor has any ability to compare it's state to any other state, and is not even aware of itself, nor it's environment.

Feeling sorry for it makes less sense than feeling sorry for insects, as at least they are processing information at minimal levels before you step on it.

Anyone that feels sorry for babies should quit masturbating IMO, sperm have the same level of awareness and you assholes murder trillions of them a day, you god dammed monsters...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Life begins at the zygote stage. The reason is simple. Life begins as single celled bacteria.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

Incorrect. Even plants are sentient. Sunflowers follow the sun. If they are not sentient, they would not be able to do that.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
Why do planned parenthood think they have any stake in this discussion whatsoever? They need to mind their business and stick to pointing to bowls of condoms.

It's almost as though they're becoming a political organization.

Hmmm ... they're American citizens and an American corporation that both have freedom of speech?

Just a thought.

I'm more interested to know why right-wingers are only interested in partial truths.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SwordOfJustices

A plant is not sentient, I have no idea where you come up with this nonsense. Plants are used as a common example of non-sentience to explain the definition itself.

The difference between the animal and the plant involves sentience. That is, nonhumans—or at least the ones we routinely exploit—are clearly conscious of sense perceptions. Sentient beings have minds; they have preferences, desires, or wants. This is not to say that animal minds are like human minds.

You could use a rock but they use plants because people like you think life is sentience, and It's not.

The core idea of sentience is the ability to think. Plants don't have brains and do not think.
edit on 7-9-2017 by CarlsBad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The whole universe is sentient. Order does not come from chaos without sentience.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SwordOfJustices

K. Go eat your granola you hippy, I'm talking about cognitive activity here.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Every single celled organism has cognitive ability. Zygotes have as well. Or else they would not be able to implant.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The sentient argument doesn't hold water, as death is defined by the loss of a pulse. A brain dead person, while not sentient, is still considered to be alive.

If we hold loss of life to occur at lack of heartbeat, then life begins at the heartbeat, and that occurs around week 5.

Now, that being said, I don't believe that's right, but it's what the current legal practice is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join