It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons in Neighborly Meddling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy website, and yes, many of us subscribe to or in the very least, consider the possibility of various conspiracies.

And we all should know about conspiracy theorizing's krypyonite:

Paranoia and lack of critical thinking/discernment

These are lessons i learned when I was a younger lad, through sites like this from the wise and helpful members, to which I am grateful, as well as very hard, very traumatic experiences.

Dont. Be. Gullible.

Today, I was on the other end of conspiracy theorizing's darker side.

Upon leaving my home, I noticed a gentleman standing behind my car while I was in the garage, ready to exit.

He was waving me down, so I leaned out of the car window and asked if I could help him with anything.

He says:

"Yes Im with (local utility company) and was wondering if i could speak to you?"

I got out of my car and said absolutely, whats going on?

The utility rep. began to tell me that our billing for the last several months was screwed up due to intermittent signals from the smartmeter.

He went on to say itd lead to the power getting shut off and/or a fine for tampering with the billing equipment.

I asked him rather suprised,

"What do you mean tampering?"

He signed to me to follow him to the meter.

What I saw immediately made me realize how conspiracy theories can go too far.

Wrapped around the smart meter was a tightly woven metal mesh, with two amateur welded rings to clamp the mesh onto the meter.

Dumbfounded, I said to him,

"I didn't do this...but that's a #ing faraday cage."

For those that don't know, a faraday cage is a metallic cage that protects electronic devices from things like EMP's, but it also will block EM signals from leaving the device; in this case, it was preventing our utility from reading our meter!

The utility rep laughed and pointed out a sticker on the cage:

smartmeterguard.com

Someone is making profit off of people's paranoia, and many of us, we've seen instances like this before.

The rep took the cage off and replaced the meter and went on his way.

I promptly called my land lord and he was furious.

He told me that our next door neighbor is extremely paranoid about e.m. like radio waves, smartmeters, you name it.

Our neighbor quite literally put a faraday cage on our smartmeter at some point, several months ago, and almost got us fined or power shut off...

Im not here to argue about smartmeters (which, even if it were true that smartmeters have a smartmeter-mind-control-death-beam, it is over 100 feet from her house).

Im simply saying that its one thing to let irrational paranoia affect yourself, but when you start meddling with your friends and neighbors, it may not go over so well with them.

Case in point, our HOA has been notified.

So, when it comes to this, best to wear your own tinfoil hat, and not tinfoil hat your neighbor's #ing smartmeter.

edit on 6-9-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I'm surrounded by cops. A cop just moved in across the street. A state patrol dude lives right next to him. I step out my front door and two house to the left there is a cop. Go two house from him another cop. Stepping out my front door again to my right the third house down is a cop who just retired. I'm a little paranoid.
I would put a camera up somewhere it cant be seen just to keep an eye on this neighbor of yours. You don't need that s#it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Your post made me laugh

Think of it this way, if there's ever a zombie apocalypse, dunno if youve seen Walking Dead, but cops seem to do well in that scenario, so youre set

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I don't personally like being around a lot of electronics.. for me its not so much the electromagnetic waves as much as just magnetic fields..

Its not something that really bothers you unless you meditate too hard and you start hearing electricity haha.

but yea.

Ive never gone that paranoid. And now I just turn off speakers especially and older TVs before meditating.

my aunt (not related) went nutty and called the bomb squad on my uncle because he was building a bomb to kill her..

He was actually working on something for the government at the time. It did look bomb like honestly.. Ironically it was for detecting IED. Then she thought he was releasing thousands of black widows to kill her..

You can lose your mind through unchecked conspiracy thought processes. You dont have to be crazy to go crazy.

facts.

Smart people make me paranoid. How do I know if you are manipulating me if you are smarter than me? I had an ongoing experience like that and it did a number on me. I think thats the crux of it.. "the government" is collectively smarter than all of us..

trust issues abound.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

See what you said makes total sense to me. I may not fully agree with everything, but youre going about those things methodically, and I dont necessarily know for sure either way, so, respect.

Plus, uncertainty is a useful too, and so is paranoia when applied correctly.

A prime example is going camping in the woods. Im sure as # gonna be paranoid about getting mauled by a bear.

edit on 6-9-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would have run the rep over.

Do not come un-announced onto my property....For any reason. I have no idea who you are and without serious ID and verification, you wont get the chance to explain.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

For a solid 3 seconds i just stared at him in the mirror. Trust me, the thought crossed my mind.

I guess Im a little paranoid too 😂

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ive been jumped twice. once with people in a car all the doors opened after the first guy punched me.. luckily I was too drunk to feel it and my army training kicked in.. ran my ass off until they tired then turned on another gear then went full camo hide mode.. couldnt find me and they got within feet.

anyway when cars slow down near me i get insanely tense. look around is there a speedbump, stoplight, person in the road.. mind racing ready for combat.

oh they're on their cell phone.

Im safe.

the electronics thing is just something you can notice.. if you have an old non flat screen tv.. cathode ray tube.. CRT.. turn it on full volume but muted. go near it.. you will hear EEEEEE... its annoying when trying to meditate as it sort of entrains your own inner sounds..

my point about it is im not paranoid about bathing in all these signals from infrared all the way up.. well you know dont shoot me with xrays, but the normal stuff is not anything i care about.

want to get paranoid??

here is this thread...

check out my ad:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Go to a junk yard, grab a few broken large dish antennas...and point them directly at the neighbor. They dont have to work...but it'll definitely rattle the freak outta that neighbor thinking all the emr pointed at 'em!

Fair is fair!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Priceless.

The look on her face would be so worth it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am looking for a place to situate, aside from California, where smart valve isolation tanks are not required by force of law (gun) because it is beyond a matter of life and death.

I will not bore you with anecdotal evidence since you seem immune to information. I will not post links from Harvard doctors who warn of the dangers. It is better that you remain where you are, and that I leave, for manifold reasons.

This is what I discerned while searching for information about where it is safe to abide.

The internet is grudging in listing places where revolts are taking place against the living microwave chambers. Six months ago it was easier to find places in the states where traction was being gained. I thought I read that Virginia was starting in allowing analog valves, and California was def allowing the removal of smart valves. Today I see Grand Rapids is joining the fray, as well as parts of Quebec. Godspeed to you. May your ectoplasms grow, your thrombocytes multiply, and thrive.

I found an article headed with the title "Half of European countries reject smart meters"
and damned if they listed the places. It was deliberately omitted.

OP, you, and many like you have no idea what these devices enable. There is no escaping
the walls of your home, but until you do, I suggest you obey. I mean especially your thoughts.

# 869

edit on 6-9-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Nightline channel 7 prole tv, Chicago, 10:37 PM, host Dan Harris is lisping like he is hosting a kid's science program.

edit on 7-9-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Dr. Jacquette (last name pending) is a man? Pushes soda tax, paid for by Michael Bloomberg, but lisps and looks like an affected gay man.

edit on 7-9-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: not that there is anything wrong with that...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Paranoia is harmless until it starts interfering with the individual or others. In this case - your neighbour - who should probably have a psych evaluation just in case.

The neighbour reminds me a wee bit of Saul Goodman's brother in Better Call Saul.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

and now on the bottom of my page here is my ad..

I really don't think most people will ever understand.

but I'll try again.

Hopefully I don't get hurt this time.

Hopefully you all are not so silly to not understand why I posted those two ads I got on this very page.

"behavior modification" I try to avoid pain..

Take care.

edit on 7-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

You mean Lenny? Of Lenny and Squiggy fame?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Oh, wow...did you verify that this man was actually with the power company? Yeah, seems likely, but still.

Bizarre move, if that really was the neighbor! A "smart meter"?? That's one I haven't heard!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

smart meters were all the rage in conspiracy circles some years ago.. maybe like 3 years?? Can't recall when.

They transmit data to the power company instead of somone coming to look at a counter on the side of your house.. part of the uproar was that it could possibly be reading everything you are using rather than a running total mashed together...

The other part and why op had a faraday cage on his/her smart meter was to block its emission of microwaves.. Many people were worried about it on the same level as microchips implanted in the skin with rfid....

I don't know of anyone who's measured the signals coming off for strength and frequency of transmission, but I remember that being the conspiracy...

and Im holdimg a cellphone typing... GPS and all the rest..
Its bluetooth and microwave tower and wifi routering all at the same time.

baaa

but at least its spying on my voice and my calls and texts at the NSA as well. Thank god all those aps can steal my data as well.. At least Im not alone..
Somone is listening.. And that makes me feel warm, like a well used pair of pants..

edit on 7-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

You can buy those cage thingies on Amazon.
Putting one on your meter would seen to be illegal. Is Amazon selling contraband? Or maybe it's just a violation of your contract with the power company. In which case, no lights for you!

edit on 9/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You can buy those cage thingies on Amazon.
Putting one on your meter would seen to be illegal. Is Amazon selling contraband?

hmm

I dont care lol..

Is amazon liable for every product from its probably millions of outside amazon sellers??

and you can buy "illegal" things as long as you dont use them illegally..

I cant remember but arent you not supposed to use police radar detectors? but you could get them at radioshack years ago..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I don't personally like being around a lot of electronics.. for me its not so much the electromagnetic waves as much as just magnetic fields..

Its not something that really bothers you unless you meditate too hard and you start hearing electricity haha.

but yea.

Ive never gone that paranoid. And now I just turn off speakers especially and older TVs before meditating.

my aunt (not related) went nutty and called the bomb squad on my uncle because he was building a bomb to kill her..

He was actually working on something for the government at the time. It did look bomb like honestly.. Ironically it was for detecting IED. Then she thought he was releasing thousands of black widows to kill her..

You can lose your mind through unchecked conspiracy thought processes. You dont have to be crazy to go crazy.

facts.

Smart people make me paranoid. How do I know if you are manipulating me if you are smarter than me? I had an ongoing experience like that and it did a number on me. I think thats the crux of it.. "the government" is collectively smarter than all of us..

trust issues abound.

years ago I was evacuated from my house while the bomb squad defused a bomb in a neighbours house the landlord found after he cleared the old tennants property after he was sent to prison and evicted.

Never seen so much fuss for what turned out to be a digital alarm clock wired up to a car battery to wake him up for work after having the electricity cut off.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Can I buy a bong?
The laws in your state may vary. I guess.

edit on 9/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join