It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The MSM is falling over themselves to tug at the heartstrings with their stories of people in this country illegally. The school that I pay 20k a year to so my daughter can get her degree has sent out an email to my daughter and other students telling them how horrible removing the Obama era DACA is and how insensitive it is to people here illegally (how about you just stick to coursework...you know...what I pay you to do).

My problem is this...these people are here in our country illegally. Blame their parents for breaking the laws of my country and bringing them here and putting them in the situation they are in currently. If they don't like it too bad.

There are literally millions of LEGAL immigrants that have come to the U.S. for better lives and have done things the right way. Why should people that cut the line and are here ILLEGALLY get special and in some cases better status treatment than people here that followed the rules to be here?

Sorry, I don't care. If you are here illegally go to the country you were born in and come back legally like everyone else that respects the laws of my country and does things the right way.

Here's the deal. America has tolerated illegal immigration for so long. We let them live here, work, and study. That's America's problem, not the immigrants', or their children.

Its one thing to say no more immigration, but to try and reverse the process is ridiculous. We should let them live here. So many of them have integrated into our society. All of my high school friends are illegal immigrants. The grew up to become doctors, lawyers, architects, and engineers. They work and study harder than your legal millennial.
edit on 6-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Black_Fox

Great! We'll just put those children on Welfare, Food Stamps and in Public Housing! Problem solved!

Don't we already?

How do you think those people are living now?

In the streets? Nah.

They are already receiving benefits.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm only going to respond to your comment in regards/context to the DACA Program.

The school that I pay 20k a year to so my daughter can get her degree has sent out an email to my daughter and other students telling them how horrible removing the Obama era DACA is and how insensitive it is to people here illegally

Removing DACA completely will have a negative ripple-effect on the US economy. And this is why:

...most Americans have made up their minds. Almost 80 percent of registered voters, and a whopping 72 percent of Republicans, said the DACA recipients should be able to stay or earn citizenship, according to a recent Morning Consult poll.

You see:

Nearly 91 percent of them are legally working, up since President Barack Obama enacted DACA.

This high percentage of those *legally working* because of DACA, resulted in:

Their roughly $30 billion a year in earnings [which] has a job-creating ripple effect on the economy.

I agree — there are indeed millions of LEGAL immigrants who have followed the correct course of action. They also live in harmony with the hundreds of millions of natural born US citizens. But so do DACA recipients.

DACA is a two-year work permit limited to unlawful immigrant children brought here younger than age 16 who are attending school or have graduated, who have continuously resided here since 2007, who aren’t criminals and who fulfill a handful of other requirements.

"The DACA recipients are culturally and educationally American." But, despite all that:

DACA recipients can’t vote and it’s not a path to citizenship, just a work visa and deportation reprieve. Yet they speak English, grew up steeped in American culture and have roots here as deep as many native-born Americans. A recent Cato Institute paper found that they are less likely to be incarcerated than native-born Americans with the same age and education level.

Why should people residing ILLEGALLY get special and/or better status treatment than people who followed the correct legal path to be here?

DACA recipients also pay their own way. They can’t collect welfare benefits but they have to pay taxes.

Also:

[DACA] recipients will pay about $60 billion more in federal taxes than they’ll consume in benefits over the next decade.

The DACA recipients are culturally and educationally American. They pay their own way, contribute to the economy and don’t live off government handouts. Legislative solutions like Rep. Carlos Curbelo’s (R-Fla.) Recognizing America’s Children Act would place them on a path toward citizenship and fix this problem once and for all.

The DACA program sounds like a win/win situation for the good ol' USA.

From the CATO Institute:

www.cato.org...

www.cato.org...

www.cato.org...

www.cato.org...

www.cato.org...

www.cato.org...

edit on 6-9-2017 by Involutionist because: ...my grammar & punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

That's not true. DACA recipients all work or go to school. That's what DACA is, a permit to work or go to school. DACA recipients are not allowed to take government aide.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

We should let them live here. So many of them have integrated into our society. All of my high school friends are illegal immigrants. The grew up to be doctors, lawyers, lawyers, architects, and engineers. They work and study harder than your legal millennial.

So how did they get the funding to get such expensive degrees. School loans are given to illegals ? Just curious 🤔

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's not true. DACA recipients all work or go to school. That's what DACA is, a permit to work or go to school. DACA recipients are not allowed to take government aide.

Work? Go to school?

How? Aren't they here because of the illegal parents?
Where do they live? With mommy and daddy?

Well then, go to their homes and throw mommy and daddy back across the border.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Most of them had parents who worked in construction. Very hard working parents who helped build up the city of Miami. All those new fancy buildings are built by immigrants.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Most of them had parents who worked in construction. Very hard working parents who helped build up the city of Miami. All those new fancy buildings are built by immigrants.

Sounds like they could be taking construction jobs away from legal immigrants ? Lots of parents work hard , and many want jobs that are being given to illegals because of lesser wages .

Not trying to be unfair ... but it sounds like some construction companies are taking advantage of low wages , and to the illegals it doesn't matter much because they don't pay taxes on their wages.. or do they ?

Just trying to understand why companies hire illegals to start with... and it can't be just because they work harder.

Or did they own the construction companies ? That seems more unfair to those who are running them legally.

edit on 6-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Interesting, I didn't realize there was a clause regarding which laws we must obey and which we can ignore. I know it seems like that because of people like Hillary, but I have never found one to exist for us normal people.

people have protested and disobeyed unjust laws throughout our history, starting with our founding fathers.

perhaps i erred in thinking you were conservative? you're merely authoritarian.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

In my area, Southern California, the illegals hang out at places like Home Depot and Lowes and get picked up by people looking for cheap and convenient labor.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

No sir, they aren't undocumented, they are ILLEGAL.

Lmao. Somebody is wound a couple twists too tightly. I use the term "illegal immigrant" about 90% of the time but hey, "virtue signal" on you absolute badass you.

And I don't care about your feelings either, you can like them, love them, buy a house or an ice cream.

And? I don't care any more about your feelings than you do mine, quite possibly less.

They broke the law.

Having been brought here as minor children in the custody of their parents — some of them as infants — holding them responsible for "breaking the law" isn't just mean or callous, it's irrational and unreasonable.

It's an asinine argument on its face. That's without even getting into arguments about criminality and concepts of right, wrong, justice and injustice.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

lmao, wow I really burned your questionable spiritual attitude in the help Texas thread hey?

My question wasn't snarky. It was simple and he answered. So it was done as far I am concerned. Looks like Metalicus was done with it too....but seeings you jumped in....

Now , you thinking that Jesus didn't offer sanctuary, food and healing to those in need, regardless of contagious disease, race and religion, tells me you must be reading something else other than the Christian bible.

The answer to the OP's question is in the bible FOR Christians. If you struggle with transplanting the compassion of Christ to those in need today, that is your own spiritual journey you need to deal with.
Please stop following me around and yelling AT me what Christians and prayers are meant to be, it isn't very becoming of a good hearted christian.

Then please quit religiously baiting topics with silly snarky replies like " are you a Christian ".

Jesus did say help those in need , but there are many in need in this world... and charity begins in the home or in this case in the country.

I think vets should be better taken care of than illegal immigrants .

You started this miss zfrazz with your religious baiting , same as your athiest prayer comment in the Texas thread.
It's always those who are too cool to believe in Jesus who tell Christians how they should think and feel.

Sorry..I don't take Christian advice from athiests 🙄
edit on 6-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
You don't have to feel bad about them in regards to their possibility of deportation. But I would think you may have some sympathy if say 100 illegals were lined up on a wall and executed just for being illegal. I am pretty sure your still human and would feel bad for them from a human perspective if they were victimized.

But you don't have to feel bad about seeing them deported, I don't either.

There is a huge difference between being sent home and being executed.

I am mainly tired of the ones who come here and then ride around sporting their old flag. If their old country was such a hell hole, you'd think they'd be done with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Hey listen, if you were born here and your parents were too for at least four generations, then you are also the child of illegal immigrants. The founding fathers and their families did not exactly apply for visas or fill out paperwork to come here.
a reply to: infolurker
sounds good to me!

The US and its laws didn't exist when they came here. That's a dumb argument.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Having been brought here as minor children in the custody of their parents — some of them as infants — holding them responsible for "breaking the law" isn't just mean or callous, it's irrational and unreasonable.

Many of them are well old enough to have done something about their immigration status as legal adults in their own right, and yet they did nothing except continue to sob about it and demand it be given to them like it's owed them.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No sir, they aren't undocumented, they are ILLEGAL.

And I don't care about your feelings either, you can like them, love them, buy a house or an ice cream.

They broke the law.

Do they make that distinction when it comes to abortion, when its used as contraception?

Note: I don't necessarily have a problem with abortion in regards to rape/incest. And I know what the response will be. "Do you wanna use tax money to take care of the mother and the child via welfare/foodstamps? ". Well, we're already doing that with Dreamers.

ETA: I know I just kicked the hornets nest
I'm gonna go eat dinner.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Many of them are well old enough to have done something about their immigration status as legal adults in their own right, and yet they did nothing except continue to sob about it and demand it be given to them like it's owed them.

it just amazes me how many of you keep saying this. it's almost like you have no familiarity at all with the law in the matter.

surely you're not going off half-cocked about things you know nothing about, hmm?

changes to US law made it nearly impossible for an immigrant to get legal status if they’d lived in the country illegally. So the children who crossed illegally into the US with their parents were growing up in a country where they could never become legal residents or citizens.

TRY DOING YOUR DAMN HOMEWORK

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: ketsuko

it just amazes me how many of you keep saying this. it's almost like you have no familiarity at all with the law in the matter.

surely you're not going off half-cocked about things you know nothing about, hmm?

changes to US law made it nearly impossible for an immigrant to get legal status if they’d lived in the country illegally. So the children who crossed illegally into the US with their parents were growing up in a country where they could never become legal residents or citizens.

TRY DOING YOUR DAMN HOMEWORK

Like I've said before. DACA was immigration purgatory. Even Obama said it was temporary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join