It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem. Sen. Menendez Previously Accused of Underage Sex Currently on Trial For Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It seems we have another contestant for Who Wants To Be The Most Corrupted Democrat?

Democratic Senator, Robert Menendez has been trying to weasel his way out of justice for accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes which facilitated the scamming of no less than $105,000,000 of taxpayer dollars.

Harry Reid Asked Obama White House To Help Menendez Donor

"Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid personally asked the Obama administration to help a Florida eye doctor (Dr. Solomon Melgen) who was accused of paying Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, according to the Department of Justice."

"Melgen was convicted of 67 counts of Medicare fraud in April. Federal prosecutors were able to convince the jury that Melgen stole up to $105 million from Medicare between 2008 to 2013. He was allegedly splitting up expensive eye drugs into four separate doses and charging the government for each treatment."

Menendez lied to public about ‘gifts’ from doctor friend: prosecutors

"The defendants’ bribery scheme began shortly after Menendez’s elevation to the Senate in 2006, when Melgen began a pattern of treating Menendez to weekend and week-long getaways in the Dominican Republic that would continue for the next several years..."

Poor Menendez tried to play the "but I'm special?" card, though it fell on deaf ears by the judge. Who miraculously doesn't seem to be bribed himself as he's pretty set on a conviction and harsh punishment. Not typical for the Democratic party lately:

Judge Rejects Menendez’s Request To Delay His Corruption Trial Because He’s A Senator

As the title states, Menendez was previously prosecuted for trafficking underage girls to exotic retreats. However the charges were ultimately dropped as the senator simply paid the girls off...:

Sen. Robert Menendez may have had sex with underage hookers in Dominican Republic: prosecutors

"Federal prosecutors said Monday that they aren’t convinced claims U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez cavorted with underage hookers – widely seen as discredited – are false."

"Three women who made the prostitution allegations later recanted and said they were paid to level the charges. Neither Melgen nor Menendez was charged with soliciting underage prostitutes."

"The prosecutors noted eyewitness testimony that Melgen, 61, attended a party that included prostitutes, and that he flew "numerous young women" to the Dominican Republic on his private jet."

Maybe it's just me but I can't help but notice a pattern here... Democrat/Democrat affiliate> Accusations of underage sex/trafficking> Minor/No conviction> Swept under rug... Then you have the odd dreg who gets thrown under the bus, possibly to sustain the illusion that any real justice is brought to these corrupt bureaucrats. People call me a conspiracy theorist for claiming that pedo satanists run the world, yet these cases keep coming up over and over again, and it's the same each time:

Little coverage> Quick trial, minor punishment> Swept under the rug....

Yet I'm crazy for believing there's a massive coverup...

If you want an in depth analysis of the Menendez case, check out Chris Simpson's:

I've been following this guy for a while and I gotta say he is a great independent investigator. He's always on top of the current corruption within the political spectrum, he's direct, to the point and provides plenty of references.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

Get rid of him. He's a criminal and he needs some time in a cell...if the allegations are found true.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why do we vote for the lowest forms of life. This is a reprehensible individual. Why? What's going on here? I can't name one politician who isn't a dirtbag in one way or another. My God, the Clinton crime family is another great example of American politics, we're done for.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Why do we vote for the lowest forms of life. This is a reprehensible individual. Why?

Because that's who the Democrats put on the ballot, the corrupt thus easy to manipulate men who usually have a thing for pedophilia, bribery and drugs.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: WUNK22
Why do we vote for the lowest forms of life. This is a reprehensible individual. Why?

Because that's who the Democrats put on the ballot, the corrupt thus easy to manipulate men who usually have a thing for pedophilia, bribery and drugs.

Before you and the rest of ATS get whipped up in righteous partisan fury:

Bush (R) White House flyingsnail.com...
Dennis Hastert (R)
Larry Craig (R)
Mark Foley (R)

and I'll just leave this here:

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So we can identify the problem, finally. But what do we do? How can we fix this broken system?

Protesting doesn't work. Technically protesting doesn't really exist, at least not in America. It's only a real protest if you have the right to stop someone from stopping you from protesting. Meaning being able to push back against the police without risk of incarceration.

Petitions don't work. No one in power pays any attention to that BS. They may provide a few words of encouragement, but nothing substantial. Nothing changes.

The one I hear the most;

"Why don't you become a politician and change it yourself?"

Give me a break. Spend how many years getting degrees and plaques and all the other BS stating "I'm ready to fix my country"?... At which point all of those you planned to go after are now retired with a hefty pension. You can't fix it from the inside. Anyone who tries is given less and less power and influence. Anyone who does is often killed, or "suicided", or "cancered".

The only thing I can think of at this point is a mass flooding of all emails and phone lines of all elected officials with known or suspected ties to corruption or corrupt individuals. Literally everyone sending constant emails and phone calls, demanding they step down. Demanding justice. Lock the whole system down. Prevent them from scheming and communicating amongst one another. This is the only solution left that I can think of. If someone has a better idea I'm all ears...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

As the title states, Menendez was previously prosecuted for trafficking underage girls to exotic retreats.

This is part of what I believe was found in the infamous DNC emails and server. Perhaps the Clinton Foundation was a money laundering operation ???
They can never let the information contained see the light of day. It would affect a lot of governments.

We may never know...

edit on 9/6/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The judge should have found the defense attorney In Contempt of Court.

To let an officer of the court address such statements is fool's play.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I am from New Jersey and know All About how Corrupt this Scum Bag is . About Time he was Finally Caught Red Handed Ripping the State Off . He is also Not Alone , New Jersey Politics are Full of this Type of Crook .

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That's a shame too. I lived in Joisey from '85 right up to the Gulf War deployment. Never went back though. It was a pretty nice place and the people I 'met' were exceptional. The only thing I didn't like were the Toll Roads and the politics (and Newark too, now that I think of it).

If Senator Menendez goes to prison the right message is being sent. I am so tired of seeing 'one set of laws for us' ... and 'a different set for the Political Class'.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I Live in South Jersey , mostly Hard Working People down here who have No Love for the Politicians in Trenton . We are Still waiting for Fat Boy Christi to send the Hurricane Sandy Relief Money we Never Got in the Last 5 Years . Corruption is What Corruption Does I Guess.....

new topics

top topics

join