It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A student found an ancient Canadian village that’s 10,000 years older than the Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thanks all for the replies.

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: Spider879
Interesting read, but why use the pyramids as a measuring stick, the village should be celebrated in it's own right, I love me some things Egyptian but they are not the be all of all things ancient.

It helps people put into an easier context to understand, even though they almost certainly got the age of the pyramids incorrect.

That's why I went with that article/title, look like the news would appeal to a broader audience to bring the find out, albeit I still figure members know way more context wise.

Comparison to Gobekli Tepe, as shared above, now that'd have been more interesting as a title and seems known around here.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Good post! I live in British Columbia and was excited to learn several months ago that apparent proof was unearthed that some First Nations people arrived by sea even before the massive ice age glaciers had receded.

Coincidentally, the Huaca Prieta site in Peru was recently discovered to have an approximately 15,000 year old advanced village deep beneath the surface:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know it is an incredible stretch of logic, but here's hoping the two sites may be related - even if indirectly.

Good find.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Excellent find! Thanks for the thread.

That must have been one exciting field school! Finding something completely new is amazingly energizing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: redrazor

Please provide your definition of "advanced."

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sorry, they apparently were using basic stone tools when they arrived, but went on to construct intricate baskets and the world's oldest use of indigo dye around 4,000 BC (1,500 years before the Egyptians). So, no, they weren't "advanced" at the outset, but definitely had potential.

Poor choice of word - thanks for bringing that up.
edit on 7-9-2017 by redrazor because: Correcting date.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: redrazor

Please provide your definition of "advanced."

Humans ate like bears for 100,000+ plus years before we began to dabble at masonry and farming. It really depends on your measuring stick.

I could argue that oral and ceremonial tradition is signs of an advanced species.
edit on 7-9-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2017 by RAY1990 because: My smartphone is just 0's and 1's

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Are you saying that those who wove the textiles at that site were not human?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Pretty cool. Not so much that it is that old, but that the oral history was actually accurate. I know a lot of tribes worldwide rely on oral history to keep information from being lost to time, but many things often are despite best efforts. Such is the nature of an ancient game of Telephone.

originally posted by: VVV88
The Egyptian pyramids are much older than claimed in the so-called "history" books.

Well hello there, Daniel Jackson. I'm waiting for the pyramids-as-alien-landing-pads follow-up comment.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not at all.

Maybe I'm not getting something?

Our subspecies hasn't changed for a long time, evidence suggests that we've just refined our skills and tools till agriculture came around, so yes they were "wise human human".

Unless you're suggesting we need a reclassification, from the time humans could live in larger groups than around 250 people?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'm not suggesting that.

I'm suggesting (too subtlety?) That there was nothing "advanced" about the site referred to.

Humans are pretty damned clever and weaving is not that big of a step from skins.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly.

That was kind of my point with the measuring stick comment or our historic eating habits being similar to bears.

Many aspects of the human that we relate to our advancement can be found way into our past, things like cave paintings, jewellery, clothing, tools... All sorts.

We see these in nature too but not to the same extent.

We can only be as advanced as the group is, our communication techniques are key to our advancement. My measuring stick was nature though and we've been more "advanced" for at least 100,000 years, our cousins too.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 7-9-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Ah. Got it.

There are indications though that our European cousins (kissin cousins as DNA now tells us) were doing pretty well. Still don't know what happened to 'em though.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Exciting! My home province.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The nation claims that its ancestors fled for survival to a coastal area in Canada that never froze during the Ice Age.

Now this is Interesting

Is there a Hot Springs ,
something Similar to Volcano near by,

Well nice Find ,

So what does that make it a

8,000 , 15,000 or 20,000 year old Site ,

isn't there Evidence of Sites , Camps the Former Doggerland
that are just as Old in the English Channel
that had been Discovered ?

Stone Age Settlement Found Under English Channel
By Heather Whipps | August 9, 2007 05:32am ET
www.livescience.com...

I still think its funny,

MAN ( Modern MAN ) just been roaming around for
240,000 years with no Major Advancement
in Technology .. until the last 10,000

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Is there a Hot Springs ,

No, its outer bank island off of british columbia.
Its far enough from the mainland that the ocean moderated its temperature.

It makes it a 14,000 year old site. It has been securley dated, both by C14 and by stratigraphy.

No, evidence of habitation is infered from relativley few finds. At the time the village in B.C. was occupied, doggerland was wind swept arctic tundra at the base of the continental glaciers. It was hundreds of miles inland would have been cold as F.
The climate in B.C., while cold, was a tropical paradise compared to that of doggerland. The people there hunted seals, fished and gathered shellfish. Shellfish was the go to staple for people in that region, they would stay in a particlular area until the clam population started to fall then move on, to a new area and return to old ones in subsequent seasons.

Doggerland didnt really start to be habitable for several thousand more years, and "village" at the linked site is only 8ky old.

One interesting fact about that part of the west coast of N.A., the land is rising due to isostatic reboundat a rate faster than sea level rose over the last 12,000 years, so stuff that was under water or near the waters edge when this site was occupied is now higher in elevation than sea level is.

Most everyone has missed the really important part of this story, The Heiltsuk People have lived continuously in the area for 14,000 years, and their oral history has been shown to be accurate with respect to stories about ancient contitions.
Also the Heiltsuk people belong to a language family, Wakashan, that includes the Nuu-chah-nulth. The Nuu-chah-nulth people are one of the MtDna Hg X2a peoples, the same Hg as Kennewick man.
We know that kennewith man was not local to the area he was found in, he had grown up eating fish and seals, and drinking glacial waters, not water from the columbia river drainage, this essentially describes the area of coastal B.C..

edit on p0000009k26942017Thu, 07 Sep 2017 12:26:38 -0500k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Interesting read, but why use the pyramids as a measuring stick, the village should be celebrated in it's own right, I love me some things Egyptian but they are not the be all of all things ancient.

Probably just because the pyramids are sort of a ubiquitous archaeological knowledge that most people have; it's an easy example that the average layman will understand.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: Wolfenz

Is there a Hot Springs ,

No, its outer bank island off of british columbia.
Its far enough from the mainland that the ocean moderated its temperature.

It makes it a 14,000 year old site. It has been securley dated, both by C14 and by stratigraphy.

No, evidence of habitation is infered from relativley few finds. At the time the village in B.C. was occupied, doggerland was wind swept arctic tundra at the base of the continental glaciers. It was hundreds of miles inland would have been cold as F.
The climate in B.C., while cold, was a tropical paradise compared to that of doggerland. The people there hunted seals, fished and gathered shellfish. Shellfish was the go to staple for people in that region, they would stay in a particlular area until the clam population started to fall then move on, to a new area and return to old ones in subsequent seasons.

Doggerland didnt really start to be habitable for several thousand more years, and "village" at the linked site is only 8ky old.

One interesting fact about that part of the west coast of N.A., the land is rising due to isostatic reboundat a rate faster than sea level rose over the last 12,000 years, so stuff that was under water or near the waters edge when this site was occupied is now higher in elevation than sea level is.

Most everyone has missed the really important part of this story, The Heiltsuk People have lived continuously in the area for 14,000 years, and their oral history has been shown to be accurate with respect to stories about ancient contitions.
Also the Heiltsuk people belong to a language family, Wakashan, that includes the Nuu-chah-nulth. The Nuu-chah-nulth people are one of the MtDna Hg X2a peoples, the same Hg as Kennewick man.
We know that kennewith man was not local to the area he was found in, he had grown up eating fish and seals, and drinking glacial waters, not water from the columbia river drainage, this essentially describes the area of coastal B.C..

Thanks for the Info Pumpkinworks Greatly Appreciate it

I was Wondering about why the Area wasn't changed nor covered during and after the Ice Age
. I see Now ,,

14 thousand years ...

sounds about right , around the Range in the Average

and there are claims of Remains found
too be around much much older then Clovis period

and Wild claims in North and South America being

50,000 years that is still in Major Debate ,.

as you said =
British Scientists Believe They've Found A Landmass Wiped Out 8,500 Years Ago
www.businessinsider.com...

although you already know pumkinworks its a fascinating read :

'Britain's Atlantis' found at bottom of North sea - a huge undersea world swallowed by the sea in 6500BC
Divers have found traces of ancient land swallowed by waves 8500 years ago
Doggerland once stretched from Scotland to Denmark
Rivers seen underwater by seismic scans
Britain was not an island - and area under North Sea was roamed by mammoths and other giant animals
Described as the 'real heartland' of Europe
Had population of tens of thousands - but devastated by sea level rises
www.dailymail.co.uk...

the time line of the existing land Mass Doggerland apparently Man was walking around although cold , untill
the flood came and Destruction of tusumis ...

seems to me that the The Heiltsuk People were right , of their claims of origin ..

thats interesting of the link between the Heiltsuk People and the Kennewick Man
from his DNA that do tell the tales ..

I have a Feeling there was a One Civilization different Races yet Same Culture that Separated within Time
n around the Arctic Circle after the last ice Age or before it LOL

What Ive Noticed The SAMIs aka Laplanders

and My Descendants
CREE and Iroquois Mohawk
HAD .... lived a Closer too the Same type of Lifestyle & Culture

Even the language the Mohawk Language and The SAMI Language
Have a Similar pronunciation and Expression of Speaking,
yet the Speech Wording is Completely Different,
but sound similar ,

Here is a Clip from the Movie Called Pathfinder aka OLFELAS

Listen when the Mother Speaks to the Boy Child .

That is How the Iroquois Speak,,
in expression ,

Unfortunately there was a clip from the Movie called pathfinder 1987 Bear Dance
its now Removed from Youtube
Copyright Laws
on a Clip ?? anyhow , if you see the Movie Pathfinder made in 1987 NOT the 2007
Listen real close to the Mother and BOY in their Own Language ,

from what i read The Director and Producer wanted the Real Ancient SAMI Language Speech
but from what I hear Frequently of the Mohawk Language , it sounds Close!
this Is why I Believe there was once a Arctic Circle Civilization .

Dam wish i could Post the Clip AGAIN ..

But.. found this ...

Now .. The Focus is the Pronunciation and Expression
the WAy... they SPeak... Not the Words Spoken
something like a Accent in a way

( SAMI )
Samegiela speakers of the Sami language reflect.avi
www.youtube.com...

( Iroquois Mohawk ) part of my Blood ..
Kahnawake Mohawk Language Segment on MohawkTV
www.youtube.com...

Play at the same time . and you can see similar way of Speaking ,
the Pronouce , kinda accent .. Dilect

edit on 42017ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago9249 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

This video has a ton of new information: www.youtube.com...
-Comparisons with other sites we know to be older than 10, 000 years, (such as glyphs and symbols found the world over that suggests they were near in timeframe)
-Analysis of ancient star positions and astronomical phenomemenon, such as the sun's position on solstice and equinox, and how they perfectly correlate only in the much older time period

This one is a discussion on erosion theory regarding the Sphinx at Giza:
www.youtube.com... (Short version ~30 min)
www.youtube.com... (Full video 3 hrs +)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: VVV88
The Egyptian pyramids are much older than claimed in the so-called "history" books.

I am not doubting you, but any links to back this up?

You may not be doubting him, but I certainly am.

And I can give you a hundred links to support what he says - all of them from fringe websites, of course.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join