It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goosebumps and Music Study, do you get emotional?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I have reactions to some songs, but it tends to be either because of the message of the song, or because the singer os so amazingly awesome. Rhema Marvanne, for example, has that effect! Amazing voice!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BloodStainedGlass

That song is great, very powerful when the beat kicks in. As if she realised she's a sovereign human being as she walks against the crowd.

I looked up the song, good choice

a reply to: Y3K89

That's debatable, but the quality of the sound system can make a difference. I believe that.

I was on holiday in Spain when I was 15-16, on the beach their was 3 native Americans playing their traditional music. Rainclouds were slightly inland and dispersing once they reached the coast and sometimes you could see the barrier that the rain never crossed.

Anyways they were playing just on that border, they only had 3 instruments but I sat and listened for about 30 mins till I had to leave, fighting back the tears every second.

But with that being said, hearing Bruce Springsteen just tuning up and practising did it for me once and I know a lot of it was due to the power of the sound system used.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Ahh the animals.

They've got a few magical songs. Just did a Google search and found out they still play! That first one, I remember freaking out a bit as a child watching that video.

Celine Dion could probably sing happy birthday and still give goosebumps
good choices.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks for posting that

I've heard a version done by Frank Turner, he does it justice but the original is great, cant believe I've never heard it.

Another Turner song from me, I've danced like a lunatic to this a few times, then again I can't really dance and probably always look like a lunatic.

Thanks for the song

a reply to: mockingmay

I loved those mega drive ones and yes I can surely see why they'll aid with focus

For some reason I got a flashback to my youth and it reminded me of this:

I loved starting that game up

a reply to: jokei

All new to me and I love them

Especially that last one, great choices and thanks for posting them

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

I've only ever performed on stage 2-3 times as a youth, I've felt an aphrodisiac effect once, I wasn't a good singer at the time and it wasn't so much of a connection but I did have a good few months after

That being said, I love to sing and I've been to a few intimate gigs like you describe, I've been in that zone a few times on my lonesome if that makes sense?

But yes, there's something special about when a performer is at their best in the right environment with the right crowd.

Performances that stick with you, nights you wished never ended.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

"I've been in that zone a few times on my lonesome if that makes sense? "

Lonesome is the source, right? Alice in Chains 'Nutshell'.

It's funny on how we portay ourselves in movies, how it seems we think Aliens and ET's think of us... set as a slightly arrogant, dumb, warlike creatures.. but, I think Guardians of the Galaxy had a better angle on us hummies... We will eat anything, stoop most things, and are incredible at music.

edit on 7-9-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

If lonesome is the source then I've been back to my roots a few times... Thanks for posting that.

I agree with you, our arrogant, warlike nature is just a front, or should I say a facet? Of a multitude of faces the human species wears.

Who wants to be a hardcase 24/7, one day the guard will slip or you'll die of a heart attack.

No one makes it out alive, might as well have some fun eh?

That goes for eating crap, doing regrettable things and enjoying music... I guess I should follow my own advice too lol. I've got eternity to sing lonesomely.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join