It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Blue Eyes and Blonde Hair common among Ancient Greek aristocrats?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well to some extent ancient sources said the "Celts" (whatever that means, as different historians use it in different ways) were light haired. Due to the use of lime to spike it up. In reality you would have had a bunch of bald tattooed and painted folks if they lived long enough

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Most Anglo Saxons are born with blue eyes and blonde hair. Then it changes or stays the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

"Were Blue Eyes and Blonde Hair common among Ancient Greek aristocrats"

It all depends upon which human females the fallen watchers intermingled with.

God created Adam and Eve from the earth at their feet. Brown hair, brown eyes, brown hair.

Fallen watchers: blue eyes, blond hair, pale skin, low crown foreheads.
Fallen seraphs: black hair, green/hazel eyes, high crown foreheads.

Everyone is now a mixture of angel DNA / human DNA.

Remember, Atlantas perished during Greek Mythology and the Atlantians are the Pleiadians or fallen watchers.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

"Were Blue Eyes and Blonde Hair common among Ancient Greek aristocrats"

It all depends upon which human females the fallen watchers intermingled with.

God created Adam and Eve from the earth at their feet. Brown hair, brown eyes, brown hair.

Fallen watchers: blue eyes, blond hair, pale skin, low crown foreheads.
Fallen seraphs: black hair, green/hazel eyes, high crown foreheads.

Everyone is now a mixture of angel DNA / human DNA.

Remember, Atlantas perished during Greek Mythology and the Atlantians are the Pleiadians or fallen watchers.

True , although it's hard talk about this information in public without being called a Nazi or a white supremacist ,That's why In all my threads I always recite ancient text and let people make up their own conclusions.

edit on 6-9-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well, as a blonde, I like the idea! How about green eyes, though?

Not uncommon - many Central and South American tribes had stories of blonde-haired "gods" coming and teaching them things. Gotta wonder!!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh joy, the Racial History Research Website. No wonder you deliberately didn't link where you stole that from.

edit on 6-9-2017 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian
True , although it's hard talk about this information in public without being called a Nazi or a white supremacist

Or a fantasist. If you base your understanding of biology from Adam and Eve, then you are running against a small thing called science.

Blue eyes was the result of a genetic mutation.

Science daily

New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. Scientists have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6,000-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye color of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

6,000 years ago. Aha!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

OK I checked out your previous thread on ancient alien, tall whites twist to it, mainly white ppl at least blond ones inherited those traits from aliens and the phenomenon spread world wide to include Meso Americans..but Houston we have a problem..
"Black Gods".
Kali. India.
Ek Chuha. Mexico.
Enkai of East AFRICA.
Green Gods
Osiris
Some northern gods.
Red gods.
Off course these features are symbolic, although sometimes morphed on to humans, depending on the culture, white skin and blond hair such as Noah's can be explained in terms of Albinoism among relatively dark skinned folks , sometimes referred to as children of the moon,they could be elevated or rejected depending on the culture.
As to green being used for humans, it's my understanding that to this day in parts of the so called Middle East, it is still in use for certain types of black or dark skinned Arabs, as it was in Al Jahiz era, during the high middle ages.
edit on 7-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

OK I checked out your previous thread on ancient alien, tall whites twist to it, mainly white ppl at least blond ones inherited those traits from aliens and the phenomenon spread world wide to include Meso Americans..but Houston we have a problem..
"Black Gods".
Kali. India.
Ek Chuha. Mexico.
Enkai of East AFRICA.
Green Gods
Osiris
Some northern gods.
Red gods.
Off course these features are symbolic, although sometimes morphed on to humans, depending on the culture,

Fair enough , But you have to see the bigger picture everything is connected , India was invaded by Indo-Europeans from Anatolia like the Hittites and Hurrians who also worshiped the same gods as the Sumerians (deities were related just different names)

The sumerian pantheon also influenced the ancient Canaanites (Phoenicians) who in turn influenced the Ancient greeks and their alphabet. The Canaanites may have also have conquered Egypt before the pyramids were even built.

The Egyptian King Kufu (the guy who built the pyramid of Giza) had a blonde daughter (Hetepheres II)

According to the Palermo stone Kufu's father king Snerfu had to invade & enslave Africans for labor force in order to build the first Pyramids:

Wikipedia

To enable Sneferu to undertake such massive building projects, he would have had to secure an extensive store of labour and materials. According to Guillemette Andreu, this is where the king’s foreign policy played a large part. Sneferu’s conquests into Libya and Nubia served two purposes: the first goal was to establish an extensive labour force, and the second goal was to gain access to the raw materials and special products that were available in these countries.[29] This is alluded to in the Palermo stone:

"[Reign of] Sneferu. Year ...

The building of Tuataua ships of mer wood

of a hundred capacity, and 60 royal boats of sixteen capacity.

Raid in the Land of the Blacks, and the bringing in of seven thousand prisoners,

men and women, and twenty thousand cattle, sheep, and goats...

The bringing of forty ships of cedar wood (or perhaps "laden with cedar wood")..."

- Wikipedia

So the guy who made a racially motivated expedition to enslave Africans for labor force to build the Pyramids just happened to had a blonde grand-daughter.......

white skin and blond hair such as Noah's can be explained in terms of Albinoism

I'm sorry I don't buy that , you realize I dumb that sounds.
edit on 7-9-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian

"Black Gods".
Kali. India.
Ek Chuha. Mexico.
Enkai of East AFRICA.
Green Gods
Osiris
Some northern gods.
Red gods.
Off course these features are symbolic, although sometimes morphed on to humans, depending on the culture,

Fair enough , But you have to see the bigger picture everything is connected , India was invaded by Indo-Europeans from Anatolia like the Hittites and Hurrians who also worshiped the same gods as the Sumerians (deities were related just different names)

The sumerian pantheon also influenced the ancient Canaanites (Phoenicians) who in turn influenced the Ancient greeks and their alphabet. The Canaanites may have also have conquered Egypt before the pyramids were even built.

The Egyptian King Kufu (the guy who built the pyramid of Giza) had a blonde daughter (Hetepheres II)

According to the Palermo stone Kufu's father king Snerfu had to invade & enslave Africans for labor force in order to build the first Pyramids:

Wikipedia

To enable Sneferu to undertake such massive building projects, he would have had to secure an extensive store of labour and materials. According to Guillemette Andreu, this is where the king’s foreign policy played a large part. Sneferu’s conquests into Libya and Nubia served two purposes: the first goal was to establish an extensive labour force, and the second goal was to gain access to the raw materials and special products that were available in these countries.[29] This is alluded to in the Palermo stone:

Raid in the Land of the Blacks, and the bringing in of seven thousand prisoners,

The bringing of forty ships of cedar wood (or perhaps "laden with cedar wood")..."

- Wikipedia

So the guy who made a racially motivated expedition to enslave Africans for labor force to build the Pyramids just happened to had a blonde grand-daughter.......

I'm sorry I don't buy that , you realize I dumb that sounds.

OK that wiki piece about invading the land of the blacks is nonsense, they invaded the lands of the Nahasi, a different ethnic group,, not a " racial' one, think Vikings vs Anglo Saxons, Nubia/Nubian do not mean Black it meant place of Gold or Golden ones, the term Nubia used to designate the area between lower Sudan and upper Egypt came about after or during the Roman era.
The lady in question may not be any sort of blonde,many east Africans to this date use henna to dye their hair.
Slaves built the pyramids ?? how often must that repeated lie be debunked, slaves , neither Nahasu, Amarru,or lost Europeans built the pyramids, it was the locals and they were not slaves, but off season farmers done as part of their civic duties, free labour they could and did strike when pissed off.
My point about Albinoism among relatively dark population and how they viewed it negative or positive, one only have to look at their situation in places like east Africa today.
Noah looked out of place because he was born with white skin and hair to brown parents.. Albinoism is the simplest explanation, the more exotic one a White Alien was his daddy.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You probably shouldn't use that site as reference... might want to search on scholar.google.com, instead.

The sumerian pantheon also influenced the ancient Canaanites (Phoenicians) who in turn influenced the Ancient greeks and their alphabet.

Not... heavily, though religions in the area borrowed from each other. The deities and practices varied considerably and they tended to take a god they liked and kit-bash them into the pantheon.

The Canaanites may have also have conquered Egypt before the pyramids were even built.

Your sources really fail you here... Canaanites are far younger than the Egyptians and certainly didn't time travel. In addition, there's no similarities in the religions.

You need to look at the original source for the correct color. The piece you have there is NOT the original. Here's the original - she's wearing a cap-crown. Other images of her (sphinx) show her with longer hair. There is no indication that she's blonde (in fact, that's very unlikely.) Her children are all dark haired as well.

Images are not particularly reliable. This one is supposed to be Hetepheres II but the name over her head (showing she is the daughter of a king) is NOT Hetepheres - or at least not a 5th Dynasty woman named Hetepheres.

[quoteAccording to the Palermo stone Kufu's father king Snerfu had to invade & enslave Africans for labor force in order to build the first Pyramids:
Your sources don't seem to be familiar with the interaction between Nubia and Egypt. The borders between Nubia and Egypt were fluid; Nubia was often a part of the Egyptian empire (but would revolt and leave when there was a weak king on the throne.)

In fact, the genes for albinism and those for pale skin are different.

Looking over your posts, I notice that your source material tends to mix timelines together and to not investigate deeply. The "legends of white men" are often ones that appear AFTER Christian missionaries show up and convert people to Christianity. This is true with the Aztecs.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Also, the pharaohs were not "racially motivated" to go enslave the Nubians. As Spider says, "Nub" means gold, and "nubia" was the land of gold. They went down there for the lovely granite (red and black) and for the gold and other metals.

They did not distinguish races. They lumped everyone who wasn't Egyptian under terms like "Wretched Asiatics" (the term, 'asiatic' is actually a translation from the 1800's and is not really what they called them.)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Possibly hair dying was in vogue. It would be quite simple to do. Also, today around 25% of Greeks have blue or green eyes, so who i to say it was more common back in the far distant past.

Nero and Caligula both dyed their hair, if memory serves.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"I love Gold!!!"...

This is kind of off topic an noticable but Gold in alot of different religions, and I think the beleif that metals possessed some kind status is very common, even amongst currency. Gold usually being the highest standard were it is compartive to a beleif of it being higher world's or even status of sorts. The Trinity in Greece have weapons that are depicted as gold, maybe to reflect that status. Hades had a golden helmet, Poseidon had a golden trident and Zeus had the golden thunder bolt.

Funny thing is Zeus might as well be a Silver Back Gorilla given his status.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wikipedia

- Wikipedia

OK that wiki piece about invading the land of the blacks is nonsense, they invaded the lands of the Nahasi, a different ethnic group,,

Nope , the Inscriptions on the Palermo stone is 100% accurate , I double checked and it's real.

You can download the PDF to read the Palermo Stone for yourself. It's talks about the 1st-4th dynasties of Egypt in chronological order, very interesting.

edit on 8-9-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The invasion was real the so called "Racial " aspect was not, Nilo Saharans and Afrisans are different ethnic and linguistic groups, not races, and they were not used to build Pyramids, more than likely the males would be turned into soldiers,or build non religious projects the females into domestic servants.
The Egyptians were not Romans, their outlook was similar to all other Africans, eg In Medieval Mali they had slaves, but they didn't used them to build and maintained Mosques as it was The civic and religious duty for the core population.
Another thing , Egypt did not start in the 1st dynasty although the state did, they themselves were a break away faction from an earlier state called Ta-Seti in what is now referred to as Nubia, the city of the Hawk is where they began to split, using Ta Seti's royal gear such as the white crown , the crook and frail the falcon the was scepter etc.
The relationship remained complex throughout Nile valley history as different factions competed for dominance, think Games Of Thrones

edit on 8-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

niv

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
When modern Greeks call someone blond, it inevitably means they have medium brown hair. Possibly this is a cultural linguistic artifact from ancient times. Also, being of entirely Greek descent and having blue eyes, I'd like to claim direct descent from Apollo but I think it has more to do with the small "slavic" portion of my DNA when I had it tested.
edit on 10/6/2017 by niv because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My first thought was that maybe the Greeks decided on blonde hair and blue eyes for the gods because of their rarity in Greece. They would have seen the odd one from the frozen North possibly but I would doubt whether there were very many Native to Greece

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Look for the Achaeans and Danaans as the descendants of the deity Belos: Y-DNA T1a- genetic variant men as your blonds and as the same genetic element as the Gutians.www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join