It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Univ of Alaska findings on WTC 7

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Salander

now state a theory on what brought down WTC 7.

Don't know yet, but it was definitely so posed to come down on Sep 11th.

Mayor Giuliani's Office of Emergency Management, and its emergency command center on the 23rd floor. This floor received 15 million dollars worth of renovations, including independent and secure air and water supplies, and bullet and bomb resistant windows designed to withstand 200 MPH winds.

How curious that on the day of the attack, Giuliani and his entourage set up shop in a different headquarters, abandoning the special bunker designed precisely for such an event.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
How curious that on the day of the attack, Giuliani and his entourage set up shop in a different headquarters, abandoning the special bunker designed precisely for such an event.

Yes, utterly inexplicable, considering the fact that WTC7 was hugely and very visibly damaged by the nearby collapse of WTC1 & 2, everyone had been evacuated from it, and fire officers knew it was a matter of when it collapsed, not if.

I wonder what Giuliani was thinking when he decided to set up command somewhere else? How very suspicious.

edit on 7-9-2017 by audubon because: typo, as usual

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

The truth must come out...

However, for the 9/11 conspiracies of no jet's and CD to be true, then it is not the government that is lying.

It's the hundred plus civilian eyewitnesses that attest to a large commercial jet hitting the pentagon. The civilian coroner's that over saw the human remains and released them to families. Civilian demolitions experts and civilian engineers that cleaned up ground zero. New York fire fighters that helped with cleanup. New York cops that collected evidence. Laborers and equipment operators. Local cops the worked the WTC lay down yards. NIST would have to actively cover up CD. The transportation board. The persons that analyzes steel and conducted metallurgical analysis. Air traffic controllers. Airport staff. Maintenance crews that inspected jets. The 1000 plus persons working recovery at shanksville......

Get the idea.

Yes I get The idea. You subscribe to nonsense conspiracy theories. Why even give them any attention?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Yes, utterly inexplicable, considering the fact that WTC7 was hugely and very visibly damaged by the nearby collapse of WTC1 & 2, everyone had been evacuated from it, and fire officers knew it was a matter of when it collapsed, not if.

I wonder what Giuliani was thinking when he decided to set up command somewhere else? How very suspicious.

The WTC 7 OEM was evacuated between 9:03am and 9:30am, before any collapse of 1 or 2.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Can you link to what account your are referencing?

Only conspiracists see conspiracy in a practical and cautious move.

By 9:05, both jets hit the towers.

The OEM evacuation in context

Complete 911 Timeline
World Trade Center

www.historycommons.org.../11=complete_911_timeline_world_trade_center

New York City’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is responsible for coordinating the city’s response to major incidents, including terrorist attacks. [9/11 COMMISSION, 7/24/2004, PP. 283-284]

Its offices are in Building 7 of the World Trade Center. Today is reportedly “going to be a busy day at the OEM,” as staff members have come to work early to prepare for Tripod, a major biological-terrorism training exercise scheduled for September 12 (see September 12, 2001). Their building shakes when the North Tower is hit at 8:46 a.m. OEM Commissioner John Odermatt initially believes a freak accident has occurred involving a ground-to-air missile, but soon after, OEM is informed that a plane hit the North Tower. Immediately, OEM staff members begin to activate their emergency command center, located on the 23rd floor of WTC 7 (see June 8, 1999). [JENKINS AND EDWARDS-WINSLOW, 9/2003, PP. 15] They call agencies such as the New York fire and police departments, and the Department of Health, and direct them to send their designated representatives to the OEM. They also call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and request at least five federal Urban Search and Rescue Teams. [9/11 COMMISSION, 7/24/2004, PP. 293] According to the 9/11 Commission, OEM’s command center will be evacuated at 9:30 a.m. due to reports of further unaccounted for planes (see (9:30 a.m.) September 11, 2001). By that time, none of the outside agency liaisons will have arrived. [9/11 COMMISSION, 7/24/2004, PP. 305] Other accounts indicate the command center may be evacuated earlier, possibly even before the second tower is hit (see (Soon After 8:46 a.m.-9:35 a.m.) September 11, 2001 and (Shortly Before 9:03 a.m.) September 11, 2001).
Entity Tags: Office of Emergency Management, Tripod, John Odermatt
Timeline Tags: 9/11 Timeline
Category Tags: All Day of 9/11 Events, World Trade Center, Training Exercises

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Damage to WTC 7 did not occur until WTC 1 collapsed.

WTC 7 OEM was evacuated before the collapse.

Why evacuate the OEM bunker before any towers collapsed?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Did you just not read the post?

www.historycommons.org...

but soon after, OEM is informed that a plane hit the North Tower. Immediately, OEM staff members begin to activate their emergency command center, located on the 23rd floor of WTC 7

Maybe because the WTC has a history of being a terrorist target, and maybe individuals were worried being at a target would make the command center ineffective? Maybe the first impact messed with power? Maybe it was believed the chaos centering around the hit towers would make communications ineffective. The success of a command relies on lines of communications.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

According to the 9/11 Commission, OEM’s command center will be evacuated at 9:30 a.m. due to reports of further unaccounted for planes (see (9:30 a.m.) September 11, 2001). By that time, none of the outside agency liaisons will have arrived.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Considering that WTC 7

Was right in middle of disaster scene ( it was 300 feet from WTC 1, North Tower)

Building had already been evacuated by 9:30 because of this

Had a 20 story gash gouged out of south side from collapse of WTC 1. Elevators had been ejected from their shafts
by impact and stairways damaged

Fires were breaking out on multiple floors and the water mains had been cut by the collapse of the towers

The FDNY commanders on scene ordered all his men out of the building

And you are wondering why Giuliani chose to setup somewhere else ...??

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Did you just not read the post?

but soon after, OEM is informed that a plane hit the North Tower. Immediately, OEM staff members begin to activate their emergency command center, located on the 23rd floor of WTC 7

Maybe because the WTC has a history of being a terrorist target, and maybe individuals were worried being at a target would make the command center ineffective? Maybe the first impact messed with power? Maybe it was believed the chaos centering around the hit towers would make communications ineffective. The success of a command relies on lines of communications.

OEM, complete with its own air, water and power supply.

OEM was intended to provide a secure command post for leadership should such a disaster occur.

OEM was designed to develop strategies and resources to deal with any catastrophic event that might threaten the welfare of the city and its people. Possible threats included natural disasters and terrorist attacks.

Why put the command center in one of the most likely places where people are going to come back and hit us again??

Why put it on the 23rd floor of the WTC 7?

Fires occurred on a floor that was presumably secured and accessible only by OEM personnel, and floor 7 housed not only OEM generators but a "day" tank, presumably of diesel fuel... hmmmm.

It was meant to fail.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The WTC 7 OEM was evacuated between 9:03am and 9:30am, before any collapse of 1 or 2.

Is this somehow support for your belief that Giuliani not being in the building was suspicious? Because it looks like the exact opposite to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Surviveability is just a small part. A command post is mostly about lines of communication. If they are sitting pretty and dumb, as in isolated with not having the ability to get information in or out, then a command center is useless.

So moving away from the WTC, which has a history of being attacked, away from threats that could cut lines of communications, and the disruptive chaos of jet impacts was probably a safe bet.

If the location of the command center was pretty much public, factoring in the history of the WTC being attacked, even if it had only been one tower, and there still being missing aircraft, it would be a logical conclusion the command center was also a target.

Sorry, putting things in context, being able to actually cite sources, and a little logic takes most of the credibility out of 9/11 conspiracy theories. I guess just thinking for yourself and having the ability of discernment does too.

edit on 7-9-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed and expanded

edit on 7-9-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

The OEM bunker in the WTC 7 was the brain of the entire 9/11 operation, the nerve center.

It needed to come down, it was meant to fail and destroy all evidence.

This message will self destruct in.......

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

See above.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The OEM bunker in the WTC 7 was the brain of the entire 9/11 operation, the nerve center.

It needed to come down, it was meant to fail and destroy all evidence.

Just another wild claim without a shred of proof to back it up.

I have a unicorn in my basement too.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What does survivability have to do with having lines of communications being cut, or made ineffective by the devastation and chaos at the towers.

The suicide terrorists were crashing jets into towers. Would the command center survived that kind of attack. And if the people in the command center did survive a suicide attack, the chaos would have made the command center ineffective.

There was good reason to think the WTC was the battle ground being attacked by large jets impacts.

If you liken the command post to forward artillery observers, you want the observers close. But not in the middle of the bombardment where they are made ineffective by having to hide from shrapnel, not able to radio out due to the overwhelming sounds of explosions, and disoriented by the chaos.

I like how you take command center common sense 101, and try to put it out of context to spin a false narrative.

The only thing you have is harden bunker and you say so. And you will not even acknowledge the primary reason the command center was move was out of fear of being rendered ineffective? Staying at the WTC, by all indications seemed the focus of suicide terrorists, would have forced the command center to batten down the hatches and become isolated.

You have innuendo, while multiple people have cited sources and presented logical and fact based rebuttals?
edit on 7-9-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: MALBOSIA

What would be the purpose of exposing the OS as a lie at this point? Seems like an odd question to be, but one answer is very obvious and very simple: pursuit of the truth for one's own peace of mind. And that can be extended from the individual to the social level too.

But for the curious man with an open mind, the OS was exposed as a lie many years ago. The honest debate was over many years ago, when about 80% of respondents to a poll regarding the accuracy of the 911 Commission Report thought it was dishonest, set up to fail as its heads said in public, and following in the pattern of the public disbelief of the Warren Commission all those years later.

Who really believes the government anymore? No element of the official story can be proved, from airliners to destruction at WTC horribly inconsistent with the NIST report.

That's fine. I get that. But what I wonder is if you are better off with truth being the OS?

Would you be better off after the legitimacy of the US government was destroyed when the truth became official? Or were you better off with the OS as it is and the US was able to secure it's global interests that all Americans and their allies benefit from?

As you said, we all know the OS is not the truth but what benefit would there be in making that official? I don't see any good coming from that.

Thank you, I understand your point now.

I think for many of us, truth does set you free. Whether unpleasant, inconvenient or whatever, it sets the individual free.

The legitimacy of the US government is maybe like beauty--in the eye of the beholder. Does the huge amount of debt it carries make it financially or fiscally legitimate? Is there such thing as a house of cards?

Unfortunately, my take for more than 10 years has been that the US government was hijacked many years ago. Exactly by whom, I am not positive, but it does seem to be the case. I became aware of that when listening to a US Senator from Missouri, cannot remember his name right now, as he was speaking to a fairly small group as he was trying to organize a run for the White House. About 2004 I guess.

I think that IF the government did admit the truth, it may have a positive effect. The Russians already know it was an inside job, and so do others. Life goes on.

I won't be surprised to see the federal government implode, but that's just me.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
Unfortunately, my take for more than 10 years has been that the US government was hijacked many years ago.

Are you sure it isn't a hologram?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBig2430

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: MrBig2430

ETA: I've been here a while and used to try and partake in 9/11 threads because I was interested and felt that something was wrong with the OS"?

So do I.

The thing is, I don't see it as an inside job.

I see the Commission Report as a whitewash of intelligence failures.

I see the NIST report as a whitewash of structural and/or fire proofing inadequecies.

Both for political reasons.

So, you DO believe 19 terrorists with box-cutters (Stanley knives for Brits) managed to hijack 4 planes and crash 2 of them into a structurally unsound building and nothing except fire-proofing regulations were violated? If I have misinterpreted, please do correct me.

ETA: The OS in 5 minutes.

edit on 8/9/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBig2430

originally posted by: cyberjedi
It baffles me as to how many studies are needed to conclude what is so blatantly the case with tower 7, controlled demolition.

Because that conclusion is wrong

And the simpletons that believe that 9/11 was pulled off by the goobermint need another thing to rally their delusions around

Out of interest how do you think the WTC7 tower collapsed? It didn't sustain much damage. Grenfell Tower burned for a whole night with little water to put it out and it didn't collapse. It was reported live that building 7 had collapsed before it had. I saw this live report myself. I then saw how NOTHING was reported on it for days, weeks even after this. Wild theories aside I'm just curious as to how naysayers can explain these strange facts.
edit on 8/9/2017 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join