It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irreducible complexity and Evolution

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

No arrogance, yet your post was removed. Indicative, no? Knowledge without data is almost the definition of arrogance, which your post was dripping with.

Again, how do you know your opinions, based on nothing more than internet posts, is accurate? Or have you done some internet sleuthing and stalked this person? (Very creepy if you have)! Otherwise you are just making stuff up... like creationists with creation.

Also very petty to get joy from some perceived "upper-hand" in an internet discussion.

I wonder how your future self (assuming you get wiser) would view your behavior on this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
oh nifty... looks like that was directed at me...

tragically removed before i could read it

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

When and where did I ever say my ancestors were apes? Please quote me if you can. But you can't. Because I never said that. You've convinced yourself that evolutionary biology is about apes becoming human. Evolution doesn't say that. It says we have a common ancestor. And that's obvious just from DNA analysis.
You're making it up as you go along to avoid the hard science.
If your god-creature wanted humans to be unique among the organisms on this planet, then it should have designed a human in such a way that there would be absolutely no question about a human's uniqueness. But humans are not unique. The human genetic profile is unquestionably similar to most organisms, particularly the great apes. You can't explain that away with supernatural forces. It is what it is.

You never answered my hypothetical question about a molecular biologist doing research on another planet. That's because the only answer would be that the organisms on that planet had a commonality. They had 90%+ of their DNA in common. You can deny it all you want but the evidence stands on its own two feet.

You have never posted a citation. You have never posted any experimental data that supports your position. Evolution has hundreds of research articles which include hard data which demonstrate that biological evolution is a fact of life on this planet. Your god-creature has no evidence for its position. That makes it a false god who is lying to you.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Everyone is absolutely unique a one of a kind without question... Take your fingerprints iris and dna strand...
These are totally unique unshared by any it would not matter if it was your identical twin or even if you were cloned a trillion times...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

When and where did I ever say my ancestors were apes? Please quote me if you can.

The theory of evolution says at one point you shared a common ancestor with an ape-like creature.

But you can't. Because I never said that. You've convinced yourself that evolutionary biology is about apes becoming human. Evolution doesn't say that. It says we have a common ancestor. And that's obvious just from DNA analysis.

DNA analysis shows humans and phenotypically similar organisms have similar DNA. If created, phenotypically similar organisms would have similar genetic code. If created through mutated genetic code that came from nothing, they would also intuitively have similar genetic code. There is no surprise there. It doesn't prove anything except what would be expected

If your god-creature

Ugh it's like you're theologically illiterate, God is the Creator, the creatures are the result.

then it should have designed a human in such a way that there would be absolutely no question about a human's uniqueness. But humans are not unique.

Did you get a defective model? I am an upright encephalized being with complex emotions and an ability to create art, literature, architecture, love, and so forth. When was the last goat you saw that wrote a Shakespearean epic? When was the last beaver that made a skyscraper? You're now arguing that humans are nothing special just to promote your diminutive theory regarding the meaning of humanity.

You have never posted a citation. You have never posted any experimental data that supports your position. Evolution has hundreds of research articles which include hard data which demonstrate that biological evolution is a fact of life on this planet.

Ok ok, go ahead. Believe you share a common descent with a mutated ape that came from a mutant amphibian that is related to a banana, as noinden so proudly proclaimed. Just realize it is a dead end. You may as well march back into the sea and meet your theoretical ancestors, because there is no point to life if you are right. Toxic Toxic

This thread has taught me that insects love the darkness, and when the brick is removed and the light revealed to them they go and scurry to find more darkness, and discuss the comfort of the dark with their fellow insects. I do not mean to call you an insect, that is just what insects do and it fits your current behavior. I truly think you are something unbelievably special and you are ignoring your birthright for a fallacious material-reductionist theory that leads to nothing.
edit on 6-12-2017 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Take your fingerprints iris and dna strand...
These are totally unique unshared by any it would not matter if it was your identical twin or even if you were cloned a trillion times...

Yeah that's amazing. Even identical twins have a different identity code on the tip of their fingers.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You betcha
For a chemist not to realize that all life forms share similar Earth composition is even more amazing though...
Imagine that...We all have to be able to live here...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
out of edit time

Jewish views on evolution - Wikipedia (between brackets is mine):

When scientists [philosophers] first developed [repopularized] the theory [philosophy] of evolution [in the 19th century], this idea was seized upon by Rabbis such as Naftali Zvi Yehuda Berlin, known as the Netziv, who saw Kabbalah [demonic teachings] as a way to resolve the differences between traditional readings of the Bible and modern day scientific findings [demonic teachings and contradictory philosophies that caused a way of thinking about human life that gave rise to eugenics, social Darwinism, the nazis and the holocaust]. He proposed that the ancient fossils of dinosaurs were the remains of beings that perished in the previous "worlds" described in midrash[18] and in some Kabbalistic texts. This was the view held by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan (1934–1983) [someone who had no issue with the ritual at the start of this comment; just like Gerald Schroeder, the one with his fancy storyline regarding the age of the universe that some people on this forum are so fond of cause it tickles their ears, plays on their pride and nurtures their intellectual superiority complex, or in other words, makes them feel clever for listening to him and repeating his arguments or taking them seriously...].

As is done in this thread on ATS:
Six days or 14 billion years? How about both

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Everyone is absolutely unique a one of a kind without question... Take your fingerprints iris and dna strand...

Your clone would be identical toyou in every way except it wouldnt have fingerprints. Those are caused by friction ridges forming in the uterus. Its not genetic at all these friction ribs are caused by the fetus damaging skin cells rubbing them against the uterus.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The mitochondrial DNA would be different also...
You are wrong...
Another way they would be different is the way they would think and act...
I just may be wrong on this part...
Probably not though because I think I'm right...
But if you had an identical twin it would actually be more similar to you than a clone would be to you...
edit on 6-12-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Classic man...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

The mitochondrial DNA would be different also...
You are wrong...
Another way they would be different is the way they would think and act...
But if you had an identical twin it would actually be more similar to you than a clone would be to you...

Again identical in everyway even mitochondrial dna. The only differences would be related to interactions with others. For example a clone would not have met your parents. This means the possibility that he became a physicist instead of a religious zealot.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Classic man...

Hes a master at circular logic he does it a lot.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Wrong...
Another way they would be different is they would have no oocytes of yours assuming you are a man...
The mtdna would be provided by the egg donor and the nucleus would be supplied by one of your cells...
You wouldn't be identical at all...
Every clone would be unique...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

What is your notion of what a clone is?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

An attempt to replicate you...
It does the best it can but can never be identical...
Every one would be unique...

edit on 7-12-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Ok.

That is not what a clone is.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

How exactly would mtDNA differ? It is inheritable genetic material.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

That is not how cloning works. Not even close..... *facepalm*

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98 >>

join