It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irreducible complexity and Evolution

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

God could only be seen as the grand master of Science... For to be the creator of all things he would have to have full knowledge of all science...
Therefore science is nothing more than trying to comprehend just what he's done...
And who's to say what's hidden from the 99% of all things invisible to our naked eye....

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

You of course can back this up right? Perchance their are many gods, some of which have preview over science or perhaps there are none.

Because when one talks science, one can follow the data

I say this as a religious individual.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You're most welcome. Glad you've seen the light!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I whole-heartedly agree with you on one thing. There is an intelligence. It is both encrusted within the pattern, and the breakage of the patterns making up our perceptions and the world around us as we "see" it, our so called reality. Indeed, there are layers upon layers upon layers that are being peeled off the more awareness is reached. By awareness, I mean - do you think the bacteria is capable of realizing . "He" is not a "he", and you is not a you, in my eyes. It is a major hallucinatory agreement of division, separation, etc.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Coop, what are we doing? Are we going ahead with this project? I need the documentation. I spoke to the labs - there are time constraints - they have to allocate the time and put it on their schedule. But they need the documentation to setup the protocol. Please let me know. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0

I whole-heartedly agree with you on one thing. There is an intelligence. It is both encrusted within the pattern, and the breakage of the patterns making up our perceptions and the world around us as we "see" it, our so called reality. Indeed, there are layers upon layers upon layers that are being peeled off the more awareness is reached. By awareness, I mean - do you think the bacteria is capable of realizing . "He" is not a "he", and you is not a you, in my eyes. It is a major hallucinatory agreement of division, separation, etc.

I'm blaming weed put down the joint and get out of mom's basement you need a break.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Just as a note, you mentioned an "AMS technician". I hope you're not putting some poor soul in jeopardy of losing his/her job by misrepresenting your "mission". A technician who removes or gives out lab data without the permission of the chief, is at serious risk of losing their job. Just a thought.

Perhaps science needs some martyrs these days to wake the people up. Dr Miller who you mock and ridicule without due process, is one of them... You realize these people risk their careers when they go against the long-held dogmas?

Coop, what are we doing? Are we going ahead with this project? I need the documentation. I spoke to the labs - there are time constraints - they have to allocate the time and put it on their schedule. But they need the documentation to setup the protocol. Please let me know. Thanks.

I cannot get my hands on the original dinosaur samples they tested, but I have my own dinosaur bones authenticated by an archaeologist. I assume this will not suffice, so if you want to find bones that will work for the test I can pay for them if you pay for the AMS testing. If you're serious I think this could actually be an ATS blockbuster
edit on 31-10-2017 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well it's the provenance that's the problem. I'll get back to you - I have a project I'm working on today - so we'll chat tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not attacking evolution I was just offering up the truth of the matter..

LOL! Christians believe a fake fantasy pipe dream and priests rape children. Christianity is fake and only gullible people believe it. The god of the bible is a tyrant and the creation story is laughable fake. Resurrection is impossible.

What? I'm not attacking Christianity, I'm just offering up the truth of the matter. LMAO. Your gish gallop is pure 100% BS. Not even worth reading, those arguments have been debunked on here so many times it's not even funny. Try doing actual research instead of spewing old fallacious rhetoric.
edit on 10 31 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well it's the provenance that's the problem. I'll get back to you - I have a project I'm working on today - so we'll chat tomorrow.

I for one, am extremely interested. If Coop actually follows up on this and gets the samples properly tested, I will be impressed. Hopefully it's not just banter.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Id suggest getting your head out of you know where as your comment shows much more about you than me. As I said I am theorizing mostly, if you have a problem with that, either get off the Internet for awhile or look for a can opener, cus yours sure does need one. Or embrace ignorance.

By the way, you know when science effed up? In Ancient Greek times - when they split matter into living and dead such. And religion has been effed up from the get go. So humor me more with mere human concepts of know it all egocentrism.

P.s. What if I was 30 something, am one of few around me living my dream and doing what I love and my mom had passed away? Luckily, first two are fact, last one not. But still... What does that make of your comment... This alpha-beta copy-paste of behavioral models that goes back further than primates is what is wrong with humanity and you kind sir, with this approach, are on the wrong side of the fence, no matter if you are a die hard religious nut or a full on materialistic person and my comment has hurt your feelings. ETA the fact that I prefer science, as you do, does not change the fact that your knee jerk reaction was uncalled for.

P.s.p.s. I suspect you think because the word "awareness" is in there, I am some new age kiddy... look up the definition of the word and come back at me with something more than a mere duh, dont do drugs kids
edit on 31-10-2017 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2017 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

Ok just assumed no one talks like that unless stoned out of their mind. Because we dont realize when we are stoned are brain doesnt function.My mistake carry on you normally talk like that my bad.
edit on 10/31/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I know that I know nothing, but others don't even know that.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It is called out of the box thinking. It does not necessarily involve substances or mothers' basements. It's the trend that gets me of such replies, not yours in particular. A good reason for my lack of posting in years but I see it has gotten worse. And I do get you - you've been here since 2008, so you must be fed up with looney tunes... I know I started posting like you just before stopping the interactions some time ago, so I don't judge.

Peace
*locks the basement door and lights up the bong*

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

We all know you are the one who dreams of pipe pal...
Any priest that rapes a child is no priest in my eyes that child's eyes and surely not in God's eyes... I bet a lot of evolutionists are pedophiles most likely 100 times more even...
Christianity isn't fake because retards believe they came from the primordial soup and are related to fish monkeys and the like...
Even though irrreducable complexity says it's impossible...
Talk about a pipe dream...
Time to wake up...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Look at all those ad hominem moments.

You miss the point however. "irreducable complexity" has been shown to not be an answer you Creationists are looking for. Because if it were so, then your creator would need a creator (which would need a creator), since well "irreducable cromplexity" applies to your deity too

Lastly.

There is no such thing as an evolutionist. Not in the sense you are implying. It is a theory in science. One can not pick and choose those. The data shows that it is the best answer.

Show me the data for your god.

As a polytheist, I don't assume I have the only answer. Yet you do.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Then there is no such thing as a creationist...
The Creator of the universe would have to be excluded from it's laws and boundaries to be able to create it...So no it is you who can not fathom God being greater than yourself... How simple minded you are... You will never find him until you can humble yourself...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think you are being just a little facetious

Belief is what a Religious person bases their ideas on. THUS you don't need to prove anything (you can't, just like I can't prove my Polytheistic faith).

Science however is based upon data. Data can be objectively reviewed, and discussed. Sorry to tell you this, but there is plenty of evidence regarding evolution, and none to your creator.

Your creator is a creature of belief. Just as are my many Gods. SO yea you are wrong, I can fathom your little desert deity thanks. I just have many. None impact my science.

Now cut out with the proselytizing, because you'd hate me doing that to you based on my own faith

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

First off I don't take orders from you...
You are not qualified...
And I beg to differ about evidence because my God is the creator of all things so the evidence is everywhere...
He gets the credit because God by definition is exactly that...The creator of the universe...
Your gods didn't make it into the dictionary under that definition...
You can believe in whatever you want but the belief in your gods is just as ill founded as your belief and FAITH in evolution...
I'm not trying to sell religion either I wouldn't waste my time...
None the less I give him the credit which is deserved and Science will slowly catch up to faith and reveal the truth of him it's already leaning heavily that way...
And by all means tell me all about your gods so I can poke holes in your faith...
edit on 31-10-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh it was not an order, it was a warning. I don't tolerate proselytizing.

I'm afraid you are a little ignorant about Gods it seems. Your God and my Many Gods are still supernatural beings, who can not be proven. Prove me wrong. Place a bit of testable evidence about your little deity. Oh and define that deity, so it may be tested. Otherwise , our gods are simply Gnoses.

You miss the point that "irreducible complexity" to not be hypocritical, will require that the supernatural cause it proposes .... has to follow those rules. Otherwise it is intellectual masturbation. I believe your little deity has an issue with such behaviour?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join