It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoring-Up ObamaCare is NOT Going to Help - Lobby Groups Are Disgusting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So you clearly don't know what a derivative is, is what you are saying. I see. Well I suggest you take calculus because if you did you'd see that we are in a better place post-ACA than pre-ACA even if costs did go up. Now I'm not saying the ACA is the perfect solution or anything, just that things really are better than they would have been if it weren't passed. Premiums were rising by like 1000% back in the 00's.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The only lasting solution is to let the medical market crash, then ditch insurance all together, and build a new health system where patients pay out of pocket. Since at least 80% of long term health issues (like obesity, type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and many cancers) are all reversible by diet alone, its time that the patient is held accountable for their own diet related health issues. This would reduce over all costs drastically.

Trump needs to start with an Executive Order to suspend the Individual Mandate tax penalty. Starve the insurance companies. Let the people realize that government is not here to wipe our butts for us.
edit on 5-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

The insurance companies are currently posting record profits and they're still complaining about not making enough. Do you really think that if we remove regulations they'll suddenly voluntarily decide they don't need to make as much?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust whoa dude talk about mis informing people....the federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), 42 U.S.C. § 1395, next time do the work and get the facts straight. And as someone who has my insurance raised 45% over the past 4-5 years I am ok with it. Cause I know that a family in need can get the help. Now go home and be a man and do research then try to pass the class.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My wife has a meeting at work where they're going to announce for the third straight year, the deductible will go up by 1K. She has a worse plan than four years ago but the deductible will now be 3K higher. Her premium is also higher. Worse, just about every single issue she's faced over the last three years comes out of pocket.

Some might ask, why isn't she on my plan? Well I'm self employed, and the ACA has screwed self employed individuals even more. I pay over $500 per month for a bare bones plan. The cheapest plan to add her to in my area is $715 per month but worse, carries a 12K deductible.

F all those people gladly putting this on the backs of the middle class along with the self employed and small business owners. You're proudly gutting the middle class while the lower class actually has incentive to earn less to get superior health care. That's right, I have friends who have it worse. They make 50-60K per year and aren't eligible for any breaks/assistance. They pay even more out of pocket and to get better coverage they need to earn even less money, while they're barely making ends meet as every extra dollar they earn is going right into the system as an out of pocket expense.
edit on 5-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you clearly don't know what a derivative is, is what you are saying. I see. Well I suggest you take calculus because if you did you'd see that we are in a better place post-ACA than pre-ACA even if costs did go up. Now I'm not saying the ACA is the perfect solution or anything, just that things really are better than they would have been if it weren't passed. Premiums were rising by like 1000% back in the 00's.

I didn't take calculus and don't know enough about derivatives to make an argument on that. I just deal with real world events that I can see, smell, and taste. I'd need a whole lot of what you are smoking to believe that insurance prices were cheaper than they would have been with the ACA. I was alive during the Obama years, I heard his speeches on the topic, I heard his lies, yes lies, and I was a direct beneficiary to the increase that the ACA caused.

I'd invite you to ask real people about their experiences, but I get the feeling you aren't into all that, and just want someone to stroke your ego and pet your head while telling you things are always better on the left.

"I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

I am a typical family. In 2008, I had 3 kids and we made less than 100,000 but more than 50,000. So while somewhere in the lies and bull#, someone may have scored a deal on health care, it sure as # wasn't me or mine. We got shafted bad. And remember those numbers for just me? Yea, for a family plan, it was a piss poor joke.

So pretend all you like that you "know stuff", but by the sound of things you don't know dick.
edit on 5-9-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

The insurance companies are currently posting record profits and they're still complaining about not making enough. Do you really think that if we remove regulations they'll suddenly voluntarily decide they don't need to make as much?

The medical conglomerates are too.

"Insurance" companies pay the rates set by the medical industry.

"Insurance" companies are not doing enough to cut the costs.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Apparently, you and I are alone in all this. Your situation sounds an awful lot like mine, and I suspect that we aren't the only two out there, but based on what ONE EXPERT in everything here has to say, we are lying.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

This isn't exactly a question to you specifically but more a general question to all the ACA horror story survivors.

I've asked this before but I really want to know, where do you live? I'm paying about $300 a month with an $800 deductible. And that's with good coverage.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I didn't take calculus and don't know enough about derivatives to make an argument on that.

This is where you should have ended that post. It was literally all you needed to say, then you proceeded to talk out of your ass about something you just admitted you didn't understand proving that you don't care about facts and especially not denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Northern CA, while also dealing with the most expensive housing market in the nation and insane taxes.

I'm working on getting healthcare thru the Christian Ministry but that won't help until post pregnancy.

By my calculations when considering monthly payments and the deductible, we'll have to pay $13,900 out of pocket in 2018 until the insurance actually kicks in, and that's only because we're on separate plans as if we went with the combined and most affordable family plan, we'd pay $20,400 before the insurance kicks in.

And that's after when my wife broke her collar bone two years ago, we paid 5K+ out of pocket and when she had pneumonia last year, we paid another 5K out of pocket, AND when she had to have a medical miscarriage as well in the spring, all that came out of pocket too.

I'm basically buying a brand new Mac every month and throwing it in the garbage.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What should be done, before 2018 Open Enrollment commences on 11.1.2017, to make 2018 health insurance more affordable and benefit rich? -CareWeMust
Get a clue, I'd say.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I didn't take calculus and don't know enough about derivatives to make an argument on that.

This is where you should have ended that post. It was literally all you needed to say, then you proceeded to talk out of your ass about something you just admitted you didn't understand proving that you don't care about facts and especially not denying ignorance.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to go through life as an arrogant asshole.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It seems the people receiving the money want more money.

They are scared that the money coming from taxpayers may stop. They don't give a damn about the people who buy health insurance, or the patients who need medical care.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

We need to have a single provider system and get rid of the insurance companies. There's no reason to support the exorbitant CEO pay and the graft going on with the hospitals because the hospitals are owned by the same CEOs who own the insurance company.

The healthcare companies make Pentagon procurement look cheap!!

Before the end of October of this year? Solutions need to come before 2018 Obamacare Enrollment starts, which is on 11.1.2017 and runs through 12.15.2017.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They are scared that the money coming from taxpayers may stop. They don't give a damn about the people who buy health insurance, or the patients who need medical care.

So look at what is being successfully done in other countries instead of whinging about it!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This is such BS. I pay for my own family's policy out of pocket. The insurance companies were raising premiums by 20% per year for 15 years before ACA and continue to raise the premium after. At some point in the very near future my insurance premium will be more than my mortgage payment.

I think the healthcare system gouges the consumer. We need to breakup the healthcare cartels and monopolies.

The biggest problem is DEMAND. As long as Americans desperately want anything that the medical community can come up with to help them avoid pain, distress, or inconvenience due to a medical condition, there will be heroic measures taken to give it to them. The price will continue to go up until either Demand falls, or the availability of $$$ levels off.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: dfnj2015

I wonder, would a person so ingrained the left right paradigm, admit that before the ACA insurance was cheaper? And after the ACA it almost doubled overnight?

I'm in the same boat, the difference is, I didn't want the ACA to begin with, but wasn't offered the choice.

You're 100% correct. Insurance is how I've made my living for the past 26 years. Before ObamaCare, the premiums were 50% to 70% lower, and so were the deductibles. ObamaCare is only good for people who are 1) Sick, or 2) Poor.

What's tragic is that Obama's economic policies increased the number of Working Poor, or just plain Poor Americans, by HUGE numbers.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It would be really easy to pivot to a Dutch-inspired healthcare model. Unfortunately the provisions that allow that system to work so well would never be accepted by the GOP. Namely the fact that insurance is 100% compulsory and that insurance companies can only profit off of supplemental coverage. Basic coverage must be sold at cost.

Congress can't accomplish your suggestion in the next 2 months, but we are heading that way. In the meantime, President Trump is pushing the Senate to vote on this bill, before the end of this month.

The president and White House staff have continued to work with Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolijna and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana over the summer on their proposal to block grant federal health care funding to the states. And though the bill is being rewritten and Congress faces a brutal September agenda, Trump and his allies on health care are making a last-gasp effort.
Full Article: www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

We need to have a single provider system and get rid of the insurance companies.

While I can see the value in that idea, we first need to do something to curtail the huge costs and prices of medical procedures, doctor visits and drugs.
And, tort reform.

The lobbyists aren't going to be any less greedy with single payer than they are now!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join