It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio news photographer reportedly shot by deputy while setting up to take pictures of traffic stop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
We all make mistakes and in this case a terribly egregious one. Forgiveness seems in short supply these days and I have to applaud the attitude of the camera man who was injured. Maybe this is the lesson that cop needed to make him a far more careful and conscientious law enforcement officer who might never again draw his weapon. Better a happy ending than lawsuits and anger forever.

The fact he fired multiple shots goes back to his training which seems to be keep shooting until your target stops moving.
Maybe that needs changing as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TrueBrit

What does it feel like to carry so much hate for one person, that it insinuates itself into every thought and comment? What the hell does Trump have to do with a cop in Ohio?

He dosent really hate, he's just conducting another experiment.

Lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TrueBrit

What does it feel like to carry so much hate for one person, that it insinuates itself into every thought and comment? What the hell does Trump have to do with a cop in Ohio?

Trump hated the press is what he meant. That must have been pretty obvious to you.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: loam
From your link:

The newspaper speculated that the deputy may have mistaken the camera for a weapon. Grimm said the deputy, identified in reports as Jake Shaw, gave him no warning.

So a news camera and tripod looked like a weapon?

What kind of weapon did it look like to the deputy, I wonder?
A tow missile?

In the notorious "Collateral Murder" footage released by Bradley Manning, US troops thought the camera rig carried by the UPI man was a weapon.

Best not carry a camera these days.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Or a phone for that matter.

Can't shoot back. Can't record evidence. Can't call for help.

Just the way the bastards like it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Meanwhile Black Lives Matter ignores this because it doesn't fit their narrative of Blacks are the only ones targeted by the police.

BLM didn't ignore Justine Damond. Source

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

No. The police are a different situation to all those people.

You know why? Because the risks that come with the job they CHOSE to do, were always the same, and they had a choice in the matter.

See, a person of colour cannot choose to be anything else. A woman cannot choose to be less imperiled by changing simple things about her life. If her life demands she has to be out at a given time of night, she has no agency in that, especially if she is heading home from work or some such.

But a police officer DOES have a choice as to what employment they are in, and the job they are in demands acceptance of risk, not fear of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

To whatever extent the govt permits the police to treat the media and other members of the pulbic at events like this is a measure of the govt disdain for the mases.

It would seem this incident would suggest the govt disdain the for the indepeendent media and the public borders on hatre as in that they are the enemy of govt.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If you cannot carry a firearm without fearing for your life, then you should not be a police officer. What happened to other officers should only alter your training, not your level of cowardice.

As for shooting a member of the press, no doubt Trump will give him a medal, but the judiciary should tear this officer a new ringpiece if you ask me.

And you HAD to make this political. What a dog whistle democrat!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

If you cannot carry a firearm without fearing for your life, then you should not be a police officer. What happened to other officers should only alter your training, not your level of cowardice.

As for shooting a member of the press, no doubt Trump will give him a medal, but the judiciary should tear this officer a new ringpiece if you ask me.

And you HAD to make this political. What a dog whistle democrat!

FFS Just because he mentions Trump does not make it political, its a crack at how Trump doesn't like the press , you know because they are lying sacks of #.

But yeah feel free to politicise it whilst condemning political rhetoric.
edit on 6-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: That friggin mason stole my pizza again...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

And you had to call me out on it! What a typically Pavlovian response from the Republican/Captailist dog camp.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: The GUT
I could be wrong, but details suggest this story isn't as stupidly simple as it sounds.

What details?

Lack of, conflicting, and gaps between.

I don't hardly believe anything officialdom says about police shootings, no video is a big 'lack of, and gaps between'.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have family in Monroe county in Ohio, one of whom is a police officer, I'm going to see if he knows anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
a reply to: intrptr

I have family in Monroe county in Ohio, one of whom is a police officer, I'm going to see if he knows anything.

Respectfully, thats like asking a fox who killed the chickens.

Unless he sneaks you a video...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

.is it too much to ask to wait for an appropriate amount of details and info before, say, going on a rant about the "land of the free" or trained paranoia.

Yes.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I see a new activist group in the future..... 'Press Lives Matters' - Coming to a town near you to burn it to the ground and stop traffic for those with jobs.

The good part is, they will already be there to cover the protests.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
We all make mistakes and in this case a terribly egregious one. Forgiveness seems in short supply these days and I have to applaud the attitude of the camera man who was injured. Maybe this is the lesson that cop needed to make him a far more careful and conscientious law enforcement officer who might never again draw his weapon. Better a happy ending than lawsuits and anger forever.

The fact he fired multiple shots goes back to his training which seems to be keep shooting until your target stops moving.
Maybe that needs changing as well.

Forgiveness! the guy has a permanent hole in him!!! Dear Lord, the cop shot a man! The cop is the one that needs additional training to sort out threats from regular journalism. Sue the dept for releasing such an untrained cop on the streets!
edit on 6-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

a reply to: thepixelpusher

And you had to call me out on it! What a typically Pavlovian response from the Republican/Captailist dog camp.

How typical, I'm not Republican! You still win for dog whistle Democrat of the year! APPARENTLY, YOU DON'T SEEK TRUTH, BUT SEEK TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER. You are a George Soros wet dream.
edit on 6-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That meme where the cop is pointing a gun at his shadow is how I see cops today. Scared wimps who use their job as an excuse for all kinds of bad things. "But I feared for my life " biggest line if b.s. ever and if you are too scared then go find a different job.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join