It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher compares Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan to swastikas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: loam
That doesn't mean there isn't a problem that the school might not want to publicly admit to.

Let me ask you something.

Absent any reasonable evidence, would you find it unfair for me to assume and repeatedly ask you if because of your political views, and the fact you likely own several knives in your home, whether you pose a physical threat to those who disagree with you?

I'd like to know. Do you pose a threat? Maybe there's some SJW fantasy you're not willing to admit to.

See how that works?

Why is your default setting to assume the worst?

edit on 5-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This stuff really pisses me off--it's like in court, where a comment gets stricken from the record and the jury is instructed to disregard the statement. These kids have already heard the opinion now and had to deal with a knee-jerk activist of a teacher, no matter how calmly she said it. It's not something that a simple acknowledgement of wrongdoing will fix or erase, and this type of stuff happens ALL. THE. TIME. in schools and will continue to happen.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm not assuming the worst - of either the kids OR the teacher. We are only getting part of the story. I would like to see an interview with the teacher and hear her side. If she said that was just her opinion and the kids at that school had never done anything to warrant that accusation, then she is wrong not only in her actions, but in her thoughts as well.

If, however, she said that she had personally witnessed racial comments or acts by white kids at the school who used that slogan while doing so, then I could at least see where she is coming from.

You are jumping all over me for just asking questions. I have not automatically defended her. I have agreed she was wrong in not following the existing policy. I am just wanting to hear all sides of the story and for some reason being demonized for it. Wtf?!?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm not demonizing you. I'm questioning your opinion.

Fair enough. I'll back off. I'm not trying to piss you off.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
damn whats her last name? im laughing at what it might be...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If she did hear these kids (not ALL white kids mind you) use racially derogatory remarks, then don't you think she would have mentioned that in her review of the incident with the administration? And if that did come out, isn't it reasonable that the administration would have punished the students in some form, and not openly apologized to them and their families (in order to legally cover their collective backsides)?

So, reaching into the wild "what if's" can go on forever if you ignore the current details we have, and do not draw logical conclusions from them. It's an exercise in futility, until such time as differing details arise. If you still are questioning her motives, how about researching it yourself, and try to find answers to these questions? I would welcome any new information that was substantiated from known sources to be presented here for discussion.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Another "what if" is,

What if only one of the group of kids was accused of making racially insensitive remarks?

Would a baseless accusation be enough to banish all kids wearing that shirt to her class?

Isn't that called guilt by association as well? If that is acceptable enough, then perhaps there should be investigations into the families of all these kids because, you know, Nazi's?

These are valid questions based upon nothing but baseless speculation, as were your questions. Baseless speculation should only be enough to begin an investigation, not as an end result conclusion.

SMH

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I think the students were aliens and they want to Make America Great Again, by harvesting our dirty insoles for their alien-tech weapons systems.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

How about this.
You can't pray to God in Public School, nor invoke the name of God in Public School, (unless you're Muslim of course).
No God..........NO POLITICS! They should ban any and all discussion of Politics, politicians, political parties, whatsoever anywhere on Public School property!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

What an impossible standard...and frankly, a very sad world view.

When did we move from addressing people's ACTIONS to investigating people's possible motivations by assuming the worst possible outcomes? It's like saying that every time you pick up a steak knife, should I be asking if you intend to kill someone???

Despite what the MSM might have you believe, there is not a white supremacist lurking behind every corner.

If these kids had said any of those things, I'd have booted them out myself. But that isn't what happened here, is it?

Spooky.

Kayluv: "I'm Not saying you're a Racist, but........ "

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: loam

What an impossible standard...and frankly, a very sad world view.

When did we move from addressing people's ACTIONS to investigating people's possible motivations by assuming the worst possible outcomes? It's like saying that every time you pick up a steak knife, should I be asking if you intend to kill someone???

Despite what the MSM might have you believe, there is not a white supremacist lurking behind every corner.

If these kids had said any of those things, I'd have booted them out myself. But that isn't what happened here, is it?

Spooky.

Kayluv: "I'm Not saying you're a Racist, but........ "

Please clarify this post for me? I do not know to whom you re referring here.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Im referring to Kayluv's inital reflex to this whole situation. Guilty till proven innocent. I mean anyone who would wear a MAGA shirt MUST be one, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's the new Red Scare. I used to think we were beyond that kind of herd thinking.

Apparently not.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Thanks for the clarification. I assumed as much, but I (unlike some here) prefer to refrain from assuming others intentions.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurduckenMan

Well she's right, Trump is a facist.

FAKE PRESIDENT

You do know they declared ANTIFA a terrorrist organization right? might want to hide better.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A skewed perception from both political sides is expected. And then... and then there are some who wouldn't see the .great. if it popped them in the eye. To those people, the glass is never full. And the pot is always empty.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Im just trying to get an answer to my question. For the people wearing the tshirts TODAY - when was America great?

You can't fix something that isn't broken.

It's pretty clear the phrase is propaganda, using projection.

You know when your girlfriend asks you "what's wrong" and you say "nothing" and then they conclude this means "something is wrong." and then they treat you worse assuming you have some sort of attitude you never did? Same type of backwards logic.

A generally better phrase would be "America is Great." but then we wouldn't need an orange tic-tac to fix it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad

Im just trying to get an answer to my question. For the people wearing the tshirts TODAY - when was America great?

It's pretty clear the phrase is propaganda, using projection.

You know when your girlfriend asks you "what's wrong" and you say "nothing" and then they conclude this means "something is wrong." and then they treat you worse assuming you have some sort of attitude you never did? Same type of backwards logic.

A generally better phrase would be "America is Great." but then we wouldn't need an orange tic-tac to fix it.

Wow. we have no good infrastructure for one. our manufacturing jobs suck. We have a broken election system. our justice system isnt just anymore. We have alot of stuff that needs fixing.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I question her ability to be fair and impartial as a teacher.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad

60% employment, job loss, income stagnation, crumbling infrastructure, 8 years of race relations becoming more volatile every year .. what's not to like?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join