It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher compares Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan to swastikas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A Georgia high school teacher compared the President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan to a swastika and ordered students wearing t-shirts supporting the president to leave her classroom. The incident happened Aug. 31 at River Ridge High School in Cherokee County -- north of Atlanta - and it was all captured on video.

Turning Point News first obtained the exclusive video and it shows the teacher explaining to students that they could not wear pro-Trump clothing "just like you cannot wear a swastika to school."

The video also shows the teacher doubling down on her argument that the kids have to leave the classroom because the shirts say "Make America Great Again."

"The Neo-Nazis...I'm not saying about Trump, but the slogan," the teacher said.

Source: Teacher compares Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan to swastikas

Now, this sure sounded like a case that the teacher was attempting to impose her own political viewpoints upon her students. That is not teaching, but indoctrination. So, I dug a bit deeper to find a local news report to see what the administration had to say about this situation and how they handled it.

"Her actions were wrong as the 'Make America Great Again' shirts worn by the students are not a violation of our School District dress code," a statement from the Cherokee County School District read.

The school district told Channel 2 Action News the teacher "additionally, and inappropriately, shared her personal opinion about the campaign slogan during class."

Chief communications officer Barbara P. Jacoby said the school's principal met with and apologized to the students who were the class, in addition to their families

Source: School apologizes after teacher says students can't wear 'Make America Great Again' shirts

So, the school district apologized to the students and their families. In addition, not disciplinary action will be taken against the students. The teacher clearly overstepped her authority in this case.

So ATS, should the teach face any disciplinary action?
Should she be required to attend a set of diversity classes to learn to accept diverse opinions?

IMO, she needs to at least attend a refresher course on the school dress code and other school rules to ensure she does understand them and is willing to accept them to continue teaching there. I don't think this incident deserves she lose her job, but to do nothing is equally inappropriate.

Let's discuss this aspect of the story.

edit on 9/4/2017 by Krakatoa because: Added Video

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

A Georgia high school teacher compared the President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan to a swastika and ordered students wearing t-shirts supporting the president to leave her classroom. The incident happened Aug. 31 at River Ridge High School in Cherokee County -- north of Atlanta - and it was all captured on video.

Turning Point News first obtained the exclusive video and it shows the teacher explaining to students that they could not wear pro-Trump clothing "just like you cannot wear a swastika to school."

The video also shows the teacher doubling down on her argument that the kids have to leave the classroom because the shirts say "Make America Great Again."

"The Neo-Nazis...I'm not saying about Trump, but the slogan," the teacher said.

Source: Teacher compares Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan to swastikas

Now, this sure sounded like a case that the teacher was attempting to impose her own political viewpoints upon her students. That is not teaching, but indoctrination. So, I dug a bit deeper to find a local news report to see what the administration had to say about this situation and how they handled it.

"Her actions were wrong as the 'Make America Great Again' shirts worn by the students are not a violation of our School District dress code," a statement from the Cherokee County School District read.

The school district told Channel 2 Action News the teacher "additionally, and inappropriately, shared her personal opinion about the campaign slogan during class."

Chief communications officer Barbara P. Jacoby said the school's principal met with and apologized to the students who were the class, in addition to their families

Source: School apologizes after teacher says students can't wear 'Make America Great Again' shirts

So, the school district apologized to the students and their families. In addition, not disciplinary action will be taken against the students. The teacher clearly overstepped her authority in this case.

So ATS, should the teach face any disciplinary action?
Should she be required to attend a set of diversity classes to learn to accept diverse opinions?

IMO, she needs to at least attend a refresher course on the school dress code and other school rules to ensure she does understand them and is willing to accept them to continue teaching there. I don't think this incident deserves she lose her job, but to do nothing is equally inappropriate.

Let's discuss this aspect of the story.

Definitely discipline the teacher. No excuse for her behavior. Ignorance and bias seems to be running rampant and the last place it should be is in our schools. She should apologize personally and face some time off to get educated with no pay. Stick to teaching....your job....not politics....not your job.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Reminds me of the this Berkeley Middle School Teacher who was also an SJW.

Supposedly, parents were complaining how she tries to indoctrinate her students with regressive leftist beliefs.
edit on 9/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I actually look at this as a bullying scenario really. Had a student made fun of another for their outfit they would be facing some repercussions. This is a bit different though in that a teacher used a position of power to bully....kind of an abuse of power in my eyes....repercussions should be swift and pointed.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Wonder what they would have said had she told students with gay pride rainbow shirts on to leave the room, or blacklivesmatter shirts....

I live in GA and can tell you if one of my kids teachers did this I'd be at the school ripping them a new one. Making sure this teachers name was known and on the news...both school and teacher.
edit on 9/4/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
UPDATE to OP: Added the video link from YouTube I found

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Diversity is not only for LBGT+ and skin color, but also diversity in beliefs (including political beliefs). I really wish the radical anti-trumps people understand that soon. Disagreement to your political belief system does not equate to being a NAZI.

Get a grip folks, honestly.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I take it she lost her job?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

LOL...so because it says Make America Great Again....the slogan....she equates it to neo nazis....holy SJW, should NOT be a teacher Batman.

Regardless of left or right, doesn't everyone want to make America Great?

Wow....she is a piece of work that one.

Likely will get fired for this honestly.....and I doubt many tears would be shed.

I will say that this was likely a planned stunt by the students to trigger her. Guessing she has been making her political views clear in the classroom and these students had enough and decided to trigger her....appears they did exactly that too.

Should be a YouTube channel....#outingSJW.....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank
I take it she lost her job?

No, she did not. SO far, no disciplinary action is being planned against her actions.

Personally, I think the minimal needs to be retraining in diversity and school policy. And perhaps even an 8 week monitoring program to have someone sit in on her classes to ensure she is not continuing to impose her personal political beliefs (or others personal beliefs) into the classroom.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'd be worried about retaliation if I where the students and their parents. I'd want some kind of assurance from the school that I or my kids where not going to be affected by actions taken by this teacher and/or her friends (bad grades and ect).
edit on 4-9-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Teachers and professors are well known communist leaning people.(not all but a majority)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

This is a product of This .. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still don't understand how anyone accepts this pc stuff as anything but pure rubbish. It makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

A Georgia high school teacher

Lets see if she returns as a "teacher in Georgia" next year. Or cooking my food at McDonalds.
My guess , as a true Georgian ?
We have a way of taking out the "political trash"
School is still for the 3 Rs here

edit on 9/4/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Fire her. Period.

I don't care what her excuses might be.

That level of misjudgment in my book is automatically disqualifying to teach children anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The words 'Make America Great Again' is equivalent to the Nazi Swastika?

I would question this teacher's 'education' if she thinks making America great is a bad thing...what a tool.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Fire her. Period.

I don't care what her excuses might be.

That level of misjudgment in my book is automatically disqualifying to teach children anything.

I prefer using "reeducation" in this case. She want's to do that, then she must be in favor of reeducation and indoctrination. So, subject her to the same fate I say. Firing her means she is free to teach this crap somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sad.

It's sounds like the teacher has been brain-washed, indoctrinated.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Sad.

So, sounds like you are recommending a course of cult deprogramming is in order for her?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Sad.

So, sounds like you are recommending a course of cult deprogramming is in order for her?

She should actually spend time with the people she hates.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join