It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your Child Listen to ‘Loud, Heavy Rock Music’? He Might Be a Neo-Nazi

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
what if your child listen to heavy metal bands with black lead singers... dum dum daaammmm... (dramatic reverb...)

a non-story to trigger those it can.

Have you noticed that if you play Buddhist meditational "Ommm" videos backwards, they sound like "Mmmmmooo" being repeated over and over again? Not sure where I'm going with this one ...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

another one i've dusted off over the last year or two:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Perhaps to lead followers to the cosmic cow

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is a killer album, love Albatros, Clean My Wounds..hell the whole deal is all killer, no filler.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

what if your child listen to heavy metal bands with black lead singers... dum dum daaammmm... (dramatic reverb...)

Have you noticed that if you play Buddhist meditational "Ommm" videos backwards, they sound like "Mmmmmooo" being repeated over and over again? Not sure where I'm going with this one ...

LOL no I hadn't noticed but Co Ko Kacho is weird back words! LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Death Metal, not just any Hard Rock.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
To quote South Park. # Canada!
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: loam

I don't care about the Democrat's or the Republican's, but I do know one thing. Every time I go to a new webpage, I see the Left (Liberals) calling everyone under the sun a racist. I have heard virtually every type of person that disagrees with them, called a Nazi. I have also noticed that they seem to be the only ones (largely) name calling.....perhaps it is they, who are the Nazi's.
It's Calgary, Canada, which I believe may be Conservative leaning? I don't think this is a left calling people Nazis issue.

It doesn't matter where they're from. It's certainly leftist behavior. I actually live in Canada now, and their conservatives are pretty much the same as our Liberals. They are weak all around in Canada. Anyone who calls anyone a racist simply because they disagree with them, might as well be a Liberal from the U.S.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

AC/DC and Black Sabbath is not heavy rock music, in my opinion. It's cookie-cutter standard rock that appeals to the older crowds.

Even if someone does enjoy "real" heavy stuff, like metal, etc, it does not mean it is a sign of being a neo-Nazi.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

AC/DC and Black Sabbath is not heavy rock music, in my opinion. It's cookie-cutter standard rock that appeals to the older crowds.

Even if someone does enjoy "real" heavy stuff, like metal, etc, it does not mean it is a sign of being a neo-Nazi.

I don't see AC/DC as a metal band but I would give Sabbath credit for 'creating' the genre...without even knowing they were. Deep Purple is sometime considered a metal band, but I would dispute that, too.
Key to this conversation is that violent metal can be part of a set of attributes that could indicate some anti-social tendencies such as Neo-Nazism. No where does it say metal leads there. Yet we have 9 pages of bad-ass rockers clutching their pearls in dismay. Has there yet been any comment about the standard metal wardrobe having a certain resemblance to the gay leather scene? Seems a little more noteworthy...ROFL! (as the kids would say)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Music saves lives.

edit on 9 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I don't see AC/DC as a metal band but I would give Sabbath credit for 'creating' the genre...without even knowing they were. Deep Purple is sometime considered a metal band, but I would dispute that, too.

Don't forget Jethro Tull.
www.guitarworld.com...

heh.
edit on 9/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Don't forget Jethro Tull.
www.guitarworld.com...

heh.
Indeed...but that speaks to the industry, not the fans. That is also why I much preferred little Youngtown Rock and Roll Museum in Omemee to the Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Can't make this stuff up.

No, you can't, but one can easily take it out of context and run with it...

The author of the op-ed article, Daniel Sanchez, doesn't appear to be the quickest rabbit in the forest based on his twisted interpretation of what was meant to be conveyed. I wouldn't follow his lead but, based on the many comments in this thread: unfortunately many have climbed the sign post instead of following it...

There were other warning signs listed in the link. The first one was: sudden lack of interest in school.

Q: How come that first point was not taken out of context like the music point was...?

A: The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something...

You see — the Calgary police department was not insinuating that a child listening to loud heavy metal and/or showing a lack of interest in school automatically means s/he is a neo-Nazi. Instead, they made a list of warning signs that might allow parents to be aware of the potential of their child adopting a certain hateful ideology.

Here is the full list from your link. Perhaps you will now be able to discern the information presented within its proper context.

Off to listen to Motörhead, now.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

ohh you mean Like Howard from Kill Switch Engaged ! ?

www.youtube.com...

Or Davis in God Forbid ?

OR!! How about a

A Black Heavy Metalist Female Singer!
from Black Veil

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago9247 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago9247 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And people laughed on the thread about who is alienating the center more. The wackos on the right are shunned by the party. The wackos like this on the left are encouraged and celebrated. It doesn't play with apolitical Americans.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

or maybe Living Colour

of course got to post this one

edit on 5-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i guess they'd think your really _____ up if they heard you listening to this.

edit on 5-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Well, I suppose I am Hitler reincarnate as my metal is loud and has been since I heard my first Iron Maiden track. Honestly, at this point in time with the leftists, you fart the wrong way and you're a white supremacist.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

Stop it.

Thats not true. I laugh at farts, and I am left as they come. Leftier than most.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join