It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your Child Listen to ‘Loud, Heavy Rock Music’? He Might Be a Neo-Nazi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I can't believe I'm the first to say it. . . .

"Nickelback will save you all!"

This might be the only time I've ever reported you.

Ugh... why do you have to be so offensive and cruel with your words, DC?

I'm sorry.

That was out of line.

It's ban-worthy, but I hope the mods give me a second chance.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess this message is very White supremacist and will turn your child int a Nazi! Imagine, lyrics like this!!

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe. it's not too late
To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing
Life's a bitter shame
I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers,
I've listened to fools
I've watched all the dropouts
Who make their own rules
One person conditioned to rule and control
The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It's ban-worthy, but I hope the mods give me a second chance.

Don't worry, if you get axed I'll just recreate you under a new name.

I would miss you. Me. Us, if I weren't here to talk to we.

edit on 4-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Is there a particular education one needs for music do you think? Or is appreciation enough.

I've thought of that before too. I think appreciation is enough for most people and allows anyone to enjoy listening.

However, an education in music or even just knowledge about a certain style or something can and does increase that appreciation. In fact there are some types of music where it can almost be required to have musical education to even begin to appreciate what it is. Because there are some musicians who will push themselves to new limits or experiment after they've become skilled enough that without the knowledge to understand what it is they're doing you just don't get it.

Some things don't always sound like something interesting until you learn what makes it unique or difficult.

So I'd say both.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Wow! After all the years of the black music world identifying with violence and smut someone finally takes action. LOL
What a bunch of politically motivated oh folks that wear their moms under ware. I mean wow did anyone ever take down "Cop Killer" and the like?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
I mean wow did anyone ever take down "Cop Killer" and the like?

They tried but there was a helluva "body count".

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Wow! After all the years of the black music world identifying with violence and smut someone finally takes action. LOL
What a bunch of politically motivated oh folks that wear their moms under ware. I mean wow did anyone ever take down "Cop Killer" and the like?

Actually I think they did try to take down "Cop Killer" and quite a few others as well. They aren't usually successful though because as it goes through different levels of the court system eventually it's ruled as Free Speech and people realize it's just music. But they have gone after quite a few Rappers who sing about Gang Banging and stuff over the years.

Or do you remember 2 Live Crew??? They sang really sexually graphic rap songs back in the 80's and 90's??? That set the world ablaze for a while and they got banned from everywhere and facing some crazy charges if I remember correctly.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Seig Vato!!

Uber silliness, really. I can't remember a time I didn't listen to hard rock, heavy metal, etc... Next time I flash the nazi salute will be the first.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Love it..on my favorites list..right along with Tool, Slayer, Death..etc
I will be checking out the William Orbit version
This version gives me the chills

edit on 4-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The most surreal thing I've seen in my lifetime is old school right wing sentiments such as Muh Russia being now thrown around hysterically by some liberals in the last year. Now rock music is evil?! Lol. It's throwing me for a loop.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Rob must send them into apoplexy:

A gay metal master doing Christmas tunes?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

On the Body Count album, I think maybe only 50,000 copies or less with Cop Killer..the record company nixed that track after pressure from who knows?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I can see some peoples brains shorting out.

link   

Nazi's wore pants.

Neo-nazi's wear pants.

I think I'm seeing a trend here. . . . .

How about pantsuits?
I seem to remember someone last year that was big in the news.... wearing pants.

link   
They also feel that Brawndo is what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Awesome.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The most surreal thing I've seen in my lifetime is old school right wing sentiments such as Muh Russia being now thrown around hysterically by some liberals in the last year. Now rock music is evil?! Lol. It's throwing me for a loop.

Coffee house music and Grande, Quad, Nonfat, One-Pump, No-Whip, Mochas are to blame.
edit on 4-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes of course it is....music is Evil I tell Ya!!!

Blame Led Zep....they started it with the Immigrant Song..." We come from the land of Ice and Snow, to take you black fellas
and brown fellas land away...Ooohhhh"

Of course Ladybeard should be banned Altogether......the Neo-Japan-azi!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It seems like any time a Rapper starts making songs with a message of violence or disrespect toward law enforcement, authority figures start making a fuss over it. The more mainstream the more likely they start trying to ban the song or even bring charges.

I watched a documentary a while back where it was showing how Law Enforcement at various levels in certain cities were literally creating full on documented profiles on a bunch of rappers and treating it like a giant criminal enterprise even though there wasn't even a case to work yet.

But they still treated it that way and were basically harassing rappers whether or not they were actually up to something. It got so bad that it caused internal problems within some departments and FBI I think had to get involved to figure out what was going on and it was a big mess. This was years ago, but I'm sure it's still happening to some degree.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Yes of course it is....music is Evil I tell Ya!!!

Blame Led Zep....they started it with the Immigrant Song..." We come from the land of Ice and Snow, to take you black fellas and brown fellas land away...Ooohhhh"

You were good up until "Ice and Snow" and then your lyrics go off the rails there pal.

Immigrant Song is about Vikings or something along those lines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join