It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My problem with Politics today..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, because it isn't really that complicated how all of us are being used.

Basically, politics are a tool, used to keep us at each others throats so we don't go after the true sources of inequality in our society. Lobbyists, the heads of major corporations that are appointed to government positions in every administration, whether Republican and Democrat, and most importantly, banks and the federal reserve.

I've been reading Revolutionary Suicide by Huey Newton, and it isn't lost on me that the Black Panthers didn't get labeled a terrorist, anti-white organization by the government and media until they started calling out banks and the federal reserve.

The problem I have with the right, is an obvious one. They pander to racists, bigots, and misogynists for more votes and more power, then try to distance themselves when these people feel empowered and hold rallies to make their views public. And historically have destroyed communities like the one I'm from.

The problem I have with the left, is that they seem to be adopting some of the same thought processes of the people they are fighting against. The idea that I'm responsible for a lot of bad things in other peoples lives because of the color of the skin I was born with is wrong, on all counts. That's the exact same idea I saw a man stand at a podium and scream to a cheering crowd at a KKK rally when they invaded my town as a kid.

I will not support hateful and divisive rhetoric from any side. Being a revolutionary today doesn't mean marching down the street dressed in black and yelling at people, and it sure as hell doesn't mean supporting a populist candidate like Donald Trump.

A revolutionary today is an independent free thinker, who doesn't let dogmatic political ideologies shape their world for them, and who doesn't consent to being used by any side. Everyone who sees themselves as a member of this fight has to ask themselves, do you care more about padding your ego and proving to everyone you're right, or actually effecting some type of measurable social change?

Let go of your ego.

Until we are ready to see each other as the humans we are behind these ideologies, nothing will get better. Only worse. It's up to all of us to be the change we want to see, and stand up for what we know is right despite what the media of your choice tells you.

It's up to no one else but us what direction our society goes in. And it all starts with you. And me.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That wasn't short and sweet...what was the question?
edit on 4-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Leggo my ego!

I agree OP, every political stance is equally disappointing.

That's why I hermit up.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A revolutionary today is an independent free thinker, who doesn't let dogmatic political ideologies shape their world for them, and who doesn't consent to being used by any side.

Wow, you just described me! I never thought of myself as a revolutionary.

Thanks for that!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

A second thought.

The single biggest problem this political (anti-political) scene has created is the difficulty one has and the amount of energy one must expend to identify and avoid buying in to one or more of the deceptions being promoted. A person has to near become totally unresponsive to any stimuli because there's so much noisy propaganda being screamed out all the time, most of it based upon lies.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I will not support hateful and divisive rhetoric from any side. Being a revolutionary today doesn't mean marching down the street dressed in black and yelling at people, and it sure as hell doesn't mean supporting a populist candidate like Donald Trump.

A revolutionary today is an independent free thinker, who doesn't let dogmatic political ideologies shape their world for them, and who doesn't consent to being used by any side. Everyone who sees themselves as a member of this fight has to ask themselves, do you care more about padding your ego and proving to everyone you're right, or actually effecting some type of measurable social change?

I'm from the other side of the pond so not actually involved with your politics, but

it looks to me like Donald Trump not having been involved in politics is why he got

the vote? because all over the world people are sick of the professional politicians.

It is my opinion is that those who voted for Trump were hoping for *a new broom to

make a clean sweep* its early days we will have to see?

That too is imo why the British voted for Brexit to get out of the stiffling clutches

of the EU.

I was surprised at the new French president Macron getting in ..... however I

believe his popularity is waning!!

edit on 4-9-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

seriously though....

Politics today has entered the realm of surrealism and unreality populated by character actors and charlatans.

It you don't just enjoy it as entertainment; it will drive your mad....I'm in recovery now and have almost stopped drooling and soiling my trousers.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

seriously though....

Politics today has entered the realm of surrealism and unreality populated by character actors and charlatans.

It you don't just enjoy it as entertainment; it will drive your mad....I'm in recovery now and have almost stopped drooling and soiling my trousers.

Something I can agree with you on.

I'm steve, and it has been 0 days since my last dip in the mudpit.....Hey, nobodies perfect. I'll quit tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
That wasn't short and sweet...what was the question?

It turned into a lot longer than what I intended when I started writing it lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

A second thought.

The single biggest problem this political (anti-political) scene has created is the difficulty one has and the amount of energy one must expend to identify and avoid buying in to one or more of the deceptions being promoted. A person has to near become totally unresponsive to any stimuli because there's so much noisy propaganda being screamed out all the time, most of it based upon lies.

As soon as everyone realizes that every side is lying to them to some extent, it becomes a lot easier to weed out the lies.

And usually when a person realizes that, what these "sides" really stand for and who controls them become apparent.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Donald Trump got the vote because people assumed not being a politician made him different.

But the reality is, there isn't a big difference between billionaire businessmen and politicians. And a lot of times, the big businessman is beholden to more special interests than someone who is just a politician.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And thats EXACTLY why I'm affiliated with, and vote for, the Libertarians.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

And thats EXACTLY why I'm affiliated with, and vote for, the Libertarians.

I'm not ready to throw my hat into the ring for any political group. I feel I'd just be feeding into the madness.

I'll never sacrifice things I believe in for the lesser of two evils. I have several friends that are libertarian, but they're all just disillusioned conservatives, and still hold a lot of conservative ideas I don't agree with. As do a lot of libertarians, from what I've read.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

A revolutionary today is an independent free thinker, who doesn't let dogmatic political ideologies shape their world for them, and who doesn't consent to being used by any side.

And then..

The problem I have with the right, is an obvious one. They pander to racists, bigots, and misogynists for more votes and more power,

Right. A blanket statement that's literally dogmatic in nature.

The problem I have with the right, is an obvious one. They pander to racists, bigots, and misogynists for more votes and more power, then try to distance themselves when these people feel empowered and hold rallies to make their views public. And historically have destroyed communities like the one I'm from.

The problem I have with the left, is that they seem to be adopting some of the same thought processes of the people they are fighting against. The idea that I'm responsible for a lot of bad things in other peoples lives because of the color of the skin I was born with is wrong, on all counts. That's the exact same idea I saw a man stand at a podium and scream to a cheering crowd at a KKK rally when they invaded my town as a kid.

That's because the Left is just going back to their roots.

This post would be worth something if I didn't already know that you'll return to the left-right paradigm soon enough.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

And then..

The problem I have with the right, is an obvious one. They pander to racists, bigots, and misogynists for more votes and more power,

Right. A blanket statement that's literally dogmatic in nature.

How is it not true? Do the leading figures of the right wing not pander to these kind of groups? One of the major ones was even an advisor to the president.

I'll always oppose Donald Trump and what he stands for. Only in the minds of hyper partisan people does that make me fall on any side of the political spectrum.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The far right / alt-right are angry because they have seen their jobs offshored, the one and only employer in their town closed down, coal mines, steel works closed down. Opportunities are limited for those without STEM degrees.
When they realize that getting an education for their children is the only escape, and arrange booster fund-raising clubs, the education board snatches away the money for "redistribution". Going to college and they have to battle the adjusted SAT scores based on ethnic background. Then there is all the talk about "white priviledge, micro-agresssion" and all that other stuff.

They don't understand why a home should be so expensive - in the 1950's, if a couple needed a home, the town would join together and help build one. Now, they have to get a loan from a national bank to buy a home from a national property developer. All the local banks have been bought out and merged into national conglomerates. It's kind of obvious where all the money is going.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Politics are necessary, it is the propaganda, demogogary and logical fallacies that are the problem.

I think if people were hearing the truth, rather than propaganda. There would be no problem..

Imho the left knows they are playing to soft hearted intellectuals.. or that's who they assume they are crafting their narratives for.

So they tug on the heart strings and wrap their propaganda around some displaced group. Which can go badly when they allow the narrative to be based on logical fallacies, such as with BLM. By Selling ian accountability issue as if it were a race issue. So it gets picked apart..

But The right is just flat out lying most of the time..

Rather than actually debate a topic they just spout out a crazy illuminati type conspiracy and deflect..

"All the WORLDS media , science community, unions, teachers, college professors, celebrities and everyone else not conservative enough . Is in a vast interconnected conspiracy to make he GOP look bad and discredit Jesus!!"

"They are comming to get your guns"

"Government is the problem"

I seriously cannot think of one right wing talking point that isn't based on a logical fallacy.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well, no one's perfect, so don't expect a perfect candidate. I just vote for the candidate that best upholds the integrity of the Bill of Rights. Like someone else said. The politics are necessary. Its Americans who have forsaken our Bill of Rights.

Does that make me a disillusioned conservative? Don't know, don't care. The nation can just crumble under the weight of its own insulin resistant retardation for all I care. I don't mind to watch, but as long as I can vote, I will vote...for the Bill of Rights.
edit on 4-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Spoken like a gentleman

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Spoken like a gentleman

Thank you .... but correction, *spoken by a woman*

No need to worry about it, I'm no snowflake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join