It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Irma What Should I Do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would hurry run get a U-Haul load up all your house if you can and go to South Carolina and hang out. But maybe you are living paycheck to paycheck so just fill up gas in car grab valuable papers ect and go hang out in South Carolina.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Looks like I'm hunkering down regardless of what it does, you guys will have a first person view as long as I have internet

two rules when hunkering down during a cat 4 hurricane when you live less than a minute from the water.

1. write your name and social security number on multiple places on your body, that way when and if your body or parts are found you can be identified.
2. place your head between your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye.

and here is a tune i recomend you listen to, just substitute rocky mts with what ever beach your on, and snow for waves.

second thought don't substitute any thing, tune is great just like it is. and just think it's live just like you will be for a while.

edit on 4-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: and don't wimp out and call 911 for a resuce, they won't come. plus you'll lose you Darwin Award.
edit on 4-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It is still to early to know where a US landfall will be. Have a plan, stock up on food(non perishables), water, batteries, ect..

I would not evacuate until the order is issued in your area.

That said, I am getting worried because I am on a boat in North Central Florida. My friends in the Keys are already getting ready to evacuate.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the storm that's days-away does not require preparedness on an emergency basis...
living in the potential path of hurricanes should already have about 90% of your survival needs on hand already

the short term resources like water - gasoline - condoms should only take about 5 hours to secure --- unless u'r a fart-smeller

com' mon... this is a fluff thread ------ RIGHT ?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

No, some people get nervous in these kinds of situations

Were all not cool James Bonds

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm watching the Chicago news right now. Hundreds of "Harvey Animals" ... animals that now have no home, are being distributed to families for adoption.

If you love your pet, put some kind of identification on him/her/it, so you can be reunited. Some of the dogs, in particular, look like they'd rather be back with their last owner. They miss them.

We had horses on the property in FL in 04, wrote our phone number on their sides before the storm hit.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Not to be uh, rude, but how can you live a min from the water in South Florida and not have a plan in place?

The obvious solution is to have a car loaded up with materials/valuables and be ready to bug out in a few days.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

To be fair, if you think the majority of people will evacuate, you are sadly mistaken. Not to mention, even if it was complete destruction, nobody would be risking their life to save me. It wont be flooded like Huston, it would be damage from surges, and high winds. Even if my roof is blown off, nobody will have to save me. I'll either be dead already, or be able to leave within a few days. Flooding here will not be 10 feet high, just not possible, it would drain right back where it came from.

Even if it did end up flooding to unimaginable heights, and I was not dead, I would just paddle board a couple miles to a tall structure, of which there are many.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Well, this thing could go right where I decide to bug out to, I can't have a plan in place before I know where this thing is going. Not to mention, I am not an adult, I am sitting in my moms house alone, while she is in Europe. I didn't buy the house, I didn't choose the location.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The Land is already soaked, So any rain will cause flooding, get out if you have a choice.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Actually it's mostly limestone underground, just sucks the water up. Also, water would just drain right back into the ocean

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Bah, looks like it's not going to hit here now. The path looks like it's going after Texas and the gulf.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hurricane evacuations are a cluster f. You either leave days early when you don't know where it hits, or you sit on the highway for hours. I hunkered down during a cat 4+, watched the mobile home across the street torn apart, along with the one two doors down. Came out two hours later, surveyed, and knew what we had to do the next morning. I didn't have to worry about water, we were higher than anything around us, our fear was wind.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth

Well, this thing could go right where I decide to bug out to, I can't have a plan in place before I know where this thing is going. Not to mention, I am not an adult, I am sitting in my moms house alone, while she is in Europe. I didn't buy the house, I didn't choose the location.

Well that's a bit of a pickle.

I'd tell your mom to get you on a plane to Europe.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
Bah, looks like it's not going to hit here now. The path looks like it's going after Texas and the gulf.

Like I said in another thread (or maybe this one?), HARVEY cleared a corridor in the atmosphere. Irma will tend to follow that path of least resistance, unless some other major weather system affects her.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth

Well that's a bit of a pickle.

I'd tell your mom to get you on a plane to Europe.

This actually made me Laugh out Loud, I was caught in Gloria in 1984 in NH when in the military. Charlie scared the hell out of me, but being the midwest boy I was born and bred, was going on the front porch to see what the hell was going on.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The Gov. just called a state of emergency. What are you going to do...??

www.rawstory.com...

Do you have an inflatable mattress? Just in case....
edit on 4-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Id get your mom to call and get you a hotel room inland a few miles at least in case it gets bad enough and you have a bug out spot. Or at least find out where a local shelter might be.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've lived through several nasty hurricanes a few blocks from the Atlantic south of Miami. It will flood. Forget St. Petersburg-that's all low-been flooded there myself.

Get your backpack full of water and food-cans are heavy so just get bags. Contact your fire department for the closest shelter-give them your name and number and where you live.

Within 24 hours of hearing it's headed your way-head to the nearest shelter on high land-don't forget your pets.

You'll be fine. I want to talk to your mother.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I've lived through several nasty hurricanes a few blocks from the Atlantic south of Miami. It will flood. Forget St. Petersburg-that's all low-been flooded there myself.

Get your backpack full of water and food-cans are heavy so just get bags. Contact your fire department for the closest shelter-give them your name and number and where you live.

Within 24 hours of hearing it's headed your way-head to the nearest shelter on high land-don't forget your pets.

You'll be fine. I want to talk to your mother.

3 in 6 weeks for me in 2004, back in the midwest, now all I have to deal with is tornadoes

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join