It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Data Breach Whose fault this time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There, of course, are data breaches all the time. But, there have been some really major ones in the last few years of government personnel information...information involving personal information of government employees, applicants, and their family members.

The big theft of personal information of the Office of Personnel Management happened in 2014/2015. We discussed that one HERE and a lot of very interesting information was revealed in that discussion.

That one happened after Jeff Bezos's Amazon Web Services won the $600,000,000 CIA contract to service the cloud for our intelligence agencies. That was another great discussion we had HERE on ATS. That big contract was issued in 2013.

Now, today, I read where there is yet another VERY SERIOUS data breach that exposed thousands of job seekers in top secret government work. Amazon Web Services is connected in this one through a contractor of a contractor, it seems. Were there no failsafes?

Found on an insecure Amazon S3 bucket without the protection of a password, the cache of roughly 9,400 documents reveal extraordinary details about thousands of individuals who were formerly and may be currently employed by the US Department of Defense and within the US intelligence community.
. DATA BREACH EXPOSES THOUSANDS OF JOB SEEKERS

This is interesting. It's from 2015. It's a .pdf file titled: DoD-Compliant Implementations in the AWS Cloud.

Look at Page 21 and 22 of that document as it discusses Amazon S3.....hmmmmm.

d0.awsstatic.com...

I'm not a tech geek...but this has enough "smell" to it, that I think perhaps we should discuss the ramifications of one particular cloud service company, its owner, its power within our intelligence agencies, the DOD, and government bureaucratic personnel information.

Are certain technology companies being given too much power and access to personal information gleaned from these personnel breaches?

WTF is really going on, especially 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016!!??

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

...9,400 documents reveal extraordinary details about thousands of individuals who were formerly and may be currently employed by the US Department of Defense and within the US intelligence community.

So wearing hoodies and masks doesn't work anymore.

Welcome to the internet.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if this isn't all deliberate. that way, when the economic system goes bust, it will be much more believable that you bank account is zero because the system was hacked to the point where it's not recoverable anymore or something.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To really get the gist of what is being said in opening this thread, please read these two discussions I linked in the OP.

#1 - Please remember the OPM Data Breach under Obama's administration.

#2 - CIA Off and Running With Amazon Web Services.

top topics

join