It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic little wimps...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I would recommend that America adopt more humility, but knowing Americans, soon people would be bragging about being the most humble.

See the post from Badwolf below.

I bet he/she can snort pure mustard from a sphincter located in the nether regions of hi/her body!?

Lucky him/her...

Right... back on topic!?

Warmest

Lags

I think he's Australian.

Don't they do that daily regardless?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Introspection is lost these days. It went the way of the Dodo... and empathy. It's much easier to point at others misgivings than to consider your own.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A very dry ha ha.
The job of president is very serious. Not something to be taken lightly.
We may have lost the ability to laugh at ourselves but unfortunately we haven't lost the ability to laugh at each other.
Right now the world vacillates between laughter and shudder when reacting to trump.
It ain't good...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

All you can do is slag each side off and belittle each person that disagrees with your biased opinion : that is my point of view as a Brit in France but open minded to international ongoings.

Instead of slagging each other off do you have any positive suggestions apart from chugging a couple of shotgun pellets into your current presidents head?

Come on our divided USA members I am sure you can come up with some positive stuff to halt the divide!?

Kindest respects

Lags

Sure, there is slagging, mostly pretty much as elsewhere, but there is also a concerted effort by some here to hyperbolise even the smallest, stupidest thing and twist it, even when it is relatively quiet. They know who they are.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

All you can do is slag each side off and belittle each person that disagrees with your biased opinion : that is my point of view as a Brit in France but open minded to international ongoings.

Instead of slagging each other off do you have any positive suggestions apart from chugging a couple of shotgun pellets into your current presidents head?

Come on our divided USA members I am sure you can come up with some positive stuff to halt the divide!?

Kindest respects

Lags

Did you drink the koolaide?

What you're describing only is happening on forums and in the press. Over here in real life people are concerned about normal everyday stuff, like what's for dinner? What night is Cub Scouts again? When was the last time I had the oil changed? Oh crap...a 4 day weekend and at least one of those days I need to clean out the gutters.

The upheaval is happening in isolated pockets but gets mucho airtime and doesn't reflect most of us Americans.
Most of us trying to figure out who's turn it is to pick up the kids, which weekend we need to spend with elderly parents and Hey? can anyone toss in some laundry?

You can't go by what you read.
Cheer up Lags!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Introspection is lost these days. It went the way of the Dodo... and empathy. It's much easier to point at others misgivings than to consider your own.

I thought you said DOBRO....

My solution to wimpdom is the dobro....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
The division is an illusion. The ground situation in the US is significantly more stable than that of France or UK. Did the UK not just divide from the EU??? Talk about division!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Kindest respects

Lags

Did you drink the koolaide?

What you're describing only is happening on forums and in the press. Over here in real life people are concerned about normal everyday stuff, like what's for dinner? What night is Cub Scouts again? When was the last time I had the oil changed? Oh crap...a 4 day weekend and at least one of those days I need to clean out the gutters.

The upheaval is happening in isolated pockets but gets mucho airtime and doesn't reflect most of us Americans.
Most of us trying to figure out who's turn it is to pick up the kids, which weekend we need to spend with elderly parents and Hey? can anyone toss in some laundry?

You can't go by what you read.
Cheer up Lags!!!

Nope, don't know what koolaid is as I am not Murikan!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't disagree with anything the OP said, but it's really laughable to hear such condemning comments coming from a Brit. Then again, I've come to expect it. A British acquaintance once told me that the United States was "the most racist country on earth." I laughed in his face, telling him that he was obviously oblivious to his own country's record of colonialism and conquest by unbridled bloodshed. Some people...

Yeah, the US is divided; however, as I see it from my perch, so is most of the western world. Your dear Britain is no different. Can't see that much of Europe is. Wars and rumors of wars and all that.

Get that beam out of your own eye, bro.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I don't disagree with anything the OP said, but it's really laughable to hear such condemning comments coming from a Brit. Then again, I've come to expect it. A British acquaintance once told me that the United States was "the most racist country on earth." I laughed in his face, telling him that he was obviously oblivious to his own country's record of colonialism and conquest by unbridled bloodshed. Some people...

Yeah, the US is divided; however, as I see it from my perch, so is most of the western world. Your dear Britain is no different. Can't see that much of Europe is. Wars and rumors of wars and all that.

Get that beam out of your own eye, bro.

Fair enough pal... opinion understood and respected.

Brit 30 years travelling the world and adapting to different cultures...

And you?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

Lol we do whine mate, just it's only whoever loses the popular vote, right now that would be EU remainers and Corbyn supporters. Give it a few years and it will be Tory supporters whining...not sure about the EU divide though, I guess whatever deal we strike as an independent nation will decide that. Some people will always whine in the UK though, just listen to the SNP

We may whine but we queue politely to do so and then have a mug of tea...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Fair enough pal... opinion understood and respected.

Brit 30 years travelling the world and adapting to different cultures...

And you?

Warmest

Lags

US Citizen by birth.

I've spent nearly half of my life living outside of the US. I've lived 15 years in Latin America. I've lived in 10 years in Central Asia. I've traveled Europe, Middle East. (Actually about to move abroad again real soon.)

I am a gringo, born and raised in the US, but I can pass for a Mexican, even when I go to other Latin countries. My mannerisms and speech betray me not as a US citizen but as a Mexican national when I meet Mexicans or Latinos from other countries.

I lived in a nomadic community in Central Asia for several years. My nomadic neighbors routinely employed me to herd their sheep.

(Embarrassingly, I only speak three languages, but one of them is Xalx Mongol, FWIW.)

I'd say that I've adapted very well to different cultures.

I have had close friends from more countries and ethnicities than I can count. (I know this to be a fact because I just tried to count and gave up about 15 into it.)

I commonly read news sources from around the world, my preferred for accuracy (if not trustworthiness) being RT and Al Jazeera, but I try to concatenate sources and make up my own mind.

So, yeah, there are a few folks on this forum other than yourself who've "been around."

Again, my observations indicate to me that, yeah, the US is screwed up, but no more and no less than pretty much every other western country in this world, and most other ones. And, particularly Britain and most of the EU countries. I routinely see British acquaintances on social media say things like your OP then turn around and fuss about their own situation. Maybe they queue up and do it a bit more politely, then maybe have a cuppa tea or a pint afterwards, but the fact its that a fart still smells the like a fart whether t's a loud one or a quiet one.

edit on 2017 9 04 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Skip the car battery and the clamps to the nipples will do just fine thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well I don't see any divide where I live but that being said i don't get out much
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: too many letters

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bang on mate... thank buggery I am not one of those Brits!

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you are using postings on this website, or any other, as a gauge for how people actually behave you would be mistaken. Even the most virulent of people on both sides of the spectrum generally tend to treat each other civilly in day to day activities. Picking teams and arguing anonymously on the internet, or being driven to violence in mob-mentality settings are not the same of everyday living. In my experience, we are no where near as divided as everyone wants to think.

Were there any race riots or political haggling going on in Houston the last week or so?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I believe that some sad examples of life used this forum for political trolling and baiting during the sad events in Texas.

a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would recommend that America adopt more humility, but knowing Americans, soon people would be bragging about being the most humble.

I bet he/she can snort pure mustard from a sphincter located in the nether regions of hi/her body!?

Wow the mods sure let some interesting and colorful phrases fly these days.

It must be the fault of liberals, though it doesn't surprise me, being pathetic little wimps and all

edit on 4-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: intrepid

I thought you said DOBRO....

My solution to wimpdom is the dobro....

A good dobro is the solution to damn near anything that ain't right.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Wow the mods sure let some interesting and colorful phrases fly these days.

It must be the fault of liberals, though it doesn't surprise me, being pathetic little wimps and all

Well if it niggles your wick then report it mate!

Anything to say about the main topic?

I know I strolled off topic but back again and apologise.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 4-9-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join