It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

What's horrid about it?
You do know we need immigrants in order for our economy to grow right?

IDK maybe you don't know this.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No...hell be the one clapping his hands in glee watching it on his tv. The idiot box he can't seem to quite wean himself from.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There was a question to the constitutional aspect of DACA.

The legislation through congress will end that speculation and make it law.

I find it funny that with all the talk about Trump being a dictator when he doesn't act like one, many want him to.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week

Which is to say you still don't know anything about it because this is a site full of disinformation and bad information and made up information.
If you want to learn about something this is not the site to do it in.
But if you want to be part of the click...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

No...hell be the one clapping his hands in glee watching it on his tv. The idiot box he can't seem to quite wean himself from.

WOW, the irony, Pot, meet Kettle

edit on 9 4 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

How many "amnesties" have we had already?

Does the illegal population shrink or grow as a result of these "amnesties"?

As far as "we as a nation need immigration" - I need money to pay my bills/support my family. Hence, I have a job. If I went out and robbed gas stations, it would be illegal (even if I was using the money to give my family a better life). People NEED to combine illegal and legal immigration because they need a stick to beat their opponents. Even people that are in favor of legal immigration but opposed to illegals can be vilified when they are all thrown into a common pool.

We've added 11-20 million illegals over the last few decades. How's that economy doing? Adding more people is the solution to bad trade deals? How does that work in your mind?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Its not small by no means, but necessary to move the agenda none the less. The riot is needed to foster collapse.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Willtell
Now the government has their names and addresses.

A terrible situation for innocent young people through no fault of their own

Hard working educated young people who would have a positive impact on the country.

I hope they leave on their own accord. From what I've seen of these Dreamers at rallies, they are very confrontational, entitled and almost always Democrats of the Alt-Left variety.

I'm sure there are MANY innocents in all of this, but the fault lies immediately with their parents, does it not?

Even if their parents were only trying to improve the lives of their future generation, STEALING over our border is a crime.

I only wish their parents were as hard-working and educated as some of these "dreamers".

Wow...

Way to try and shroud your ignorance by faking your compassion for the youths.

Their parents were brave. You obviously don't understand the conditions and circumstances these people are set with in their home countries. The parents you are demeaning are people who risked death, arrest, abd deportation to try and provide a better life for their children. We call those kind of people heroes where I'm from.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is? They were all most likely living in 3rd world type conditions, and had no future no matter how hard they worked.

This is the land of the free, the land of opportunity. We should let all of those who want the dream in with open arms.

These parents came to a country where they are illegals, and may not speak the language, and had to find a way to survive here and provide for those dreamers.

It really bothers me when people judge without thought or care as to the circumstances of others

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Do you think only America should be without borders?

Your "Brave Sir Robin" complex is nonsensical. They were so "brave" they ran away to somewhere safer? How does that make sense? Had they been "brave" the third-world country they fled would not be in the shape it's in. Capitulation in the face of adversity is NEVER brave. Fleeing to the "land of milk and honey" is the easy route compared to cleaning up the mess around them.

Let anyone in that wants to be here? Has that ever been a plan in America? What exactly do you envision that type of policy would lead to? Would we still have a "social safety net" for everyone that wants to come in? How would that be funded?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Former President Obama says that he's going to "say something" if President Trump ends DACA.

www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week.

Tell me, what did the "Dreamers" children do before Obama's executive order? Were they dying in agony somewhere?

Before DACA they were subject to deportation. Obama changed it, extending the scope of the law to what makes a legal resident to include children who were brought here against their will (if they want to stay).

Trump wants to deport them for being illegals.

The 6 month delay gives Congress time to pass a clone of DACA but we all know nothing is getting through Congress.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

a reply to: liveandlearn

President Trump should allow all the 780,000 kids and their families who are here now, to stay. But no more.

I agree. But the law must be upheld hereafter. We should never have to debate this again.

That said. I believe the new conditions for immigration are too strenuous.

Problem is the law doesn't work on a permanent basis, things are designed to expire specifically so that they can be changed or leveraged for more political points.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

originally posted by: toysforadults
Good I am sick of funding the whole world while my taxes go up everyday.

No crap! I just started crypto trading and it's nice to know that I own all the risk and when I make a good trade the government steals 30% of My earnings. I made a horrible trade the other day and lost 15K which might put My family in a real sore spot and We all know that social programs will not help middle class families.

So you're gambling money you can't afford to lose, make a bad bet, and now are upset there's not a program to help you (there actually is), and you're claiming others need to worry about personal responsibility?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

We will treat them with the utmost care and tenderness. I want them to come back. I want them to work really hard to come back legally.

In fact, I'd be okay with drafting a resolution to fast track program for those who were brought illegally. But it has to be measured.

This is about economics.

Why should they have to work hard? Is working alone not enough?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Why is the DACA program being looked at now? From what I've read, the children are growing up and contributing to society. Not killing, or living off welfare. U.S. citizens feel that there are real challenges for the President to tackle. The DACA immigrants are way down their list of priorities. Why NOW?

I'm just guessing here, but it was possibly up for renewal. Another possibility is that Trump needs a win on some issue for his base and a repeal opposed to passing something is an easy win.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Sillyolme

How many "amnesties" have we had already?

Does the illegal population shrink or grow as a result of these "amnesties"?

As far as "we as a nation need immigration" - I need money to pay my bills/support my family. Hence, I have a job. If I went out and robbed gas stations, it would be illegal (even if I was using the money to give my family a better life). People NEED to combine illegal and legal immigration because they need a stick to beat their opponents. Even people that are in favor of legal immigration but opposed to illegals can be vilified when they are all thrown into a common pool.

We've added 11-20 million illegals over the last few decades. How's that economy doing? Adding more people is the solution to bad trade deals? How does that work in your mind?

Take a look at our population demographics. Our population, like most western nations is actually shrinking. That means that programs like Social Security, or anything else that's modeled on a pyramid growth tax base is unsustainable. Even the military is unsustainable without an expanding population.

We're making that up with immigration, so that we don't end up like Japan. Every person we deport today is 4 fewer people we'll have come 2055 when millennials begin to retire. They're going to need a large population to support them.

The nation will crumble without massive immigration.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Former President Obama says that he's going to "say something" if President Trump ends DACA.

www.politico.com...

This is an area where I break with Obama. The man was utterly brilliant, and very respectable while in office. I think in post office attitude though, I respect his predecessors more. Jimmy Carter has had a great low key career helping the world. HW retired, W has abandoned having a public profile. Obama should do the same, I don't really like a former President becoming an activist.

Obama is just a regular citizen now, it shouldn't be on him to say something.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week

Which is to say you still don't know anything about it because this is a site full of disinformation and bad information and made up information.
If you want to learn about something this is not the site to do it in.
But if you want to be part of the click...

It's being made into a bigger deal than what it really is. That's obvious.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Why is the DACA program being looked at now? From what I've read, the children are growing up and contributing to society. Not killing, or living off welfare. U.S. citizens feel that there are real challenges for the President to tackle. The DACA immigrants are way down their list of priorities. Why NOW?

I'm just guessing here, but it was possibly up for renewal. Another possibility is that Trump needs a win on some issue for his base and a repeal opposed to passing something is an easy win.

This, from December 2016, says that DACA will wind down anyway. No need for President Trump to do anything.

Even if it wanted to, the Trump administration would likely be dissuaded from ending DACA immediately by the practicalities of cancelling all 800,000 EADs alone. But it makes especially little sense to do this when a majority of the EADs will expire within a year of Trump assuming office in any case. The Obama administration has since 2014 made public quarterly breakdowns of when DACA recipients renewed their status or received their status for the first time.

Source: www.cato.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Willtell
Now the government has their names and addresses.

A terrible situation for innocent young people through no fault of their own

Hard working educated young people who would have a positive impact on the country.

I hope they leave on their own accord. From what I've seen of these Dreamers at rallies, they are very confrontational, entitled and almost always Democrats of the Alt-Left variety.

I'm sure there are MANY innocents in all of this, but the fault lies immediately with their parents, does it not?

Even if their parents were only trying to improve the lives of their future generation, STEALING over our border is a crime.

I only wish their parents were as hard-working and educated as some of these "dreamers".

Wow...

Way to try and shroud your ignorance by faking your compassion for the youths.

Their parents were brave. You obviously don't understand the conditions and circumstances these people are set with in their home countries. The parents you are demeaning are people who risked death, arrest, abd deportation to try and provide a better life for their children. We call those kind of people heroes where I'm from.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is? They were all most likely living in 3rd world type conditions, and had no future no matter how hard they worked.

This is the land of the free, the land of opportunity. We should let all of those who want the dream in with open arms.

These parents came to a country where they are illegals, and may not speak the language, and had to find a way to survive here and provide for those dreamers.

It really bothers me when people judge without thought or care as to the circumstances of others

Anything to add besides emotional rhetoric?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join