It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: carewemust
I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week.

Tell me, what did the "Dreamers" children do before Obama's executive order? Were they dying in agony somewhere?

No, they were just being American citizens like the rest of us. Mostly in school, but also working, sometimes two jobs to pay for school. They were raised here from babes. They are Americans. Some of them have never been to Mexico, and don't even speak the language. This is a disgrace for our country.

If they were American citizens like the rest of us before Obama's executive order, what was the purpose of Obama's executive order?
edit on 9/3/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Tempter

Starting riots and "firestorms"? Thanks Trump! Wow, he's doing a great job of bringing everyone together.

Trump won't be the "ones" starting fires and riots.

The idiots who whine, and incite violence, should focus on finding someone to beat President Trump in 2020.

Well a Chia Pet could but they are made in China thus ineligible.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Oftentimes the dreamers are actually grown men, they get sent all over the US to sanctuary locations which in many cases are criminal rings. It is not as cut and dry as people think, there are harsh criminal realities happening and President TRump is in the know, and trying to make changes that will keep everyone safer in the long run.

Have you got anything to back this total BS up?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Now the government has their names and addresses.

A terrible situation for innocent young people through no fault of their own

Hard working educated young people who would have a positive impact on the country.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What an asshole.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week.

Tell me, what did the "Dreamers" children do before Obama's executive order? Were they dying in agony somewhere?

No, they were just being American citizens like the rest of us. Mostly in school, but also working, sometimes two jobs to pay for school. They were raised here from babes. They are Americans. Some of them have never been to Mexico, and don't even speak the language. This is a disgrace for our country.

If they were American citizens like the rest of us before Obama's executive order, what was the purpose of Obama's executive order?

To permit them to continue their lives without harassment.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
For people not knowing exactly what this is, here's some general info....

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy founded by the Obama administration in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I often wonder why Congress (especially in 2009-2010) didn't fix this problem ?

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I often wonder why Congress (especially in 2009-2010) didn't fix this problem ?

Hmmm.

I think you know why.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Good I am sick of funding the whole world while my taxes go up everyday.
edit on 3-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If they were born here, they are citizens. What's the problem?

Well, Obama was born here, yet Arpaio still had a problem with him, and tried very hard to overturn his birth place by claiming the birth certificate false.

So, today, you not only have to be born in America, you have to "prove" that your "birth certificate" is valid.

This is really tough, since most of us were barely conscious when our birth certificate was being written and signed.

edit on 3-9-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And what do you do with the 'dreamers' who have US born siblings or have children who were born here? There has to be a better way. End DACA but give those currently here a path to citizenship.

Can only legal immigrants be naturalized? Anyone know? This is distressing. Texas could lose a million or more people. Texas also allows those children to go to Texas Colleges at the state rate.

Saw a young woman who's family lost everything in Harvey. She was hoping to study to be a surgeon. Spoke perfect English with no accent. Lose everything you have worked for and be sent back without anything. Seems wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Starting riots and "firestorms"? Thanks Trump! Wow, he's doing a great job of bringing everyone together.

I guess if he could rip off his mask and Hillary was behind it then I guess the left would stop protesting, until then don't hold your breath.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Now the government has their names and addresses.

A terrible situation for innocent young people through no fault of their own

Hard working educated young people who would have a positive impact on the country.

I hope they leave on their own accord. From what I've seen of these Dreamers at rallies, they are very confrontational, entitled and almost always Democrats of the Alt-Left variety.

I'm sure there are MANY innocents in all of this, but the fault lies immediately with their parents, does it not?

Even if their parents were only trying to improve the lives of their future generation, STEALING over our border is a crime.

I only wish their parents were as hard-working and educated as some of these "dreamers".

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
There has to be a better way. End DACA but give those currently here a path to citizenship.

Why do you have more sympathy for the people who were brought here already compared to the people who will come illegally, aka future would-be dreamers?

You take an odd position.

On one hand you want to end DACA, but on the other you want compassion for those who only want what those who would come illegally want, citizenship.

I would think if I was for ending DACA, and I am, I wouldn't want any of them to stay here. Either you believe in the law or you don't.

Edit, more than that! Either you believe in your own values (ending DACA) or you don't (allow some to stay).

Like I said, you take an odd position and dare I say, not value-driven.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Welp, President Reagan basically pardoned them........Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

legalized illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt; candidates were required to prove that they were not guilty of crimes, that they were in the country before January 1, 1982, and that they possessed at least a minimal knowledge about U.S. history, government, and the English language.

And George W Bush extended amnesty to illegals by executive order

"Bush Sr. went big at the time. He protected about 40 percent of the unauthorized population. Back then that was up to 1.5 million. Today that would be about 5 million."
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Can only legal immigrants be naturalized?

Congress makes the law. They can do anything. They can just declare all illegals to now be legal, and that's it.

Every 7 years or so the Congress used to do this, via a program called "amnesty."

But, Republicans don't like "amnesty", they claim it rewards law breakers.

Yet, Trump just granted amnesty to Arpaio for his breaking of the law.

And so it goes...

Anything is possible.

It's all just politics.

edit on 3-9-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Shouldn't go after the children. It's a failure of the system illegals get their kids over the borders but once here, can't target them.

I'll wait and see what Trump does with this. Might tweak it, might replace it. We'll see. But in no way do I support targeting kids simply because government failed to keep illegal parents out in the first place.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The involvement of the word children is interesting. Read the link to the Wikipedia entry Xuenchen posted. It has the full list of requirements but among them is: "Have completed high school or a GED, have been honorably discharged from the armed forces, or are enrolled in school".

Now how many children do you know that have been honorably discharged from the armed forces?

And if this is about children then at 18 they should be given the choice, take the naturalization test and become a citizen or get deported. That's fair, incredibly fair.

We need something better for this situation. Something to handle little children that had no choice in being brought here but with a clear path to citizenship or a clear path to deportation. No blurry lines.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Noncents because: Added Two Missing Words

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Just for some perspective here I have met a nice young woman from Columbia who will be adversely affected if the removal of DACA is allowed to proceed. Like myself she is Transgender and unlike me very involved in activism. She is educated and works with/for a number of non profits. One being a group of honmless shelters that are specifically for Trans folk.

This is a person who has done nothing but good for her community and her life could be in great peril over this. Being sent back "home" to Columbia where she would have have no place to go but back to family could potentially be a death sentence. LGBT people and those with sensitive medical needs are most at risk when being sent back to third world nations.

It is people like her that will be ripped from everything they have built here in "the land of opportunity" "the land of the free". It is nothing but cruel to do this to good people who have built lives here. More like "the land of your free to go back to where you came from". MAGA🤦🏻‍♀️

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join