It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thats why Trump gave Congress 6 months to figure what to do about DACA via law. However to be honest I see the courts deciding before Congress does.

Obama really screwed those on DACA when he made a promise that was unconstitutional. To be honest I think he believed it was sage because Clinton was supposed to win (my personal opinion only). You dont make these types of promises when you dont have law to support it and you certainly dont go after the person ending it because of the same.

I dont support Amnesty but am open to a congressional law allowing them to go through the immigration process without having to return to their home countries and wait 10 years before reapplying and only on a case by case basis and only covering those currently in the DACA program.

Anyone else in violation needs to be deported and come here legally.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's just like clockwork. Just as Mexico (and other parts of Latin America that aren't Venezuela) starts showing some semblance of stabilization the US does something that will destabilize them. Not only destabilize then but reinvigorate the weakened cartels. Because let's be fair these kids (and that's what they are) are entering a world they don't know. They're going to be scared and confused. Perfect targets for recruitment.

Its like former Mexican President Fox. He used twitter to appeal that these Mexicans can make America better. People started asking why Mexico woudnt want their own citizens back who have gone through advanced education in order to help their own country out.

A valid question to be honest.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Amazing to see politicians trying to keep promises. Very encouraging.
Lots of protests...Sessions should see these protests as the beginning of self deportation ans start arresting

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Amazing to see politicians trying to keep promises. Very encouraging.
Lots of protests...Sessions should see these protests as the beginning of self deportation ans start arresting

Lol funny you should mention protests and self deportation. There was an incident in the the Texas State House a few months back where illegals showed up to demonstrate. They carried signs stating they were illegal and why they were protesting. A State rep called immigration to send people over to arrest them since they were self identifying as being here illegally. He about got into a fight with a democratic state rep who threatened him for calling immigration.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
One of the kids in our office was brought here by her mother at the age of four. Her Spanish is awful. She doesn't have any family in Mexico (that she knows of). Can you imagine being deported from the only country you have ever known to a completely foreign one where you don't really speak the language and have zero connections?

This is a Trump move designed to push congress to do something. I'd almost applaud him for it except I am 48 years old and in my lifetime I have seen the U.S. Congress accomplish something worthy in six months exactly two times. The current crop of legislators (all parties) are so completely inept I doubt they could manage to find their car keys in six months.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It was also under Fox that Mexico really went to s***. So I'd argue that Fox really had no idea what he was doing. But he was able to cover for his failings with a loud mouth.

Now who does that description remind you of?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It was also under Fox that Mexico really went to s***. So I'd argue that Fox really had no idea what he was doing. But he was able to cover for his failings with a loud mouth.

Now who does that description remind you of?

Hillary Clinton.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Exactly. Everyone protesting should be asked to produce documents. Would save millions on law enforcement costs.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's arguable that DACA is unconstitutional. DACA didn't pardon, like GW Bush did, or give automatic citizenship to children brought here. It provided a path to citizenship, providing they had no criminal background and did certain things, like enroll in college, the join military, etc. I don't know the exact details.

What Trump can do, if Congress fails, is to pardon those DACA kids, who have done everything required, from criminal prosecution of illegal entry, and deportation, and allow them to continue on their path to legal status. In my opinion, that the most and the least he should do.
edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You are assuming that it would be deemed unconstitutional.

I'm not sure you can bank on that.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It's arguable that DACA is unconstitutional. DACA didn't pardon, like GW Bush did, or give automatic citizenship to children brought here. It provided a path to citizenship, providing they had no criminal background and did certain things, like enroll in college, the join military, etc. I don't know the exact details.

What Trump can do, if Congress fails, is to pardon those DACA kids, who have done everything required, from criminal prosecution of illegal entry, and deportation, and allow them to continue on their path to citizenship. In my opinion, that the most and the least he should do.

Actually the president can deem a person a citizen if they have done something in exchange for the countrys well being. Have these children all sign up for government programs/jobs.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Tempter

a reply to: MrNeo
Throwing people out of the only place they ever called home is a bitch move.

Ah, but that's not true, is it? Because they HAVE known another country as they are CITIZENS of that country.

How so since many arrived quite young and never leave, the undocumented don't risk travelling outside the confines of the united States.

My point is this isn't their only home. They have a country already! Otherwise we're not talking about Dreamers, are we?

They may technically have a different county's passport, but that's not their home and to be uprooted on a whim by a serial lier..shame shame.

IF you were not born here you are a citizen where you were born at. Tough turkey if it wasnt here.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I got nothing to own up to myself. im a native born american. the Native americans were also from elsewhere as well. They just didnt come into existence here randomly or evolve here so technically I am just as native as they are.

if you claim responsibility for something your ancestors did its disrespectful to everyone involved because you are basically lying that you bear responsibility for your ancestors sins. So even as a child you were guilty right?

And in this world Majority makes right. Justice is a illusion for the sheep. The only justice in this world is we all die.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What Trump can do, if Congress fails, is to pardon those DACA kids, who have done everything required, from criminal prosecution of illegal entry, and deportation, and allow them to continue on their path to citizenship. In my opinion, that the most and the least he should do.

And that's what happened. Obama stated that DACA was a temporary solution to a very real problem, and that the executive order was set by Obama so that congress could address it. In the end congress never took up the issue so now Trump is ending the program.

What's been irritating about this DACA CACA is that that most of the people who've been making an issue about it, are people who could have used the program to get US Citizenship, but for whatever reason never did. I watched a report on King5 (local channel up here in Washington) about a 24 year old that works as a legal assistant and was worried about being deported because DACA ended. Really? A Legal assistant, and she didn't think; "Hey maybe I should apply for US citizenship".

It's those people (the lazy ones that just think; "Oh well there's this program that I can use to stay here longer without doing anything else") had spent their time filling the paperwork to stay here this wouldn't even be an issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Not seeing any rage or riots?

I am seeing Trump's approval ratings hit new lows.

You want real comedy here? The GOP in congress is so scared they are talking about how to save DACA!

The past 6 months has been a steady stream of rats jumping a sinking ship.

This is more "enlightening" than anything else. The American public gets a good, hard look at the new republican platform of Cruelty and Incompetence.

This has implications for 2018, 2020 and beyond.

edit on 5-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

What's been irritating about this DACA CACA is that that most of the people who've been making an issue about it, are people who could have used the program to get US Citizenship, but for whatever reason never did.

It's those people (the lazy ones that just think; "Oh well there's this program that I can use to stay here longer without doing anything else") had spent their time filling the paperwork to stay here this wouldn't even be an issue.

What's irritating is people who talk out of their ass about how they are "irritated" about things they know nothing about.

DACA recipients can not apply for citizenship unless they have a spouse or child over 21 YOA who is an American Citizen.

Lazy???...Intellectual Laziness bothers me the most. Someone gripping about stuff that they are too lazy to understand in the first place.

edit on 5-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: MrNeo
Throwing people out of the only place they ever called home is a bitch move.

Ah, but that's not true, is it? Because they HAVE known another country as they are CITIZENS of that country.

How so since many arrived quite young and never leave, the undocumented don't risk travelling outside the confines of the united States.

My point is this isn't their only home. They have a country already! Otherwise we're not talking about Dreamers, are we?

They may technically have a different county's passport, but that's not their home and to be uprooted on a whim by a serial lier..shame shame.

IF you were not born here you are a citizen where you were born at. Tough turkey if it wasnt here.

Does Melania Trump count? She came here illegally...Or does she get a pass for being married to the oompa loompa?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I was wrong in thinking that DACA provided a path to citizenship. It doesn't. It doesn't even guarantee a green card, because of the person's illegal entry. An immigrant with illegal status can't get a green card. An immigrant has to have had a green card for 5 years before they can apply for citizenship in the US

DACA is a parole program that merely allows the person to work or go to school without being deported, for a short time. It doesn't give anyone lawful status.

citizenpath.com...
www.us-immigration.com...
www.uscis.gov...
edit on 5-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That problem is compounded by the fact the voters in this country are apathetic and are apparently to lazy to vote. They would prefer to bitch and just stop there instead of doing something about it.

There used to be some truth in that, but the new reality is that the Corporations/Bankers select WHO is going to run for office. They ply their candidates, both parties, with billions in campaign funds and by the time the election comes it matters not a whit which candidate you voted for.

The real truth is that the US has devolved into nothing more than a Corporate run Oligarchy. The really bizarre thing that's happened in my district, for example, is that they voted a so-called Republican into office and he's voted with the Democrats ever since. He has of course, accomplished nothing and never will, but he's rolling in campaign money and will doubtless win re-election AND the Democrat who was slated to run against him has dropped out in recognition this guy is a better Democrat than the Democrat!

According to reports heard today, Washington State and New York State are filing lawsuits against the Feds, I guess to keep DACA going. So.......once again, the Sanctuary States will go their way and thumb their noses at the Feds.

One has to wonder how much longer his state of affairs can go on without provoking a Constitutional crises.
Oh..........and they'll raise the debt ceiling without passing a budget and kick that can down the road as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

This has implications for 2018, 2020 and beyond.

AND, beyond that!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join