It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I have native American heritage actually but not much at all.

and while i always enjoy the native American Indian argument this is now and that was then.

We have immigration laws.

Follow them or risk being deported if caught.

So you want to play both sides of the fence, or WALL as Trump would put it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have two children, my oldest is a daughter, who is a beautiful blonde haired, green eyed woman. My son is dark haired, brown eyed. Both are 1/4 Mexican.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Yes my family in the past has owned slaves. I will not deny that, it is somewhat public record. Have we treated them well, I don't know, but some were given their freedom in wills.

Own your families history, we all have it, but don't be an ass.

I don't know, nor do I care, about my family's past. It has nothing to do with me. People shouldn't be punished based on what their ancestors did, or didn't do. I can only control my own actions, and I should only be held accountable for my own actions. Every person in the world, white, black, hispanic, asian etc. have ancestors who were murderers, rapists or who owned slaves, none of them should be held accountable for that.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I have native American heritage actually but not much at all.

and while i always enjoy the native American Indian argument this is now and that was then.

We have immigration laws.

Follow them or risk being deported if caught.

Why don't we fix the law, buddy of mine, married a girl from Peru. It cost him 12K to get her three daughters a green card, they were all minors, not a real big background check to do.

So you want to play both sides of the fence, or WALL as Trump would put it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Yes my family in the past has owned slaves. I will not deny that, it is somewhat public record. Have we treated them well, I don't know, but some were given their freedom in wills.

I don't know, nor do I care, about my family's past. It has nothing to do with me. People shouldn't be punished based on what their ancestors did, or didn't do. I can only control my own actions, and I should only be held accountable for my own actions. Every person in the world, white, black, hispanic, asian etc. have ancestors who were murderers, rapists or who owned slaves, none of them should be held accountable for that.

Exactly my feelings. But if you are going to be a jerk online, someone is going to call you on it. Not you, just a fair warning.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Tru, not directed at you, I know we do not agree on the political level, but you are a pretty good debator. We have numerous exchanges, and I will never discount your opinion. Sometimes, we have to consider the past.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I am all for legal immigration and assimilation. Bring the best of your culture and merge it into ours to make it better and richer.

I am a strong proponent of border security, including a wall. Something democrats actually called for until Trump was elected. So if you want to play the both sides game take it to the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I am all for legal immigration and assimilation. Bring the best of your culture and merge it into ours to make it better and richer.

I am a strong proponent of border security, including a wall. Something democrats actually called for until Trump was elected. So if you want to play the both sides game take it to the Democrats.

The only problem is, I am an independent, and I see both sides screwing the pooch. Amazing what you can see when you watch both sides.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Please find me a Democrat calling for a wall?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

High Tech? WTH do they have to do with anything?

You say that like it's a big deal.

What stake do they have in DACA besides opinion?

You can't say they will suffer by maybe a few single people leaving.

If they are so important to the Industry, they can be set up back in their home country and then apply for the correct visa's to come back.
Or since it's High Tech, they can work from mexico.

I haven't heard any definitive statement from Trump yet.

Tim Cook of Apple, came out today, and said he had 250 employees that fall under DACA, Zuckerburg, and a couple have made strong statements against Trumps stance.

Bummer for Cook.

He'll have to pay natural born citizens more money to fill those vacancies.

And screw the Zuck and the rest, they have their own walls.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Bummer for Cook.

It's pretty pathetic a natural born citizen is so incompetent they can't even compete for those jobs, isn't it? Must be nice to simply change the rules and legislate out the competition.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

If they are so important to the Industry, they can be set up back in their home country and then apply for the correct visa's to come back.

Tim Cook of Apple, came out today, and said he had 250 employees that fall under DACA, Zuckerburg, and a couple have made strong statements against Trumps stance.

Bummer for Cook.

You do realize, that you answered with nothing that made any sense. The cold hearted nature of you folks fighting DACA just absolutely amazes me, tells me there are a lot of things not right in this world, and you are most of em

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Stop making stuff up , there are no orgs called Alt-left..so a non existent org, cannot riot.
Yes decent ppl will rage over this as it was unnecessarily cruel.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Bummer for Cook.

It's pretty pathetic a natural born citizen is so incompetent they can't even compete for those jobs, isn't it? Must be nice to simply change the rules and legislate out the competition.

Yeah, must be that the temporary legal 3rd worlders are much better than the all natives.

I'm sure they looked real hard or fairly at all applicants.

Hire someone on a temp basis or did HR think they were going to get amnesty someday? It's no sweat off their ass if they have to leave anyway.

There will be plenty legals to fill the positions for Apple. They are struggling financially, I guess.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Bummer for Cook.

You do realize, that you answered with nothing that made any sense. The cold hearted nature of you folks fighting DACA just absolutely amazes me, tells me there are a lot of things not right in this world, and you are most of em

Good thing laws are not made from feelings.

Imagine what the world would be like if that was the case.

Why didn't I make sense?

I'm supposed to feel bad for Apple or the people they hired?

They both knew it was temporary.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Applicants aren't supposed to be looked at fairly. Certain people are better than others. If you believe in the concepts of free markets and competition, then the only one to blame for not getting a job is yourself, because you weren't competitive enough.

That applies to all fields.

I think it's pathetic that people who claim to support the idea of capitalism, want to legislate away their job competition because they can't compete.

The oldest dreamers are 26 years old, most are around 18. It's a bunch of kids... pretty sad if an adult can't make themselves more desirable for a job.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Bummer for Cook.

I really do not believe that you are as stupid as you present yourself. If Cook, Zuckerberg, and other are presenting this, that you are going to deny it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Bummer for Cook.

Good thing laws are not made from feelings.

Imagine what the world would be like if that was the case.

Why didn't I make sense?

I'm supposed to feel bad for Apple or the people they hired?

They both knew it was temporary.

You have straight up identified yourself to ATS, might as well find a new name.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

We have hit a new low when politicians feel the need to protect illegal immigrants over their own lawful constituents.

Are you a native American, if not, chances are you or your ancestors, were not legal immigrants. None of mine were, some in the 1600's and some in the 1800's.

Ugh, no. Just NO.

It's not like the wigwams had signs posted or the tribes had ports of entry!

Where do you get this stuff?

It might have something to do with actually being educated. My 9th G-Grandfather entered NA with a land grant from the King of England. He went on to become a Judge on the New Jersey Colony Supreme Court.

Whoopdee-phukin-do!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

We have hit a new low when politicians feel the need to protect illegal immigrants over their own lawful constituents.

Are you a native American, if not, chances are you or your ancestors, were not legal immigrants. None of mine were, some in the 1600's and some in the 1800's.

Ugh, no. Just NO.

It's not like the wigwams had signs posted or the tribes had ports of entry!

Where do you get this stuff?

It might have something to do with actually being educated. My 9th G-Grandfather entered NA with a land grant from the King of England. He went on to become a Judge on the New Jersey Colony Supreme Court.

Whoopdee-phukin-do!

I guess this makes you a celebrity, you have no argument, so will make a smart ass response. Hooray for you, has defined you for the rest of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join