It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The President has reportedly decided to end the DACA (Dreamers) policy of former President Obama. Trump is keeping his word.

Via Politico

President Donald Trump has decided to end the Obama-era program that grants work permits to undocumented immigrants who arrived in the country as children, according to two sources familiar with his thinking. Senior White House aides huddled Sunday afternoon to discuss the rollout of a decision likely to ignite a political firestorm — and fulfill one of the president’s core campaign promises.

edit on 3-9-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

edit on 3-9-2017 by Tempter because: Adding link

However, there will be a six month delay...

In a nod to reservations held by many lawmakers, the White House plans to delay the enforcement of the president’s decision for six months, giving Congress a window to act, according to one White House official. But a senior White House aide said that chief of staff John Kelly, who has been running the West Wing policy process on the issue, “thinks Congress should’ve gotten its act together a lot longer ago.”

edit on 3-9-2017 by Tempter because: Adding quote

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He may be "ending" it, but since the speculations are based on :

""according to two sources familiar with his thinking""

We really don't know.

He might just "modify" the current executive action started by Obama.

Supposedly, they will make the "official" announcements Tuesday.

Lots of pros and cons involved.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such an underwhelming occasion!
edit on 9/3/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He may be "ending" it, but since the speculations are based on :

""according to two sources familiar with his thinking""

We really don't know.

He might just "modify" the current executive action started by Obama.

Supposedly, they will make the "official" announcements Tuesday.

Lots of pros and cons involved.

Politico would be putting quite a bit on the line if they didn't trust the sources. I'm thinking this leak is valid and the horrid program has ended. We're just waiting for the official announcement now, but, if you arewere a Trump supporter, it's time to pop the champagne!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is truly a great day in American history, Trump has undone something that affected no one other than the ones having their permits taken away.

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such an underwhelming occasion!

If nothing will change, you don't have a reason to complain.
If you complain is because something already changed and you don't like it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Starting riots and "firestorms"? Thanks Trump! Wow, he's doing a great job of bringing everyone together.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Wow, nothing will change after this at all, we need to celebrate such a huge occasion! Trump train choo choo!

Your attempt to downplay the significance of this will be overshadowed by the firestorm come Tuesday, possibly tomorrow.

This is a YUUUGE deal and I expect the Alt-Left to riot and rage over this.

Again, this is no small potatoes.

This will not be an alt-left outrage, this will be an outrage by ordinary citizens. High Tech has come out against it, this may be the storm that takes the precious leader down.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

This law had no effect on me at all, I'm just pointing out how overhyped this whole thing is. Absolutely nothing will change for 99.9999% of the population, I don't see how that's such a huge win.

The ones who had work permits paid federal income tax, the products they bought have sales/state taxes attached to them. How exactly is this such a good thing?
edit on 9/3/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Starting riots and "firestorms"? Thanks Trump! Wow, he's doing a great job of bringing everyone together.

Trump won't be the "ones" starting fires and riots.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oftentimes the dreamers are actually grown men, they get sent all over the US to sanctuary locations which in many cases are criminal rings. It is not as cut and dry as people think, there are harsh criminal realities happening and President TRump is in the know, and trying to make changes that will keep everyone safer in the long run.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump knows that, that's why he did it. He constantly stirs the pot, such a great unifier!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I thought you guys were big on the letter of the Constitution. The 14th Amendment:

The policy stems from the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The 1868 text states, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Or is it only the parts that you believe in personally?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Smart.

If congress makes DACA a law, then everyone can stay.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week.

Tell me, what did the "Dreamers" children do before Obama's executive order? Were they dying in agony somewhere?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Smart.

If congress makes DACA a law, then everyone can stay.

Yup. And he can blame congress, and claim he kept his promise to his voters, and everything remains the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I must admit that I haven't heard of DACA until an ATS Thread was started on the subject last week.

Tell me, what did the "Dreamers" children do before Obama's executive order? Were they dying in agony somewhere?

No, they were just being American citizens like the rest of us. Mostly in school, but also working, sometimes two jobs to pay for school. They were raised here from babes. They are Americans. Some of them have never been to Mexico, and don't even speak the language. This is a disgrace for our country.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump won't be the "ones" starting fires and riots.

The idiots who whine, and incite violence, should focus on finding someone to beat President Trump in 2020. If they prefer violence over gaining power via elections, THEY should be deported.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 9/3/2017 by carewemust because: double post

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: carewemust

No, they were just being American citizens like the rest of us. Mostly in school, but also working, sometimes two jobs to pay for school. They were raised here from babes. They are Americans. Some of them have never been to Mexico, and don't even speak the language. This is a disgrace for our country.

If they were born here, they are citizens. What's the problem?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join