It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Leaker Sends Trump’s Inauguration Letter from Obama to Trump-Hating CNN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

How did someone trump showed it to get a copy?

Did he leave them alone with it so they could snap a picture?

Do you realize how easy it is to snap pictures without people knowing these days? All you need is 5seconds. And for all we know he probably had a video rolling over it. And no shutter sound.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Letter,

Dear Mr. President -

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

Keeping it classy! I don't see how this letter's exposure bashed Trump.
edit on 3-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's an article from the World Class New York Times, about the last administration, leaks are not just something that only President Trump has had to deal with:

Asked about leaks during a news conference on June 8, President Obama said, “The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information is offensive.”

Administration Took Accidental Path to Setting Record for Leak Cases

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

How does somebody "get a copy" if they only "saw" it ?

Photographic memory.

My dad had a photographic memory. He could look at a page of text and write down every word of that page afterwords.

He lost this ability when he got older. But, he could still remember things he read when he was a young man, especially poetry.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Where do you see anything "bashing" Trump at all? I thought the letter was quite nice, and I thought Trump's response to it was quite nice as well. If anything the "bashing" was restricted to Obama who never answered Trump's phone call.

The spin some people put on things....Geeez.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Yeah well I kinda questioned that myself in the OP didn't I.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I wonder what scandal they're trying to cover up this time...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If anything the "bashing" was restricted to Obama who never answered Trump's phone call.

Can you expand on this? Do you have a source? I think you're confusing Barack Obama with Preet Bharara.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wait . What ? If Trump only showed it to someone , how did the someone leak it ? Wouldnt that mean the person would have to had obtained a copy ? Not just being shown ? Someone must have had an eidetic memory . Or is just spouting sh** because they can...
Sheldon did it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
did the letter mention melanias shoes? cause thats what the useless media seems to care about

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait . What ? If Trump only showed it to someone , how did the someone leak it ? Wouldnt that mean the person would have to had obtained a copy ? Not just being shown ? Someone must have had an eidetic memory . Or is just spouting sh** because they can...
Sheldon did it.

Hopefully he was smart enough to show slightly different letters to these people so that he would know who the leak was after.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Other president letters from the past took years before they got released.
Once they do get released they become a type of historical document.

Maybe trump "leaked" it this early to destroy it's historical significance.
This letter will now forever be tainted with the fact that it was leaked.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Amen to that
My personal view is Trump is not very political , but he was elected . The media treats him worse than Reagan .

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Maybe Obama leaked it so he would look better in the eyes of the world as the caring philosopher.
edit on Mon Sep 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Steve Bannon leaked it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yeah well I kinda questioned that myself in the OP didn't I.

Not really...you put a spin on it like "bashing" was the original purpose. Which it clearly wasn't. It was actually a light hearted article. No idea why you used the word "bash."

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If anything the "bashing" was restricted to Obama who never answered Trump's phone call.

Can you expand on this? Do you have a source? I think you're confusing Barack Obama with Preet Bharara.

Did you not read the article? Trump called Obama and his staff a few times, ostensibly to say "thanks" for the note...but after messages were left, Obama reportedly never returned the phone call.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

First of all, the letter doesn't bash Trump at all. It's a typical letter that I would expect.

Second, if you want to call it a "Leak" then clearly the leaker, once again, is Trump. I mean he's the one who showed it around to other people right??? So like always, the big secret leaker in the WH that your all looking for is Trump.

That seems to be the pattern if you look back so far.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Did you not read the article? Trump called Obama and his staff a few times, ostensibly to say "thanks" for the note...but after messages were left, Obama reportedly never returned the phone call.

I've read the article and I don't see any such claim. Please site the passage that explains how Trump called Obama and he refused or ignored the call.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Why does it have to be black vs white? I'm going off of the changes he made, not the color of his skin. You make this about the color of his skin.
edit on Mon Sep 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join