It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great sign given to the Last Generation from our Lord.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: ketsuko

Since when were the original biblical texts written in Greek? As far as I know Revelation is pre-Christian the original language would be Hebrew, which makes your point pretty mute.

All the New Testament books were written in Greek (except for a few Aramaic words).

The Revelation of Jesus Christ was written by St John some time after all the other writers of the New Testament books had been martyred, and so was probably the last 'official' one written, probably more than 60 years after Jesus was crucified.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Since when were the original biblical texts written in Greek? As far as I know Revelation is pre-Christian the original language would be Hebrew, which makes your point pretty mute.

They were not written in Greek. They were translated first to Greek , then to German , then to English...and I may have omitted Latin somewhere down the line.

The original languages were Hebrew and Aramaic.

Nope.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

On the charts I've seen repeatedly the sun is right where it needs to be. Basically on Virgo's shoulder. The twelve starts are in Leo. The 9 normal ones and then 3 planets lined up with the sun. Moon at her feet. Etc.

What chart are you looking at??

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

They were not written in Greek. They were translated first to Greek , then to German , then to English...and I may have omitted Latin somewhere down the line.

Nope.

Nope back at ya .
??? WTF ?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Nope.

Nope back at ya .
??? WTF ?

Hebrew Gospel hypothesis From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly, nope.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The New Testament was written in Greek.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

On the charts I've seen repeatedly the sun is right where it needs to be. Basically on Virgo's shoulder. The twelve starts are in Leo. The 9 normal ones and then 3 planets lined up with the sun. Moon at her feet. Etc.

What chart are you looking at??

The one at the top post. The Sun is shown at the 'shoulder' of Virgo in the drawing around the sign, but it is well outside the actual constellation stars.

It really depends upon how you draw the outline of the Virgin as to if it is outside or inside the constellation.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It's close enough and still bathes it in the sun during it's path across the sky. Especially with all the other stuff falling into place as well, like Jupiter in the womb, the additional 3 planets making the crown possible, etc. The sun may not be all the way in Virgo but it's still there.

Besides, it's no fun if you don't play along. Other than more politics this is the best topic right now.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think I remarked on this thing elsewhere on the forums that when it comes to what you think of this, YMMV.

I am watching it like I watch all of these. I'm not terribly fussed about it. I'm ready whatever comes, so whether it is or it isn't makes little difference to me and I'm not suffering much undue anxiety.

I simply find it fascinating.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What's YMMV??

Yeah, well I'm sure you already know I'm not one to buy into prophecy much myself.

But like you I find it interesting. It's like watching a sci-fy thriller movie that's real in real time.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Nope.

Nope back at ya .
??? WTF ?

Hebrew Gospel hypothesis From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly, nope.

Did you not read my post or your own link ?
Hebraic and Aramaic (which technically can be interposed.
Gosh , stop with the "holier than thou" attitude . It doesnt become you a bit....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

Revelation is not "dot to dot" star games. Another false prophesy bites the dust!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko & a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah I got that...now. I'm not that much into the bible and such since I am one of those who doubts Jesus existed and look at it more like a remake of the Horus story.
Greek is right, anyhoo I am still pretty confident that "appears in heaven" is used to describe "god takes notice of". But ...I'm obviously not always right.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It's an abbreviation for "your mileage may vary" simply meaning you may place more or less importance on it then I might.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Even those languages have multiple words that could be translated in the English word heaven.

Look, Spanish has this same problem when you translate English to Spanish.

There are multiple words in English that technically only translate to the same Spanish word, but they have really very different meanings and connotations in English. In order to do a good translation, it's all about the language you use around the one Spanish word, but even then, the translation is not perfect.

This is the same. That's why there is so much argument over which English Bible translation is the best version. In the Old Testament, you are talking about having translated from Hebrew and in the New, primarily Greek. In no place is the translation perfect, and that's why people who really want to study often end up learning at least a little about both Hebrew and Greek or gaining familiarity with Strong's Concordance.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I didn't want to post such comment, but now I have to.

The solar eclipse mans, that whoever is watching the solar eclipse, goes there watching it, is not enlightened. That is simple. I don't know the purpose of it. Probably, God is interested in people who are not enlightened.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Nuclear war?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Um.... It wasn't Jesus that gave us any of this....

Soo....?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not too sure about this account being a prophesied great conjunction in Revelation but Jesus did say some interesting things about what happens in the heavens before his return.

Sun and moon become dark and heavenly bodies shaken. - Matthew 24:29
Signs in sun, moon and stars with perplexing of nations due to roaring of seas and strange tides. - Luke 21:25

The comments Jesus made are based upon what Isaiah, Joel and Amos already said about the last day. Joel is the only person who said the moon would turn red.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

Much of Revelation also fits with the book of Daniel which contains a lot of prophecy about the same times. Basically, there are a lot of prophecies about the end of days, especially the Day of the Lord, scattered throughout the prophets from both old and new testaments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join