It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Shepherd To Suspend Pursuit Of Japanese Whalers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
One of the few legitimate environmental causes I support (ending the barbaric practice of whaling) is coming to an end. Those who profit from the barbaric practice of butchering whales appears to have won. Sad times indeed.

www.cnn.com...

Sea Shepherd, the environmental group famous for tracking, exposing and occasionally ramming Japanese whalers, says it can no longer compete with them on the high seas.

In a statement Monday, the group's founder Paul Watson said "Japan is now employing military surveillance to watch Sea Shepherd ship movements in real time by satellite," making it nearly impossible for them to intercept them.
"We cannot compete with their military grade technology."

Japan announced new research program, under which it would kill up to 333 Antarctic minke whales each year. The country's Ministry of Fisheries said the program is necessary to study the best methods of managing minke populations.
In January, Australia said it was "deeply disappointed" by Japan's decision to keep whaling and reiterated its opposition to "all forms of commercial and so-called 'scientific' whaling."

edit on Sun Sep 3 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
At least they are going to stop polluting the ocean with the boat , KARMA !

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I support the aims of the Sea Shepherd organisation, especially the protection of whales. I went off Greenpeace when they became overtly political.

This is what they said...

What we discovered is that Japan is now employing military surveillance to watch Sea Shepherd ship movements in real time by satellite and if they know where our ships are at any given moment, they can easily avoid us.

Sea Shepherd

Hopefully, it's only a matter of time before Japan stops the practice, but to note the Japanese are not the only country that hunts whales. Also to note that the environmental degradation of the oceans is a real worry, and we can look at the industrial fishing over exploitation of fish as the nail in the coffin for our seas.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
At least they are going to stop polluting the ocean with the boat , KARMA !

Sorry if it's not what you want to hear, but I just don't get the save the 🐳 thing when people who paid there taxes , worked all there life and are living in poverty.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Are you getting speared on your way to work as part of an organisms deceitful lie that they are studying your population to better control it?

Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I support the aims of the Sea Shepherd organisation, especially the protection of whales. I went off Greenpeace when they became overtly political.

This is what they said...

What we discovered is that Japan is now employing military surveillance to watch Sea Shepherd ship movements in real time by satellite and if they know where our ships are at any given moment, they can easily avoid us.

Sea Shepherd

Hopefully, it's only a matter of time before Japan stops the practice, but to note the Japanese are not the only country that hunts whales. Also to note that the environmental degradation of the oceans is a real worry, and we can look at the industrial fishing over exploitation of fish as the nail in the coffin for our seas.

They should have satellite info to track the whalers from the US gubment, haha.

Sadly the us is too busy busy harpooning nations.

Environmental pollution threatens the marine environment more than over fishing. Despite over fishing, fish stocks eventually replenish naturally, if they aren't poisoned that is.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: Denoli

Are you getting speared on your way to work as part of an organisms deceitful lie that they are studying your population to better control it?

Didn't think so.

WTF who gets speared on there way to work ?
I Just don't get the , let's screw the planet and save the whales part .

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

As much as I don't agree with Japan's whaling for "research" especially when whale meat ends up on dinner plates (in the name of gastronomic research?) I never agreed with Animal Planets promoting of the Sea Shepherd and Bob Barker's overly aggressive acts on those whaling vessels.

As for Japan...it's quite shameful that they feel the need to harvest whales. Besides what type of "research" are they really doing? Sustainability?

scientific american says it's not useful

what have we learned?

It really seems like they're only lining their own pockets...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is why they need to patrol the waters and fire on whaling ships if they do not stop. Also give the anti whalers satellite jamming technology to use against the Japanese. We can arm them but let them do the dirty work.

Hey i know lets give the sea shepard crew a arleigh burk for a ship.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sadly it's probably because they're all going to die anyway - the whales.

The ocean is toast.

peace

top topics

join