It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seoul: N. Korea believed to have conducted 6th nuclear (hydrogen) test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Would China get pissy if South Korea was given nukes? How about Russia would they get pissed? What if Japan had nukes?
I'm just curious what the next move is. Do we do nothing. Do we stop buying so much from China? They are not really helping much. Say they are but are they? You mean to tell me they didn't know Kim was going to do this?
Wow I just seen China and Russia are condemning this test. That is going to help. Their spoiled little brat kid got his hydrogen bomb.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: intrptr

Seismic activity is also looked at and even more so in regions that arent seismically active and that contain nuke testing facilities. We have detection planes in the region so im sure its only a matter of time before the particles are detected.

However how do you rectify your propaganda theory with Russia and China reporting the same thing? China stated they detected the seismic activity as well.

as for your metal cone comment its easy to prove you wrong when Un himself is making the claims as to what they are.

An earthquake is an earthquake until proven otherwise. The rest is hear / say. But I get the ratcheting up of tensions and flooding the airwaves, " nuke this, test that, OMG Hydrogen!" propaganda avalanche by the ATS warmonger crowd.

Where did I say "metal cone"?

Edit: Heres a thread on a quake here in the US. Lets see how quick people are to declare its nuclear testing... not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure the quake watchers of ATS will be able to show us how this is different than a typical quake, if it is indeed a test.

Thats easy...

comparison chart

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I dont think either country would like it however the fundamental difference is the governments in those countries as compared to N. Korea.

When you see your population (as N. Korea does) as expendable whose only purpose is to give complete loyalty and maximum effort to Un it becomes problematic. They are brainwashed to die for their dear leader and that mentality is dangerous. MAD kept nuclear powers in check during the cold war. N. Korea's, imo, mindset is they would have no issues with starting a war regardless of how many of their civilians are killed because of it.

As for Russia and China - they need to decide what is worse. An unstable nuclear armed dictator on their borders or a unified Korea under Seoul on their borders. It is apparent neither China nor Russia have any sway on Un, complicating the matter.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

And you are aware that NK has been threatening to strike other countries, right?

Thanks for fitting the stereotype yet again.

Korea is threatening no-one. On the other hand US military occupies half the Korean Peninsula for decades, thousands of miles from the Continental Unite States, levies blockades, embargoes and now sanctions on their countries economy, let alone threat posturing with carrier groups, flights of B1 and B2 bombers, THADD missiles, demonizing the Koreans in the world press, etc, etc.

"I swear to God your honor, he was going to hit me, so I had to 'hit hm back', first, is not self defense.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thats easy...

Not so clearcut:

Spectro MDJ: Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang Province, China

Waveform

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

They are brainwashed to die for their dear leader and that mentality is dangerous.

Every country uses Nationalism to protect itself, especially those threatened by a superpower, namely the rogue US military.

[snip]

MAD kept nuclear powers in check during the cold war. N. Korea's, imo, mindset is they would have no issues with starting a war regardless of how many of their civilians are killed because of it.

MAD didn't check US aggression, US uses nuclear threat as the big stick, and the US is the one starting wars, not Korea. They have just as much right to deter US aggression as every other hapless country the US has invaded and destroyed.

With nukes even. Doesn't that just make you MAD?

edit on 3-9-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

edit on 9/3/2017 by eriktheawful because: removed insulting name calling.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This is a significant escalation, but I still say we should wait until Kim Jong shoots first. He knows that launching a live nuclear missile will be the end of North Korea.

As a reminder we are still at war with N. Korea. The Korean war only ended in a cease fire.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Enough

For some of you: KNOCK OFF THE INSULTS

or your posts will get removed, and your posting rights will be removed.

Get it?
Got it?

Good.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Seismic activity is also looked at and even more so in regions that arent seismically active and that contain nuke testing facilities. We have detection planes in the region so im sure its only a matter of time before the particles are detected.

However how do you rectify your propaganda theory with Russia and China reporting the same thing? China stated they detected the seismic activity as well.

as for your metal cone comment its easy to prove you wrong when Un himself is making the claims as to what they are.

An earthquake is an earthquake until proven otherwise. The rest is hear / say. But I get the ratcheting up of tensions and flooding the airwaves, " nuke this, test that, OMG Hydrogen!" propaganda avalanche by the ATS warmonger crowd.

Where did I say "metal cone"?

Edit: Heres a thread on a quake here in the US. Lets see how quick people are to declare its nuclear testing... not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A waveform for an earthquake and a waveform for an explosion are two different waveforms in appearance. An earthquake has a pressure wave followed by a seismic wave. An explosion has a very distinct (sudden and sharp) pressure wave signature, and either lacks a seismic one or has an extremely subdued one.

Borrowing Violet's upload from the "North Korea claims to have hydrogen bomb for long-range missile" thread to illustrate.

That is how people can tell the difference between the two. if you want a screen grab of the waveform from the H-bomb overnight, I highly suggest you PM TrueAmerican or Puterman and ask nicely for one. They have the software set-ups to easily get that & post. Or just wait for TA to post it, he likely will at some point today.

I'm aware of the difference between man made and natural quakes. I posted the chart you did here before reading your post, and repost yours for others to understand that measurement of radiation from a test is the only way to be sure. Nuclear devices have very specific fallout signatures, conjecture about nuclear or conventional or not is not 'solid proof' a device was tested.

Even if it eventually turns out to be, Korea is testing devices to protect itself in case the US attacks, which it probably won't because of Mutually Assured Destruction. US has never attacked a country with a nuclear weapons deterrent.

Doesn't that just make you MAD?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor

Thats easy...

Not so clearcut:

Spectro MDJ: Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang Province, China

Waveform

If thats the charted waveform that is not a nuclear device test.

But you could explain why you think that recording is a nuclear test.

I'll tell you why its not.

The initial hi spike is missing, the signal grows in strength, nukes taper off, the duration is longer than expected for just a device.

Are there charts of after shocks, by the by?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And you are aware that NK has been threatening to strike other countries, right?

Korea is threatening no-one.

Come again? Try next time after you've something useful to say. God all you do is defy logic.

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea on Thursday threatened to attack American military bases in Japan and on the Pacific island of Guam

After US President George W Bush labelled it part of the "axis of evil" in 2002, Pyongyang said it would "mercilessly wipe out the aggressors".

In June 2012 the army warned that artillery was aimed at seven South Korean media groups and threatened a "merciless sacred war".

North Korean troops launched an artillery strike on South Korea's Yeonpyeong Island, just south of the NLL. Two South Korean marines and two civilians were killed.

[SNIP]

Once again...
edit on 9/3/2017 by eriktheawful because: Stop with the name calling

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Come again? (snip)

Whom has North Korea attacked? And the US? lulz

Come again, indeed.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Come again? (snip)

Whom has North Korea attacked? And the US? lulz

Come again, indeed.

Lulz you said they didn't 'threaten' anyone.

Bzzt. change the goal posts all you like.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

Putin & Xi agree to ‘appropriately deal’ with N. Korea nuclear test –

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They haven't.

They are the ones being victimized by the US, as your posts exemplify.

Victim Blaming is bully tactics. Justification bullies use progresses like this:

You better watch it or you're going to get it.

This is for your own good.

Look what you made me do.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

They haven't.

They are the ones being victimized by the US, as your posts exemplify.

Victim Blaming is bully tactics. Justification bullies use progresses like this:

You better watch it or you're going to get it.

This is for your own good.

Look what you made me do.

And NK with it's tyrannical glorious leader is such a victim. Poor little guy, we should send him a bouquet.

I just have no words to say. what planet do you live on?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Would China get pissy if South Korea was given nukes? How about Russia would they get pissed? What if Japan had nukes?
I'm just curious what the next move is. Do we do nothing. Do we stop buying so much from China? They are not really helping much. Say they are but are they? You mean to tell me they didn't know Kim was going to do this?
Wow I just seen China and Russia are condemning this test. That is going to help. Their spoiled little brat kid got his hydrogen bomb.

I would give Taiwan nukes.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A state of war has existed between North and South Korea since 1950 when North Korea invaded South Korea, and has not ended, and exists today.

1953 did not end the war. It was only a armistice. No peace treaty was agreed upon and signed.

The start of the Korean war involved the UN peacekeeping forces, the bulk of which was made up by the USA (of course). Since the armistice was signed, the US has maintained a presence in S. Korea at the invite of the South Koreans.

There have been a number of border incidences since the signing of that armistice:

List of border incidents

The vast bulk of the incidents involve North Korea starting something.

North Korea has made a multitude of threats towards South Korea since the 1950s, along with the United States, but the list does not stop there. they have issued threats against several other countries.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I was just thinking the same thing.That would change the way other parts of the world are viewing this situation.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This is a significant escalation, but I still say we should wait until Kim Jong shoots first.

Dumbest idea ever.

He's going to do it. It only matters how big we're going to let it get.

Best idea: Pre-emptive destruction of the little yapping dog and ... whatever has been holding its leash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join