It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
That's nice, Kim. We have nukes too...

Yeah so let's everyone start throwing nukes, right? This bravado really annoys me, altogether now "U.S.A, U.S.A, U.SA", gimme a break.

This is like a fight in the school playground where KJ is the new kid trying to get everyone to pay attention to him, Trump is the big dog on campus and everyone with the 'bring it on and see what happens' attitude are those guys who think they're tough but hide begind the big dog. It's really sad...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

who cares that NK will cease to exist in a justified retaliation strike, if USA is turned to a 18th century country via EMP as the least possible scenario?
edit on 3-9-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

That's a bold claim to make, I for one wouldn't want to take that risk.

No one will take that risk. NK entrance into the select club of nuclear armed countries is a direct consequence of strong US pressure on them. Now they have access to MAD as a deterrent. If the pressure were to disappear, I bet NK would get rid of this program within a decade as maintaining nuclear weapons require an awfull amount of resources, and this country is awfully poor...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

MAD is long not what it used to be. Now the hair-trigerred alert is no more 15 minutes, the time the attacked country has to fire its own missiles at the attacker. Now the alert is less than 120 seconds, said the Russian general chief of missile forces. For that short time, only computers can retaliate. Either we enter the era of Skynet, or MAD is dead.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Kromlech
That's nice, Kim. We have nukes too...

Yeah so let's everyone start throwing nukes, right? This bravado really annoys me, altogether now "U.S.A, U.S.A, U.SA", gimme a break.

This is like a fight in the school playground where KJ is the new kid trying to get everyone to pay attention to him, Trump is the big dog on campus and everyone with the 'bring it on and see what happens' attitude are those guys who think they're tough but hide begind the big dog. It's really sad...

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

MAD is long not what it used to be. Now the hair-trigerred alert is no more 15 minutes, the time the attacked country has to fire its own missiles at the attacker. Now the alert is less than 120 seconds, said the Russian general chief of missile forces. For that short time, only computers can retaliate. Either we enter the era of Skynet, or MAD is dead.

You forget the second wave launched from submarine untouched from first wave of attack.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Yes, NK is poor, but, say Iran, was subsidizing NK nuke research, everyone is looking at NK when Iran suddenly has nuke drones. This is a shiny rock, a distraction. War is deception.
Something is going on, bigger than the information we have currently.
edit on 3-9-2017 by thedigirati because: lazy fingers

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: modified device
I wonder if he has the testicular fortitude to actually carry out a strike against Guam like he was saying he would. He said he had a Hydrogen bomb and he proved it,think he is going to prove Guam as well?

I don't think he needs a hydrogen bomb to attack Guam. After all, Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) thinks the island is ready to tip over and capsize due to over population. All l'il kimmy would have to do is park his chubby butt on the edge of the island and over it goes...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Yes, NK is poor, but, say Iran, was subsidizing NK nuke research, everyone is looking at NK when Iran suddenly has nuke drones. This is a shiny rock, a distraction. War is deception.
Something is going on, bigger then the information we have currently.

We all knew that keeping that genie in the bottle would not last eternity. As technology advance, more and more small countries, maybe with somes help, will procure nuclear weapons.

We will have to live in a world were nuclear weapons are everywhere and sometimes used.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
Here a conversion table:

Kelly Kiloton Index of Earthquake Moment Magnitudes

2.8MT

Nice link / find.

6.3 = 4 megatons

In just a few minutes I've read media reports of 50-60 Kilotons to 100 kilotons to 1 megaton.

So...what is the true answer? Can't rely on media for precise info....they will just go with whatever sound bit sounds good. How accurate is KKI? I dunno.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: modified device

I'm with Trump on this, there is no talking anymore as Lil Kim won't listen.

As much as some of us don't like Trump as do I, I agree with his rhetoric-screw with the US you are gonna get burned. However Trump's overt bragging could lead to NK being assimilated into China which is why the head honcho's in China might be holding their tongue-they want NK back.

If I was the head of the US military I'd send a drone, take surveillance photos from a UAV and send said photos to Lil Kim with the foot mark 'we can see you, you pudgy little prick.' But that's my opinion.

edit on 3-9-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't think it needs saying but I am gonna play Captain Obvious for a second...this whole topic is so beyond sickening.....

...I mean that as it's a complete joke how people from the present look back at the Inquisitions, impalings in Wallachia, Henry the VIII, Maya human sacrificing, gladiators and the Crusades and think, "good golly Moses, boy were THEY violent uncivilized brutes in that day and age, good thing we have become wise and enlightened..."

....yet we are sitting here gabbing about one man and if the weapon he has (like thousands of others in human hands) is one that would flash and then incinerate every living thing and obliterate all evidence they ever existed, melt rock, and turn metal into strings of scrap by releasing a giant ball of fire with the heat and energy of 11 suns or just 8 suns upon the people it lands on...and those miles and miles away from it...not to mention kilimg tens of thousands of people all over the planet with the whole polluting every inch of the world with invisible airborne and waterborne poisons for 100 years to come thing.

The Matrix so had it right about us as a species now that we have reached these numbers, this technological stage, and have allowed a handful of evil people to create the supposed "need" for such things (in a fakeout of a war which we usually learn years later was actually just a staged money grab to keep a few peoples bank accounts at amounts they didn't even have concept of such numbers existing throughout most of human history- BI-llions, TRI-llions, or expressing it in older monies adjusting for inflation what would take at least TETR-illions/QUADR-illions if not PENT-illions/QUINT-illions to match).....

AND THAT IS THAT if you consider the planet as a whole itself a biological organism of sorts, we match the definition of a virus it has caught under our current conditions more than that of a random species of animal like all the others merely existing on it...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What 100 tons of TNT looks like and explosion. 0.1 kiloton.

10x of what is on video = kiloton.

1000x of what is on video = 100 kilotons = recent NK explosion?

or is it even bigger, in the megaton range?

edit on 3-9-2017 by dontneedaname because: spelling fix

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

So...what is the true answer? Can't rely on media for precise info....they will just go with whatever sound bit sounds good. How accurate is KKI? I dunno.

Here the webpage of the guy, It seem serious.

It’s Kelly versus Richter, or earthquakes for dummies

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

f I was the head of the US military I'd send a drone, take surveillance photos from a UAV and send said photos to Lil Kim with the foot mark 'we can see you, you pudgy little prick.' But that's my opinion.

Sending a drone there is pure agression if it's below official space altitude of 100km.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor

Here the webpage of the guy, It seem serious.

It’s Kelly versus Richter, or earthquakes for dummies

There's a discrepancy in the table....

www.english.ucla.edu...

www.english.ucla.edu...

The line is off by 1...so 6.3 = 2.8 MT or 4 MT.

This is bad proofreading which makes me suspect of these numbers / analysis. Let's not assign too much credence just because it says UCLA.
The summary at the top on both shows 6.3 = 2.8 MT.

Am I looking at this correctly?
edit on 3-9-2017 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The table in the second link seem to miss some(s) CR/LF, I mean end of line marker.

Table linked from Kelly webpage does not have such formatting errors.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ok, I see the table is off, missing a carriage return....so, yes, your initial assessment of 6.3 = 2.8 MT is correct. Formatting error.

Ok..so media reports of "consensus" = 100 kiltons vs this. Quite a difference.

www.ndtv.com...

Its fifth detonation, in September last year, caused a 5.3 magnitude quake and according to Seoul had a 10-kiloton yield -- still less than the 15-kiloton US device which destroyed Hiroshima in 1945.

According to KKI 5.3 = 90 kilotons.

Major discrepancy....

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Major discrepancy....

I'm puzzled as you are! But it would not be the first time that big media tell us some amplified rumors from twitter, propaganda or simply pure invented lie.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Found this organization from Norway - called Norsar on CNBC link.

CNBC

.... Norsar, which works to verify compliance wtih the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

Norsar (Facebook)

Norsar Press Releases

Norwegians tend to be more truthful (See Transparency Int'l rankings).

NORSAR has recorded signals from an underground nuclear test explosion conducted by North Korea at its Punggye-ri test site on 3 September 2017. NORSAR has estimated the explosive yield at 120 kilotons TNT, based on a seismic magnitude of 5.8.In comparison, the explosive yield of the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima on 6 August 1945 was estimated at 15 kilotons TNT, while the bomb dropped on Nagasaki three days later was 20 kilotons TNT.

But USGS is pretty accurate...and they revised upwards from 5.6 to 6.3.

So 5.8 (Norsar) or 6.3 (USGS) magnitude? If we just say 6.0 for sake of argument.... So...based on this...at a minimum....something in the HUNDREDS of kilotons or more if you accept the KKI table.

edit on 3-9-2017 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join