It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEC football and roast beef

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
College football time equals sandwich time! This is a killer rub for making amazing roast beef sandwiches.

What you need is:
A sheet tray
A roasting rack
Thermometer
Beef
Patience

Here's the rub

12 oz black pepper course ground.
4 oz coriander course grind
1.5 oz dried thyme
1 oz mustard powder
1.5 lbs Worcester sauce
12 oz grapeseed oil

Combine all ingredients.

It's just a rub. Rub your beef with a good amount of salt on both sides. Then use grapeseed oil and coat the entire beef so it has a good amount of oil. Now apply the rub evenly and liberally but not to heavy where it will cake up.

Place the beef on a sheet tray with a roasting rack in a 300 degree oven. Depending on the size of your beast it could take up to 3 1/2 hours until you reach the desired temp of 110.

Pull the beef and place it if you can in your fridge or someplace to cool it. Let it rest! Let it rest for a good few hours if not overnight. You want this roast beef to slice perfectly.

Voila, a beautiful roast beef for slicing.

This pic was taken in my kitchen after I sliced it and brought it home from work

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am definitely a Southerner . As much as it gets and have always been . But I am also a Wolverine till the end . Can I indulge as well ?

edit on 9/2/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Eat my friend! Eat all the world and drink till your hearts delight. Meats and football for everyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Looks good! Then, a good roast always looks good to me!

Love the stuff. Sounds like a nice rub to try sometime.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, it's nice. You should definitely give it a go.

I've been using just black pepper, coriander and salt on my steaks recently. I love that taste.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
That looks good. We should start a football food thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do it, I'll contribute. I have a few recipes.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That really looks awesome can you tell me what type of cut of beef you used and what poundage?
I always seem to have a problem taking a great recipe and buying the wrong cut of meat and the weight.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Awesome! Just need some crusty rolls and horseradish sauce. I like Woeber's.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

This is an entire top round roast. I usually cook off 6 once a week. The poundage doesn't so much matter as does the temp. It is also tied up and can post a great video later after work about the butchers knot.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
... and can post a great video later after work about the butchers knot.

That would be a great instructional video. Should also do one on trussing a bird since most people don't know why or how you should do this.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yeah, it's nice. You should definitely give it a go.

I've been using just black pepper, coriander and salt on my steaks recently. I love that taste.

Never tried the coriander; will have to! Always love a nice chunk of beef! I tend to use a marinade for steaks, made with Italian dressing, some garlic, etc. Roast, seasoned salt will do, or for a pot roast, even less that that!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I work at a butcher shop. In the past I've only ever worked in restaurants. Coriander is a classic butcher/beef spice. The simplicity is outstanding.

Just use half as much coriander as you do black pepper. Use a nice course grind. Don't forget the kosher salt.

top topics

join