It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: The Voters ‘Don’t Want to Hear Us Criticizing the President’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has been changing the tune about how Democrats must address President Trump and Republicans in general.

A few days ago, she seemed to be pressing for denouncement of radical groups like ANTIFA and BLM etc. etc.

Now she is saying "Voters" don't want to hear about Trump criticisms (words to that effect).

imo, looks like Democrat leaders are getting enough negative polling from their PR firms to make a sudden switch as the 2018 election campaigns start.

Perhaps they might have finally learned the 2016 Campaign slogans and name calling didn't work.

They need all the help they can get now.

Will this new effort be enough ? Or are the Democrats still tarnished ?

Nancy Pelosi: The Voters ‘Don’t Want to Hear Us Criticizing the President’

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said on Wednesday that American voters elected President Donald Trump and they don’t want to hear Democrats criticizing him, which “disrespects” their decision.

“(The voters) don’t want to hear us criticizing the president,” Pelosi said. “This was a choice; they made a decision.”

“And to criticize the president personally is to disrespect their judgment,” Pelosi said. “So I say to my members, ‘This is about what we’re going to do.’ ”

Pelosi, who was speaking to the editorial board and reporters at the Denver Post about the Democrat economic agenda before she attended a “progressive women’s event” in Denver, weighed in on a number of issues.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So she is scheming to trick voters by not criticizing the POTUS publicly when she really criticizes everything about his very existence behind closed doors.

That is very Hillary of her.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Whether you like it or not she is right. Just read the responses by the Trumpbots on this forum when anyone criticizes him.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This far out and they must be getting nervous.

Since last year we've had the media and anyone left of center calling everyone who didn't think the way they wanted to think; deplorable, Nazi, Russian colluder, white supremacist, racist, sexist, Islamophobe, Homophobe, Xenophobe. . . .

And it's just NOW that they get it that name-calling isn't working?

Really?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Whether you like it or not she is right. Just read the responses by the Trumpbots on this forum when anyone criticizes him.

I think this sudden new tactic could backfire worse than 2016.

All that's going to happen is the Republicans will keep "reminding" the public of what's already happened, not to even mention any brand new corruption getting exposed.

Big mistake imo.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've noticed the change in tunes as well. Even this CNN tweet,
Check out @CNNs Tweet: twitter.com...
...an a few others.

Interesting little fellers the left can be.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

lol, coming from you, of all people? lol now this...this is rich.

However, I do agree with the first part 🐽
edit on 2-9-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

lol, coming from you, of all people? lol now this...this is rich.

However, I do agree with the first part 🐽

Buster is the sound of sanity on the Left....the end Days are near!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I've noticed the change in tunes as well. Even this CNN tweet,
Check out @CNNs Tweet: twitter.com...
...an a few others.

Interesting little fellers the left can be.

Looks like the MSM and Democrats might be in league !!

What a surprise eh.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The untold story of the past six months is how the Democratic Party still is not for anything. They are merely the anti-Trump party.

Long before the election results, I called Trump's win for this very reason. I do not believe the electorate ever votes for a candidate or party on the basis of what they oppose, but rather on the basis of what they say they will do.

edit on 2-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's weird though, because Trump ran a campaign where he did a lot of repeatedly insulting, often quite crudely, his opponents. And it worked tremendously well for him for whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Counter punching is not the same as making your attacks your entire platform.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
The untold story of the past six months is how the Democratic Party still is not for anything.

Other then all the things they are for and you ignore. This is really the problem of Donald Trump and his supporters. Being woefully ignorant and blaming others for their ignorance.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

^^
Apparently they haven't learned anything at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Keep telling yourself that. It won't change the consequences of the Democrat's current strategy.

It seems to me Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein are starting to rethink the party's overall strategy, even if you don't agree with it.
edit on 2-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is confusing...
She seems barely literate...
Obviously she's a liar but that's the core behavior of a liberal so let's not hold that against her...it's like being mad at a fish for swimming...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

The untold story of the past six months is how the Democratic Party still is not for anything.

Other then all the things they are for and you ignore. This is really the problem of Donald Trump and his supporters. Being woefully ignorant and blaming others for their ignorance.

I'll bite, what are they for in North Korea? Immigration? The Economy? Health care? Concrete stuff man, let's hear their proposals and Bills. Being shut out of both parts of Congress doesn't mean you just give up.

How have the Democrats helped the country move forward since the election?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Pyle

Keep telling yourself that. It won't change the consequences of the Democrats current strategy.

Which one? Opposing a terrible president? Having plenty of workable plans and goals? The GOP dont want to work with or even acknowledge because failing is better for them and their whole "government is broken" mantra?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That's the thing.

If the democrats brought a candidate who was for lower taxes, fewer gun controls, smaller government, getting rid of socialized medicine, then I'd vote for him/her.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join