It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is going on at Vienna Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm waiting for a friend to arrive from Hanover, Germany here to Crete Island, Greece. Her plane has now over 90 min. delay. She just called me briefly to say that they now landed at the Vienna airport, without knowing why. She sounded somewhat scared and said that there are lots of security guards, she saw helicopters flying over and nobody is allowed to go anywhere. Even if you need to go to the toilet you are accompanied by security. I can't find anything on the news or internet nor can I reach her.

If anybody hears something, please let me know. I'll keep posting updates as soon as I know more.

ETA: Here is link from flighstats from her flight

FlightStats

You can see the plane on the map is shown over Vienna
edit on 2-9-2017 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I can find nothing. Milan airport is flooded, but besides that there is no info on any airport. Heavy security? But they wouldn't make planes land there unscheduled if there were something going on.
Must have been someone on the plane. Or a warning about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am searching all the twitter accounts of the embassies to vienna, but nothing they see fit to mention as of yet.
This list has all the embassies as well as any related accounts with the name vienna in it.
Twitter Vienna

I will shuffle through them for a few minutes and see if anybody there has spoken before superiors authorize it and delete them. Happens from time to time.
edit on 9-2-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I can find nothing. Milan airport is flooded, but besides that there is no info on any airport. Heavy security? But they wouldn't make planes land there unscheduled if there were something going on.
Must have been someone on the plane. Or a warning about it.

I can't even find something on twitter.. Somebody must have posted something. So strange! She even had to hang up, because security told her to I guess

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
First of all, Hannover, not Hanover in the former allegedly united States of America...

For the rest, don´t be too worried, you know that in these Terror-Panic times every little fart is blown up to something.
Maybe one of the passengers said accidentally something like Allahu Akbar, or somebody thought that he heard something like this.

Or a prankster called the airport and said that there might be a bomb on this plane.
I bet at the end it was nothing more than a bit of terror panic, so the people don´t forget to be afraid...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Still no news. She doesn't pick up her phone and still nothing to find online, which is so weird. They normally report stuff like that on the news. The strangest part for me is that she didn't even know why they landed in Vienna.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sounds like they are searching for someone. Either that or it could be a terror threat/bomb scare maybe? Did she say whether she could see anymore grounded flights?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
Sounds like they are searching for someone. Either that or it could be a terror threat/bomb scare maybe? Did she say whether she could see anymore grounded flights?

No she didn't mention that. Plus somebody would have tweeted something. She was very brief and sounded scared.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A few days ago the airport was experiencing technical difficulties and backed up numerous flights. Could be a lingering logistic thing perhaps.

ETA: Nevermind, that article was from last year..doh! I'll show my self out now and I hope it is nothing too serious Hellas.
edit on 6pmf30411230 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
A few days ago the airport was experiencing technical difficulties and backed up numerous flights. Could be a lingering logistic thing perhaps.

Except that her flight was never scheduled to land there in the first place.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Well golly...since you say so.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sounds like something's up. I hope it's a false alarm.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe try contacting German wings on their customer service number? They may have some info for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am sending Prayers for your friend, and all those detained on the flight in Vienna.

Bright Blessings to all and hope you hear from her soon.

If anyone here on ATS can dig up what is happening, it is Zaphod.

Des

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here's their flight path. Seems like they turned around for some reason and landed in Vienna

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I am sending Prayers for your friend, and all those detained on the flight in Vienna.

Bright Blessings to all and hope you hear from her soon.

If anyone here on ATS can dig up what is happening, it is Zaphod.

Des

Thank you

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
Maybe try contacting German wings on their customer service number? They may have some info for you.

I tried that but can't reach them from here.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I hope your friend is ok.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Could be a technical emergency

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just got a text from her that she finally arrived. I still don't know what happened. She'll be here in an our or two and I can report. Thanks everyone and sorry.

Flightstats still out of order..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join