It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, Please Microchip your pets.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That's not true. I found my boy in a shelter. He was in a box, that shelter said to take him down the street. I glad the person didn't. Otherwise, I wouldn't have met my guard cat and dog. lol. He so awesome. That he protects me, and his new friend Nocturnal.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

edit on 3-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

IMO I don't see demand here but a good pre caution in disasters.

Some of the rescued pets won't be able to be identified of who their owners are. That's the sad part, at least with a chip foster home placements can later locate people when they are ready to take their companion home. In that way of course makes it easier for all parties involved.

Many pets, regular shelter ones, as well as rescues are having to be sent across the country for fostering and even adoption due to over crowded and flooded shelters. In that case will likely never see their owners again, especially if there's an issue with records and or identifying common breeds and colors of the pets.
edit on 3-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Some of the rescued pets won't be able to be identified of who their owners are. That's the sad part, at least with a chip foster home placements can later locate people when they are ready to take their companion home. In that way of course makes it easier for all parties involved.

Many pets, regular shelter ones, as well as rescues are having to be sent across the country for fostering and even adoption due to over crowded and flooded shelters. In that case will likely never see their owners again, especially if there's an issue with records and or identifying common breeds and colors of the pets.

Yes. It is not a demand.

It is a cry for Folks to help themselves and there families.

Pets are part of your families. They can't talk.

This is a way to unite people to there pets.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

No need to chip your pet.....just do what's right.

yeah Just do whats right

If you live in the suburbs or in any built up areas, you get your pets chipped.

Its what right.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc
a reply to: crappiekat

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Autocorrect, it'll always figure out a way to get you.

Eta: this guy is chipped!

nevermind,

I saw the other post saying how heavy he's gotten.

edit on 3-9-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

yeah Just do whats right

Its what right.

How about free roaming cats you don't own, see my reply top of page two? 11 years I've shared my home with a cat, she comes and goes as she likes and I live in my town centre. Who am I to force a chip or collar on a free animal? I've done neither, you telling me I'm wrong?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

yeah Just do whats right

Its what right.

I live in the city. Isis doesn't need a chip. She's an indoor cat that doesn't even think of going out.

edit on 4-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

How about free roaming cats you don't own, see my reply top of page two? 11 years I've shared my home with a cat, she comes and goes as she likes and I live in my town centre. Who am I to force a chip or collar on a free animal? I've done neither, you telling me I'm wrong?

No.

How do you get that from what I said?

You said you don't own the cat and I am talking about owned pets.

If you maybe wanted to know where the cat is if it doesn't come back then a chip is one way to do it.

Same goes for Animal owners that say their animals don't go outside.

Just use logic.

Like I said, in built up areas its the right thing to do if you don't want issues just in case your pet goes missing.

Reasons for pets to go missing are numerous. This thread focusing on storms and hurricanes obviously indicated that at such times as evidenced that many animals go missing.

having a microchip makes it easier to find your animal in these situations.

I cant believe anyone would actually disagree that its a good idea to do especially if there are free services offering such.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Sorry just you going on about 'the right thing' to do for pets and I gave you an example of a pet that isn't chipped and lives in a town centre. Dogs I get, but cats not so much. You may think you 'own' your cat but I don't. The minute someone else up the street starts feeding it better food like salmon or something then the cat will be a typical traitor and stop coming back to you.

Yes, the cat I've shared my home with is a furry friend of mine and has been for 11 years, but I don't own her, she's a free roaming animal who happens to like my company, and I like hers. Yes, my home is her primary choice, but again, I do not choose to keep her, she chooses to live at my place.
Chip away if it suits you, but give it a rest with the morally superior 'right thing' to do lines.

ETA
She disappears for 2-3 nights at a time quite often, and one time it got to the 4th night so I assumed she'd found some better food somewhere and accepted she'd sacked me off. Next morning she turned up meowing in pain with 3 bad rat bites. I washed her wounds for nearly a week, then when she was healing (scabbing over nicely) disappeared for another 2 nights, brought me a rat tail as a gift when she came back lol

edit on 4-9-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Sorry just you going on about 'the right thing' to do for pets and I gave you an example of a pet that isn't chipped and lives in a town centre. Dogs I get, but cats not so much.

I guess you just don't get it then.

I tried explaining, others in this thread gave the benefits yet what is it that makes one against this?

Paranoia because its a micro chip and around the conspiracy circles chips are the mark of the beast of something like that?

You gave an example of a stray cat.

We are talking about out pets.

You may think you 'own' your cat but I don't.

I don't have a cat.

You don't have a cat.

I know if a person pays or adopts a cat, its their pet, their responsibility.

This is whats being discussed, not stray cats that you are feeding.

The minute someone else up the street starts feeding it better food like salmon or something then the cat will be a typical traitor and stop coming back to you.

Bravo,

this is a great example of why people chip their pets, especially cats.

Chip away if it suits you, but give it a rest with the morally superior 'right thing' to do lines.

Morally superior?

Try replying once you learn to read.

I am talking about what this thread is about.

Chipping your pets.

No one, I or no one in this thread has said animals need to be chipped, NO ONE said If you find a stray or if a stray cat comes to your place you need to chip it.

Sorry if you cant understand how many pets go missing during certain times of the year

Sorry you cant understand how pet go missing during major storms

Sorry if you cant understand the benefits of chipping your pets so just in case bad luck falls upon you and your pet goes missing, its traceable.

That is my point about the right thing to do if you own a pet.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just to clarify something here: calling these "tracking" chips is a bit of a misnomer. There is that technology, so its an extremely common misconception, but the many are only readable within a range of less than a foot. Which can actually mean that if it moves, a rookie may think a certain animal is not chipped even if they are.

Thinking that they are unnecessary because of things like "I take care of my pet," or "my cat never goes outdoors" are more than a little shortsighted.

The amount of times I found a cat or dogs home after things like fires, floods, and other unpredictable events were uncountable. It might surprise some how commonly something like a break-in can result in a runaway friend too. The chips can also useful in cases of theft, which again, are probably a helluva lot more common than many think. Collars can and do get torn or pulled off a lot more often than some may realize.

Its actually a really, really useful technology that gets a bad rap because of mistaken associations with things like full blown tracking devices or even religious reasons.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I get that, I really do, but I have a problem with chipping a pet for such a purpose. If a pet is cared for, how will it be separated, anyway, unless it's likely to have been killed? Our pets are with us, and would be for an evacuation, too. If they had to be sheltered, they'd be IDed beforehand anyway, to even be allowed in. Pet shelters tend to want paperwork for such things. These chips can be used in other ways, too. Placing one in a pet, in case of some rare disaster, doesn't seem prudent to me. The chips don't even always work properly, either. I just don't trust them.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I get that, I really do, but I have a problem with chipping a pet for such a purpose. If a pet is cared for, how will it be separated, anyway, unless it's likely to have been killed? Our pets are with us, and would be for an evacuation, too. If they had to be sheltered, they'd be IDed beforehand anyway, to even be allowed in. Pet shelters tend to want paperwork for such things. These chips can be used in other ways, too. Placing one in a pet, in case of some rare disaster, doesn't seem prudent to me. The chips don't even always work properly, either. I just don't trust them.

I have yet to volunteer in a pet shelter, gone a to a convention with experts or had a vet that hasnt said chipping is a safe and good thing or that chipping your pet makes it easier to locate your pet if it ever gets separated.

Assuming that because a pet is cared for that it cant become separated is a bit naive and that is okay, sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones you have to learn first hand.

As is your right you can ignore chipping your pet but you shouldnt try and dissuade anyone else from doing it .

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Just to clarify something here: calling these "tracking" chips is a bit of a misnomer. There is that technology, so its an extremely common misconception, but the many are only readable within a range of less than a foot.

Thank you.

When I said traceable, I was meaning along the lines if your pet is picked up by a council or is taken to shelter, then your pet is traceable once the animal is checked to see if its chipped.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I have yet to volunteer in a pet shelter, gone a to a convention with experts or had a vet that hasnt said chipping is a safe and good thing or that chipping your pet makes it easier to locate your pet if it ever gets separated.

Assuming that because a pet is cared for that it cant become separated is a bit naive and that is okay, sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones you have to learn first hand.

As is your right you can ignore chipping your pet but you shouldnt try and dissuade anyone else from doing it .

People can make their own decisions, and I can state my reasons for my own. As for vets, most also claim you "need" to feed a pet some expensive food, sold only through vets and high end pet stores, too, because they are running a business. Yet, vets with whom I personally worked stated no such thing was necessary. We have to consider financial motivations, in listening to advice, and be able to weigh all the pros and cons.

Why is it alight for someone to try and persuade people to ship a pet, but not for someone else to dissuade people? My opinion is as valid as that of anyone else.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join