It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, Please Microchip your pets.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't own the cat in my life, she comes and goes as she pleases, sometimes disappears for 2 or 3 days.
Shared my home with her 11 years I think now and she was [guess] around 8 months old when she turned up.
No collar, no chip, just a free roaming cat who likes to chill with me if there isn't any better food to be scrounged off someone else in the neighbourhood.
The cat chooses to share time with me, I don't choose to keep her. So yeah, no chip.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'd like to mention that 'maybe' if you have your animal chipped it may not be recognized at the place that is checking, at least that is what I was told when I had my dog chipped. Not all places 'machines' can read all chips, supposedly, still though it's better to at least try.
I find all kinds of dogs that are lost around where I live, I live in a very nice neighborhood too, but people around here (I live in a small country town) are for the most part not believers in pet responsibility. So far I have returned the ones that I have been able to catch, some I have returned more than once...

My dogs are like my kids, since we never had kids we're like the crazy cat lady (and husband, me) 'cept it's dogs.

Thank you for the reminder about pets!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I believe there is some truth to what you say.

Universal scanners improve the chances of detecting and reading a microchip.

www.avma.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Beautiful creature.

Is that a Mastiff?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

He sure is. He's a Cane Corso, an Italian mastiff breed. He's a little over 1 year old, a little over 100lb. He's about the same size my Rottweiler was 1, and he ended up at about 130lb. I'm hoping to get at least that size from this guy.

Here he is enjoying a walk (on a very hot day) around the infamous Camp Hero.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Awww look at that face.

He loves you.

Those 1 year olds can't control their emotions. lol
edit on 2-9-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
My goldfish has an iPhone 6, so I think we're good.

Also, isn't this against T&C's mods?

Could have sworn were not allowed to advertise on here.

Just saying.

There are various micro chip companies available to pet owners not so sure this is advertising.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: stosh64

Beautiful animals stosh. They look well taken care of.

This one makes me cry.

Same here.

There was light in the end of the tunnel for the dog, family was reunited with him.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't think I need to microchip, my two are thick as thieves and they know where they live. I couldn't get rid of them if I wanted to, they would come right back. lol

In that picture Nocturnal the cat fell off the couch when he rolled. I still laugh about this picture.

edit on 2-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

Cute Kitties.

That's the thing Diabolical, what if you got separated from them. They may stick around where they know they live.

But where are you?

If they have that chip, they can contact you.

I'm not trying to push something for advertisment.

My reason for making this thread, is to try to keep people and there companion animals together.
edit on 2-9-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thank you all who participated in this thread.

Please get the word out.

We WILL have other disaster's in the U.S.

Help yourself and your pets.

When you make your evacuation plans. Make sure you include your pets.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My dog is already chipped. He's a rescue from a pound. My cat however, found him and won't leave his side. So, wherever boy is, the other one is not too far behind. Both mine are fixed.

They lived without me for two weeks when I had my stroke. (Family helped them)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

NO.

Simple enough? That there is a disaster is not a reason to demand that people place a tracking chip in a pet. I will care for my pets, as needed. I don't need them chipped. Nor are disasters the reason so many animals are in shelters. People who don't have their pets neutered, AND allow them to run around and breed, are part of the problem. People not caring for the are another part. Microchips don't resolve these issues.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If folks care , get them chipped and their little tags . You wont regret it.
Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I don't think the OP is demanding but they are recommending it and for a good reason.

I'd even say that beyond the fact that it's a caring and loving thing to do between owners and their pets. It's actually more than that too. Especially because some people have pets and don't treat them with love at all. They exploit them.

So even in those cases it would be good to be able to link those poor animals back to who's responsible for them.

People take in animals as pets and sometimes treat them in criminal ways which isn't right. A domesticated animal thrown in to the wild is as dangerous as a wild one thrown in to captivity. That's not their environment and they don't have the skills or training most of the time to survive.

A pet is more than a companion, it's a persons responsibility. They chose to be in charge of it and when they fail to do that correctly they should be held responsible. It's not the animals fault but they are the one who suffers.

There are many reasons for chipping pets.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Kat, wonderful thread and great advice!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I think it's cruel to keep pets 👍

Unless they are already in a shelter in queue to get euthanized.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

He has a bionic eye!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That's not true. I found my boy in a shelter. He was in a box, that shelter said to take him down the street. I glad the person didn't. Otherwise, I wouldn't have met my guard cat and dog. lol. He so awesome. That he protects me, and his new friend Nocturnal.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
delete
edit on 3-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join