It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go home Disney, you're drunk! - Decendants 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Probably a whole bunch.

I'm just clarifying my position that I wouldn't have a problem because it would just be a movie poster, especially if the movie, like this disney movie, has the opposite message. Context makes a difference.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: intrepid

Could it be that someone is throwing a tantrum because it says "long live evil"???

Bingo!

Long live evil? That's the motto for a Disney poster?

You guys don't see a problem with that?

I was looking for something subtle.

That message is not subtle.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The context being....Disney embraces evil....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Words can also change the world. Now I'll refer you back to video I posted.

If possible I would like to read your own words instead of watching a video of what you are getting at.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The context being....Disney embraces evil....

The context is, just because their parents were the villeins in other disney movies doesn't make them evil. Don't judge a book by its cover. That was posted earlier in the thread.
edit on 2-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It was objectively sanctimonious.

Hence from your POV. Just as yours was from my POV.

Personal learning is not changing things like phrases on a movie poster.

I think we have established that we are changing, or can change anything.

I don't expect it to.

Low expectations are trendy now.

I never said it offends me. You expressed your opinion and I expressed why I disagree.

You have not expressed why you disagree, you have only expressed that you feel like I was sanctimonious.

You think it is okay to have the words Long Live Evil on a poster that is marketed to the younger generation. You see nothing wrong with it. I do. That is all.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: intrepid

Could it be that someone is throwing a tantrum because it says "long live evil"???

Bingo!

Long live evil? That's the motto for a Disney poster?

You guys don't see a problem with that?

I was looking for something subtle.

That message is not subtle.

Yeah. Not subtle at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

A song and dance number about searching within yourself and finding who you really are and letting your light shine.

Dripping in evil, of course, because of the movie poster.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: 3daysgone

All ill say is Disney tried to teach people something here that you haven't learned yet but hey may these kids can teach you something.

How do you know I have not learned the lesson yet. Kind of presumptuous. The only lesson you seem to not have learned is that Evil is bad. Unless you think it not bad, but I doubt you can persuade me of that.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

A song and dance number about searching within yourself and finding who you really are and letting your light shine.

Dripping in evil, of course, because of the movie poster.

Yeah. I guess it is kind of like a statue.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Hence from your POV. Just as yours was from my POV.

No, I was being objective. Not from my POV. It just fits the definition. I'd say the same of someone being sanctimonious even if they shared my POV.

I think we have established that we are changing, or can change anything.

No, you said you participate here to learn. That doesn't change anything outside of you.

Low expectations are trendy now.

Has nothing to do with trends. I'm just a realist.

You have not expressed why you disagree, you have only expressed that you feel like I was sanctimonious.

I have. The poster has a line that is neither good or bad. I said that early on.

You think it is okay to have the words Long Live Evil on a poster that is marketed to the younger generation. You see nothing wrong with it. I do. That is all.

See, you did grasp what I said earlier.

edit on 2-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I don't see them as good or bad either.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I can't speak for all Disney movies, but the only one i like and have watched in the last 8 years is Narnia. Brilliantly done.

The rest, who cares. I rarely watch tv or movies anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
"Long live Evil" that's what is bothering you? Have you seen and Disney cartoons:

Necrophilia
Bestiality
Child Abductions
Stockholm's Syndrome
Identity Thief

All rewarded with becoming a princess, becoming king, or just flat out getting your way. Yep these are the bases of most of the great classic Disney films. I'll admit it, I like Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Best, The Rescuers, Snow white, and Aladdin. It's easy to gloss over the sad truth of these movies, but getting upset over a poster that says; "Long Live Evil", nah I'm not buying it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Disney isn't the Disney of most of our childhoods.

This ad with a sword and the words "long live evil" are not meant to attract a morality story-what used to be a Disney trademark.

They have stooped so low and are so desperate to compete with all the viciousness and violent movies supposedly made to attract children, who in turn pester their parents and peer pressure to see these supposedly "cool" movies.

Parents cave in to the obvious advertising that manipulates their children. Everything Disney does is now violence and evil. It's sad that the real plot of this story does contain what could be good morality-but only if they defy their "evil" parents.

Here's hoping we look back at this in the future as pure manipulation of the masses going as far as effecting our children; I hope the kids of the future are able to see past what they endured due to the great mass entrance of the lure of violence-even as they were originally innocent and free of this obvious bombardment of violent and seductive Disney "entertainment."

edit on 2-9-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Ned Flanders threw out his kids' box of "Redhots" candies because there was a devil on the box.

Are you trying to top him with this topic?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Wow...

Well, I bet you lost your mind the first time you saw Little Nicky!

"Oh God! How will I ever deal with the number of times I felt some manner of kinship with Nicky, despite his being one of the three sons of the Devil?"

Moral quandary abounds!

*facepalm*

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Evil is now trendy, resistance is futile.

Been trendy since the early 70's, or does no one remember Black Sabbath? Just now that Disney puts together a movie (yes I've seen it) that has some "bad" villains and their offspring decide not to be bad and they put it to some catchy music, you're now noticing it?

I guess you would be disappointed if you watched the movie.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i'm just here to eat popcorn and laugh

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I can't believe it took you this long to mention Trump.

Pathetic.

What can I say, I watched too many Disney movies growing up apparently. It's turned me bad, got me all twisted inside and filled with darkness. Long live evil. Muahahahaha.

No doubt it has affected you, they have affected all of us. Those who think they are simply making children's stories are scary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join