It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go home Disney, you're drunk! - Decendants 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 3daysgone

Or those that like it.

You are blind if you like it, you just don't know it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The content of the movie isn't important. The content of the character of our President isn't important. What's important is that this poster says, "long live evil" and that like Footloose, it is clearly a gateway.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

How very sanctimonious.

Maybe we know it and still like it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Well, we can all see it, but we don't all see it the same.

So we are reading two different things?

Watch the movie and you should also see that it is the typical fairy tale with the typical moral and more dance scenes, because Footloose taught all of us that dancing is not a sin.

I wonder what kind of response Trump would get if he started a speech that started with those words that we see differently? Someone mentioned Trump in an earlier post, if it is to far off the subject my apologies.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Man, I almost said Flashdance, you know it was a guy in the final dance scene, clearly looking to push the trans agenda.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

How very sanctimonious.

Maybe we know it and still like it.

So you believe it to be sanctimonious to see what is written and view it different than you? I find nothing good in the words that we see differently. Do you?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
So we are reading two different things?

No, just two different POV.

I wonder what kind of response Trump would get if he started a speech that started with those words that we see differently? Someone mentioned Trump in an earlier post, if it is to far off the subject my apologies.

He would catch crap, but he does that anyway. Comes with the job.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Oh. What is your POV on the words that we have two different P'sOV on?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

He would catch crap, but he does that anyway. Comes with the job.

So you believe it would be another nothing burger?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

So you believe it to be sanctimonious to see what is written and view it different than you?

It is when you imply that it is because you are morally superior, that is the definition.

I find nothing good in the words that we see differently. Do you?

Not only do you not see good but you are implying that you see bad.

I don't see good or bad. That is the difference.

edit on 2-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It is when you imply that it makes you morally superior, that is the definition.

So if you agree that nothing is wrong with those words, that they cause no influence what so ever, you are not sanctimonious in view as well?

Not only do you not see good but you are implying that you see bad. I don't see good or bad. That is the difference.

So you would think everything is okay if those words, that we have two different P'sOV on, would become the normality of our society?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Or those that like it.

Why put words in my mouth, did I say I liked it ?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

So if you agree that nothing is wrong with those words, that they cause no influence what so ever, you are not sanctimonious in view as well?

No, because I'm not saying it makes me morally superior.

So you would think everything is okay if those words, that we have two different P'sOV on, would become the normality of our society?

The normality of our society? I guess I could say that if a catchphrase on a movie poster becomes the normality....actually, I'm not even sure what that means.

Of course if you watch the movie and take "those words" in context then you might not care either.

edit on 2-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Or those that like it.

Why put words in my mouth, did I say I liked it ?

I could have worded it better. I apologize. I should have said it as such. One would be blind if they liked it, they just wouldn't know they were blind.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

No need to apologize, and I would agree with that statement .

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

No, because I'm not saying it makes me morally superior.

I didn't say that either. You just felt like like meant it when I didn't mean it.

The normality of our society? I guess I could say that a catchphrase on a movie poster becoming the normality....actually, I'm not even sure what that means. Of course if you watch the movie and take "those words" in context then you might not care either.

I don't believe that putting those words on anything would be good, no matter what it is about. Something to stay away from. But that is just my POV. Especially around the age frame that is being marketed to. It is almost as if people are willingly, which i guess they are, allowing the unconscious subjection of themselves to these things.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Oh. What is your POV on the words that we have two different P'sOV on?

Not to judge a book by its cover. In fact I might suggest watching it and maybe you will learn something. These kids get treated badly because their parents are Disney villains impris one on an island. What the story teaches you is just because you may believe something about someone doesn't make it true. See first line again.
edit on 9/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I didn't say that either. You just felt like like meant it when I didn't mean it.

That is what it means when you call people blind.

I don't believe that putting those words on anything would be good, no matter what it is about. Something to stay away from. But that is just my POV. Especially around the age frame that is being marketed to. It is almost as if people are willingly, which i guess they are, allowing the unconscious subjection of themselves to these things.

But then they actually see the movie and it turns out they are not evil, then they go out and become goths.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Not to judge a book by its cover. In fact I might suggest watching it and maybe you will learn something. These kids get trade baday because their parents are Disney villains impris one on an island. What the story teaches you is just because you may believe something about someone doesn't make it true. See first line again.

And that makes the subjectivity of the words okay? Not at all. The premises of the words remain the same.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Not to judge a book by its cover. In fact I might suggest watching it and maybe you will learn something. These kids get trade baday because their parents are Disney villains impris one on an island. What the story teaches you is just because you may believe something about someone doesn't make it true. See first line again.

And that makes the subjectivity of the words okay? Not at all. The premises of the words remain the same.

Wow seriously why don't you come off the evangelical trip and join the rest of us in the real world. The advertisements said the new face if evil this I'd a play off that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join