It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: makalit

Too much for you maybe.
For a good number of others, not so much.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

...I know the truth, and I believe many of the folks here at ATS that frequent the site know the truth too. Searching for affirmation - humans by nature need to be accepted, loved... we see something we don't understand, or threatens our grip on reality and we will automatically rationalize, justify, minimalize what we are perceiving. Do you want to see aliens? It's not hollywood... they are real, they are not good. Nothing good sneaks around and eats children.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: milano

Do you eat chicken eggs?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
" we see something we don't understand, or threatens our grip on reality and we will automatically rationalize, justify, minimalize what we are perceiving."

I agree that is what calling it a balloon is doing what you are saying. No we don't want to see aliens. Thank you

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've always had an open mind, and I love this site...but when your brain falls out sometimes it takes a minute to get it back in. So I agree - keep an "open" mind in the sense that anything is possible, but not so open that balloons become alien spacecraft.

I hope I'm wrong...if it turns out to be a flippin alien craft / ufo (not a balloon) then I am the fool. Wouldn't be the first time

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do you eat chicken eggs?

So you are justifying that aliens should be able to eat children if he/she eats chicken eggs.

Fair enough.

Top of the food chain though bud, top of the food chain. Don't see many bears getting eaten'.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Or, just maybe, we don't let our mindset allow us to leap to conclusions about what our very flawed perceptions present. Maybe just because we are looking at a youtube video, and it doesn't look quite right, our mindset doesn't have to distort our perceptions.

Or maybe, something that looks like a balloon, is.

You ever notice how, when you look at the horizon, the world looks flat?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I have this sinking suspicion that when we finally get "disclosure", or aliens introduce themselves to the public, it will be a short party. While we can say "I told you so", we may be saying it while being enslaved or killed. Not my cup of tea. If I didn't believe in God (Jesus), I would probably be a nervous wreck right now. I am a nervous wreck right now. But I still believe in Jesus. I do not, however, believe in governments / mankind. We are about to see another war on this planet. If I were an alien, I would steer clear of earth. We are barbaric.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Barbaric, perhaps.

Tasty, no doubt.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: milano

I have this sinking suspicion that when we finally get "disclosure", or aliens introduce themselves to the public, it will be a short party. While we can say "I told you so", we may be saying it while being enslaved or killed. Not my cup of tea. If I didn't believe in God (Jesus), I would probably be a nervous wreck right now. I am a nervous wreck right now. But I still believe in Jesus. I do not, however, believe in governments / mankind. We are about to see another war on this planet. If I were an alien, I would steer clear of earth. We are barbaric.

Don't worry man. Think of it like this. The Earth is a big red book with amazing latin text. We see aliens and ask them if they can give us a similar book. They hand us a purple dark spikey ball and we say 'wtf is that?"

Point: We'll understand more about our God, our mother Earth's energy, then they will. Believe in yourself! The god you have known is the true reality. And our genes shape how we percieve reality, but we know the truth..

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

If you pull the same wind condition data for West Covina, CA from 7-8am on August 28th you will see that the "balloon" had the ability to fly against the wind. All eyewitnesses said the object flew towards downtown LA, which is west of Covina. Please comment...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

All of the eyewitnesses. Really?
Or just the ones you've seen the reports from?

I have, one more than one occasion, seen eyewitnesses completely screw up compass directions.

Yes, I don't just accept eyewitness accounts. They are notoriously unreliable.

edit on 9/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

The chopper didn't leave. The crew started to observe the object from a distance. There were other choppers (different agencies) that also observed the object.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The accounts of those observations may be instructive. Can you provide them?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

When you live in West Covina, CA or in that neighborhood, you definitely know where downtown LA is. Towards the west! It's kinda hard to screw that one up.. lol

Have you pulled the data for West Covina... It's the first "balloon" that can fly against the wind!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Interesting.
I thought the claim was that it didn't move. But I'll admit I haven't been paying as much attention as I should.

Do you have a winds aloft report for Covina?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

When you live in West Covina, CA or in that neighborhood, you definitely know where downtown LA is. Towards the west! It's kinda hard to screw that one up.. lol

Have you pulled the data for West Covina... It's the first "balloon" that can fly against the wind!

just find the street view from google maps. it showed the direction the balloon was going in.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Phage, you're very skilled to do the research yourself. Search and you will find. The object did move, very slowly, towards the west.

GN, it's late here in LA.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So, that would be a no.
Do you know what katabatic winds are?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

How do you explain that the altitude seems to be stable and the rotor wash from the chopper has no visible effect? I find that very odd! Untethered Balloons don't do that and the surface of the object is also constantly morphing.

The chopper was never that close to it for rotor wash to effect it. Think about it? He/She and his crew can see that it is an advertising sphere trailing a line. What you see in the video is simply the helo giving the sphere a wide berth. It is been observed as a potential hazard to aviation. What pilot is going to get so close to it that his rotor wash is going to disturb and make this hazard to aviation a threat to themselves and crew?

Also remember you are watching a You Tube video upload of the original. Also take into consideration the camera type and any artifacts that it can generate under the lighting conditions and distance filmed.

You see these claims repeatedly in the "fake/hologram" plane videos that are uploaded onto You Tube. They simply can't understand that it is a combination of camera/lens used and lighting conditions. They would rather delude themselves into this fantasy world where they believe exactly what they see in the footage.

I do hope that someone has filed a FOIA request for any video footage from the helos of the advertising sphere. It would be an excellent lesson in how some people can interpret and mis-interpret video footage.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join