It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
already tried to take it private but to no avail.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
At 7:36 of the original posted video on page one. It appears that the black area of the orb is protruding.

But then again, at around 6:40 the child states that he sees something coming out of the bottom. Like a little "laser" a "really long one" as he stated. Which could be the tether, or cord.

Maybe it broke loose and was drifting. It obviously wasn't anything too unexplainable. Due to all the angles and witnesses. If it were real, someone would have it departing. Odd that video doesn't exist.

What we most likely have, is YouTube subscribers trying to cash in on some YouTube views by recording a broken tethered balloon

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, nor would I argue in a public forum about someone you'll never meet or see in real life.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
At 7:36 of the original posted video on page one. It appears that the black area of the orb is protruding.

But then again, at around 6:40 the child states that he sees something coming out of the bottom. Like a little "laser" a "really long one" as he stated. Which could be the tether, or cord.

Maybe it broke loose and was drifting. It obviously wasn't anything too unexplainable. Due to all the angles and witnesses. If it were real, someone would have it departing. Odd that video doesn't exist.

What we most likely have, is YouTube subscribers trying to cash in on some YouTube views by recording a broken tethered balloon

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, nor would I argue in a public forum about someone you'll never meet or see in real life.

the black area was never protruding. what happened was it was either a mirrored surface (100% refractive) or a camo tech.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

speak for yourself

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

Those are pretty definitive assumptions.

..bet we'll never know the truth

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You sure make a lot of waves for someone who's only been on this site for less than a month.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You sure make a lot of waves for someone who's only been on this site for less than a month.

i've been on forums since 8 bud. don't need to relearn how it works i know how forums work. also i saw a grey and i know it wasnt from here so yeah. you know

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

the thing about you is that you assume i am always lying. you are asking if saying "how do you know there is life elsewhere" and responding "because i saw them" is childish. you are assuming i'm lying.

NO I am not. I am asking a question without any assumptions about a simple question and the answer given.

Stop reading too deep into things.

But when someone says that that craft was a helium balloon, i said they are assuming too much, because i know it's not.

No its a logical assumption.

You have knowledge of what it is?

You think i'm basing my conclusions off of assumptions, but i'm basing it off of knowing the truth.

Why do you have so much trouble trying to follow a simple conversation?

I said I think its an assumption to say what millions have experienced, you replied by saying it was your experience.

So I had to ask about your experience with the millions of people.

So if you say this is an assumption, you can only believe that for yourself. You can only speak what you believe. But just move on. I told you what I know is the truth. You can say it's assumptions but you are just speaking for yourself and not speaking for what I know.

just change the words, assumption with truth and know with assume, throughout this paragraph quoted above and its a real valid message you should be sending to yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

..without knowing your current age. That was a pointless comment to make. For all I know you just turned 9.

Advice, because you are new "here at ATS".

This forum is VERY strongly skeptic loaded. A long time back. It was almost even ground. But these days, 80% of the readers are skeptics. You could have a home video handshaking an alien, with the president signing off it was real and you'd still be harassed and picked apart.

Coming in and stating you saw a "grey", is ONLY putting yourself in a corner. You will be branded as "that guy" and nothing you contribute will be taken seriously. Especially if you have an answer for everyone.

Another thing is, grammar fanatics.

Not using capitalization, and or proper formatting, is another no no. That alone will be all the leverage anyone needs to derail anything you might ever want to discuss.

Welcome to the site! I recommend starting off in the "grey area". They are more accepting of personal beliefs, and experiences.

Good luck!

edit on 4-9-2017 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Amazing

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

the black area was never protruding. what happened was it was either a mirrored surface (100% refractive) or a camo tech.

As I said a few hundred post back in this thread, it looks like Batman

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Obviously not a tether or cord. Why would you take what a kid with unaided vision sees and says as gospel, over the zoomed in video of the object, which has a much clearer picture of the object? Clearly nothing is sticking out the bottom.

The video of the object moving out of sight does exist - it is the third video. No video has surfaced yet of the final departure and where it ended up. Someone did see it I think around an hour later. I'm going to have to look up where that was, to figure out how fast it would have had to travel to get there.

And I don't think it's anyone trying to "cash in." I believe the videos that were posted were legitimate, and they had no idea what it was. After all, the local police had a chopper fly around it, and then later, actually follow it from a safe distance as it moved away. Even they seemed to wonder what it was.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

As I said a few hundred post back in this thread, it looks like Batman

Looks strange, but more strangely it seems to be more flush against the object, and later.. it seems to protrude further. You can see it clearly sticking out over the edge of the object. Maybe it actually -was- batman.. that would explain the weirdness!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I bet if it was not for the helicopters, this object would have gone unnoticed or been quickly dismissed by the few people who just happened to look up at the sky.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh ffs. Come on, just stop, walk away. Be men, just agree to see things different, acknowledge each others opinions, wrong or otherwise and get back OT.
Do the above... then just let it lie. Do it for yourselves and outward appearances. Every exchange you make adds to people not actually caring what you say at all, which would be a pity. This is friendly advice!

Aaaaanyway!

Right, Triton1128, re: tether/laser... yeah, I thought the same. Two things to consider with this also...

1. The kid should automatically have the superior eyesight, and be able to see finer details.
2. At 6 years old, he isn't so tainted by the world to not just say what he sees. As an adult, there is the danger of confirmation bias, or a will to want to record something weird and share it with people without giving away something that might ruin the fun.

Julian says he doesn't see it, and he probably didn't, but I'd trust a 6 year old to speak his mind about what he has seen.

Unfortunately, the kid can be hard to hear and understand in much of it, which is a great pity. I mean, maybe he actually DID see a laser coming out of it.

One thing to note, is that if the tether is still attached, then the weight of it would keep a balloon in a single orientation because of its' weight. Probably steel wire, so not light. Furthermore, if it is free roaming, then the balloon would find its' resting height and remain there out of equalibrium.

The lack of movement still bothers me though, and the ...maybe an optical illusion.... but the black part seems to protrude and change. Though at the same time, a white surface will blend against the sky, whereas any dark spots will show a hard edge. That combined with the suns reflection could trick the viewer into seeing something that isn't accurate, and in close up might make more sense.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

"Why would you take what a kid with unaided vision sees and says as gospel, over the zoomed in video of the object, which has a much clearer picture of the object? Clearly nothing is sticking out the bottom."

-------- Reply to that ^ --------

A child's vision (one that doesn't require glasses) tends to be sharper then an adults. This is why as we age, our eyesight gets worse, along with our hearing.

2nd, Digital zoom is accomplished by cropping an image down to a centered area with the same aspect ratio as the original, and usually also interpolating the result back up to the pixel dimensions of the original. Its all done within the camera and gives you a "processed image". That processed image, the more you zoom in, the more detail you lose.

So I don't agree that the fuzzy zoom in is of higher quality then what I could have seen with my own eyes if I were there. The object, based on the size of the helicopter when it circled, was probably 500m - 750m away. Not all that far honestly. The FOV of the camera tends to make things look further away then they really are.

Finally, if it were a TRUE ufo, or threat. There wouldn't be one police copter following it as it drifted away. You'd have the military rolling in and blocking off areas. The skys would be filled.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, may I precent to you, the Japanese flying Sphere Drone.

Propellers are set differently than in your normal quadcopter.

Maybe we are seeing a larger version of this Japanese Sphere Drone, in the "Ufo over LA" video.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceBoyOnEarth

that's an extremely cool gadget

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceBoyOnEarth

I mean... they are using the music from TopGun!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join