It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing Clouds over Eastern Seaboard June29th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Too bad i dont live on the east coast this looks fun to watch:

June 29, 2003 | If you see weird glowing clouds expanding in a clear sky over the US Eastern Seaboard tonight (Sunday June 29th) or on one of the next few nights, relax. They're not UFO exhaust or a terrorist plot. They are a luminous chemical released by NASA as part of an experiment to trace winds in the Earth's ionosphere. If conditions for the experiment are poor tonight (as they have been for the last several nights), the launches will be rescheduled for tomorrow night, or the next, up to as late as July 10th.

On the chosen night, three sounding rockets will launch from Wallops Island, Virginia, and dump trimethylaluminum (TMA) into the uppermost atmosphere over the Atlantic Ocean at altitudes of 90 to 175 kilometers (56 to 110 miles). The releases will occur roughly 60 to 90 minutes apart. A fourth rocket will help track the results. Each milky white cloud should be visible for about 20 minutes from southern New York State to South Carolina and as far west as West Virginia.

skyandtelescope.com...

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well if any of you guys see this event tonight let me know what it looked like please....

pics would be nice

[Edited on 30-6-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Welp, looks like a might get lucky after all.

I live about 45 minutes from Virginia Beach and well within the area of 'exfoliation'.

regards
seekerof

(steps out doors after posting this)

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Cool right on dude!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
so did anyone get a chance to witness this event yet? jc

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
UPDATE JUNE 30th: The rockets were finally launched and the experiment successfully carried out last night.

I am afraid I was too far south to see this event. But
I am very skeptical about the truth behind the launch of these rockets into the air to check ionsphere. I think there maybe some deep covered conspiracy here. Like maybe they are sending Gary Coleman on his first mission to the moon or mars even and not telling us.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
so did anyone get a chance to witness this event yet? jc

Ok, I went out about 0315 am East coast time (EST) and here's the schpell.......

First off, its like seriously humid around here and its almost 'fog-ish' type humidity. I looked towards the east...towards Virginia Beach direction, at the sky. There is a orangish-yellowish tint to the whole eastern sky line but because humidity is so high (dew index) its really hard to get a clear color profile of the eastern sky. I really wish it was clear and far less humid (dex index). I haven't seen this color sky before but its difficult to really say what it is. I will check tomorrow night in hopes of better conditions and maybe a lingering effect from the rocket(s) experiment(s).

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We don't need chemicals to give us glowing clouds here.

Every fall or so you'll see "ionized clouds" here in the mountains. They are gorgeous.

It is the same sort of strangeness you feel in a lunar eclipse.

The animals know something's wrong for all the shadows disappear, and the very air itself glows with the color that the clouds take.

Usually it's a strange glowing yellow, to orange, but I've seen a multicolored Cumulus Nimbus before, during such an event.

It was glowing orange underneath and as it rose it got darker, first with a slice of green, and the standard grey of a thick cloud, and a deep black towards the center topped with a white from the setting sun peaking over the mountains.

When these Ionized Clouds appear, they aren't very common but I take notice every time
, like I said, shadows disappear.

You can't find one even if you created a roof, so long as it has open sides. Even the blades of grass seem to have no shadows between them.

And on the eastern mountains you'll see the grass stand out green, where normally you only see the brown of desert.

Amazing stuff.

Science can't replace nature.

top topics

join