It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Stunned As Key Florida Democratic Election Official Admits Truth On Voting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As I mentioned, the requirements for continual maintenance of voter registration rolls is Federal law.

National Conference of State Legislatures

At the federal level, the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA, commonly referred to as “motor voter” because it contained provisions about voter registration at DMV offices) created a regulatory floor for state maintenance of voter registration rolls. These regulations give states rules and guidelines for maintaining voter list rolls.

All States and all counties within States make continual efforts to maintain the accuracy of voter registrations both to prevent anyone from voting illegitimately and to insure that voters aren't removed from the rolls illegally.

Broward County FL is one of over a hundred counties nationwide that have been the target of lawsuits brought by right-wing groups like the so-called "American Civil Rights Union ."

Source

Anyone who would like some actual facts in the specific matter misrepresented in the OP ...

“This is a huge job that has so many pieces,” especially when dealing with a roll of 1.1 million voters that is constantly changing, Snipes said. “Sure, you’re going to have mistakes.”

Her defense was the steps her office already takes to keep the lists accurate. Tens of thousands of ineligible voters are removed each year. Voters who have died, become felons or become mentally incapacitated are identified in data sent daily from the state. To catch voters who have moved out of the county, a national change of address search is done every two years. Mailers are sent out to voters regularly, and the office reacts to those that are returned undeliverable.

It can take years before some ineligible voters are removed from the county’s lists because of safeguards built into voter laws to guard against voters being disenfranchised due to data errors.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Gryphon66

Here, I will try again.
FDA.gov
That link works.
Again, my home state does not require an ID to vote.
The federal government requires an ID to buy over the counter medicine.
More people are denied medicine in PA due to lack of ID than are prevented from voting for the same reason.

Thanks. The link will be helpful for anyone who didn't know that you can be asked for ID when picking up prescriptions.

Now you've made a more precise assertion:

More people are denied medicine in PA due to lack of ID than are prevented from voting for the same reason

And I ask you the same question: do you have evidence for this? Or is it merely your opinion?

And, as you made the assertion regarding "the left" nationwide, do you have anything more extensive?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Chicago has a long history of dead people voting for democrats. Its one of the ways they manage to stay in office despite the fact that they have utterly destroyed the city and the surrounding areas.

If you consider how easy it is for illegal aliens to vote especially when they are taught how to get away with it, you have to be a special kind of stupid to think it didn't happen and wasn't wide spread. hillary was right, people from a foreign nation did try to influence the election. But it was illegals voting for democrats.

I think when all is said and done we will find that Trump won the popular vote too.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Thanks. The link will be helpful for anyone who didn't know that you can be asked for ID when picking up prescriptions. 

Wrong.
Nonprescription meds.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

And I ask you the same question: do you have evidence for this? Or is it merely your opinion? 

Again, it is self evident.
There is a federal law requiring purchasers of certain nonprescription medicines to show ID in order to buy them.
In my state, there is no requirement to show ID to vote.

Since you want to argue about this, does this mean that you think that it is right to deny people medicine because they don't have an ID?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

There is a federal law requiring purchasers of certain nonprescription medicines to show ID in order to buy them.

Since you want to argue about this, does this mean that you think that it is right to deny people medicine because they don't have an ID?

"self evident"

So, no facts then, just your opinion.

Thanks.

I'm not "arguing" about whether requiring IDs in any situation makes sense. I asked you to back up your claims. You've responded with your opinion.

You want to make sweeping general statements. Speaking generally, a business has the right to set their own reasonable requirements, and certainly should be in compliance with the law.

Establishing a National ID would solve many of these issues.

edit on 2-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Chicago has a long history of dead people voting for democrats. Its one of the ways they manage to stay in office despite the fact that they have utterly destroyed the city and the surrounding areas.

If you consider how easy it is for illegal aliens to vote especially when they are taught how to get away with it, you have to be a special kind of stupid to think it didn't happen and wasn't wide spread. hillary was right, people from a foreign nation did try to influence the election. But it was illegals voting for democrats.

I think when all is said and done we will find that Trump won the popular vote too.

.... and yet, every study across our nation, including a three-year study by the Bush Justice Department has proven that voter fraud is basically non-existent and has certainly never affected a national election.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

"self evident"

Thanks.

No.
No one can be turned away from their voting place because of a lack of ID in PA.
A federal law requires that you show ID to buy certain nonprescription medicines.
What about that do you not understand?
It is not my opinion, it is fact.
I have shown the federal law regarding the medication.
Can you show me a law that requires voters to present an ID in Pennsylvania?
If not, you should admit that I am correct in my presentation of facts here.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

"self evident"

Thanks.

No.
No one can be turned away from their voting place because of a lack of ID in PA.
A federal law requires that you show ID to buy certain nonprescription medicines.
What about that do you not understand?
It is not my opinion, it is fact.
I have shown the federal law regarding the medication.
Can you show me a law that requires voters to present an ID in Pennsylvania?
If not, you should admit that I am correct in my presentation of facts here.

I understand that you want to shift the goalposts and talk about Pennsylvania when your original statement was not that specific.

Also, not to quibble, but ...

If you're voting for the first time in an upcoming election, the information below can help you ensure you're prepared once you arrive at the polls. All voters who appear at a polling place for the first time must show proof of identification. Approved forms of photo identification include:

Pennsylvania driver's license or PennDOT ID card
ID issued by any Commonwealth agency
ID issued by the U.S. Government
U.S. passport
U.S. Armed Forces ID
Student ID
Employee ID
If you do not have a photo ID, you can use a non-photo identification that includes your name and address. Approved forms of non-photo identification include:

Confirmation issued by the County Voter Registration Office
Non-photo ID issued by the Commonwealth
Non-photo ID issued by the U.S. Government
Firearm permit
Current utility bill
Current bank statement
Current paycheck
Government check

votespa.com

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I understand that you want to shift the goalposts and talk about Pennsylvania when your original statement was not that specific. 

The one that you quoted me on specifically mentions PA.

Also, not to quibble, but ... 

Voter ID is not required.... you can simply give the the last four digits of your social security number if you are a first time voter.
Or anyone else's last four digits... for that matter.
PA.gov. pdf

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

This is what you said that I responded to:

Also notice there is no outrage from the left when people without ID's are denied access to medication.
Yet most of the same leftists say that access to healthcare is a right.

Zero mention of PA.

From your source:

If a voter is voting for the first time in an election district, the voter must show proof of identification, either photo or non-photo identification. Returning voters need not show any identification unless otherwise noted in the poll book.

You've just verified that identification is required. If you think it's not stringent enough, I would think you'd be working to change your State's laws.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

This is what you said that I responded to:

Also notice there is no outrage from the left when people without ID's are denied access to medication.

Zero mention of PA.

From your source:

If a voter is voting for the first time in an election district, the voter must show proof of identification, either photo or non-photo identification. Returning voters need not show any identification unless otherwise noted in the poll book.

You've just verified that identification is required. If you think it's not stringent enough, I would think you'd be working to change your State's laws.

Your post that I responded to....link to your post that I responded to where you quoted my post that specifically said PA.

The pdf shows that if you would like to vote absentee, you only need to give the last four of your social security number.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: CB328

no doubt. Asking for proof you aren't dead, a felon, illegally here and voting anyway. mean old righties. Hell, next thing you know, they will want you to PROVE WHO YOU ARE when you vote. Talk about unfair. We all know those on the left aren't smart enough to have ID's.

Oh yeah, 2 cane granny can't go get an ID but sure as hell can go and vote.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Pathetic.

You only brought up PA when you were challenged to provide evidence for your absurd over-generalized claim about "leftists" and access to medical care that I responded to initially.

The PDF THAT YOU PROVIDED shows that ID is required to vote in PA. You're either mistaken or misrepresenting the obvious.

You're merely grasping at straws now. Let me know if you come up with anything of substance.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Pathetic.

You only brought up PA when you were challenged to provide evidence for your absurd over-generalized claim about "leftists" and access to medical care that I responded to initially.

The PDF THAT YOU PROVIDED shows that ID is required to vote in PA. You're either mistaken or misrepresenting the obvious.

You're merely grasping at straws now. Let me know if you come up with anything of substance.

9 states have strict vorer ID laws.
The law regarding medication is federal... nationwide.
Yeah ... pathetic.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Now, if you're ready to actually discuss your original comments.

no doubt. Asking for proof you aren't dead, a felon, illegally here and voting anyway. mean old righties. Hell, next thing you know, they will want you to PROVE WHO YOU ARE when you vote. Talk about unfair. We all know those on the left aren't smart enough to have ID's.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? How many Americans are denied access to medication because of a lack of ID?

Compare that to how many have been denied the right to vote as I'm sure you've done that research in order to make such comments. Barring that evidence, allow me to observe that in the usual litany of false equivalency around here, this post is a real prize winner.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

How does that number compare to people who have been denied their right to vote because of a lack of ID?

I'm going to need you to source your assertion that people have been denied their right to vote due to not having an ID.
Then I'd like to hear why those people can't get an ID, but somehow make it to the voting booth.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

How does that number compare to people who have been denied their right to vote because of a lack of ID?

I'm going to need you to source your assertion that people have been denied their right to vote due to not having an ID.
Then I'd like to hear why those people can't get an ID, but somehow make it to the voting booth.

Do you understand that sentences that make assertions generally end in English with a period or exclamation point?

When a sentence ends in a question mark its, well, a question, not an assertion.

If you're interested in the suppression of votes via the unconstitutional implementation of ID requirements, Republican's who are on the record as admitting that those efforts are directed at disenfranchising certain groups of Americans, etc. you can do bit of research on the internet. It's not that hard to find.

As far as your silly loaded second question ... straighten out your logic and get back to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Good times.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Now, if you're ready to actually discuss your original comments.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? How many Americans are denied access to medication because of a lack of ID?

Compare that to how many have been denied the right to vote as I'm sure you've done that research in order to make such comments. Barring that evidence, allow me to observe that in the usual litany of false equivalency around here, this post is a real prize winner.

It is telling that you post your comment.... and not mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join