It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned that cop is kidnapping her, he's completely outside the bounds of the law. The other witnesses there should have physically restrained him, made a citizens arrest, and charged him with assault and attempted kidnapping.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

This is just so outrageously ridiculous in so many ways it's hard to vocalize it.

Honestly I'm not sure though, what bothers me more, the fact that one cop went rogue in his blatant disregard for proper procedure, or the fact that not only did other cops condone the action (by suggesting that she should have just let the cop draw blood) but that her own colleagues stood around and let it happen.

Fight back for FFS.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

It's tough when they have guns and are obviously not above going goon squad. You have to worry about the patients who could be shot by the nut.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Man.. talk about bad day at office. This guy has no respect for anybody or anything, how is he going to serve and protect.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

This is just so outrageously ridiculous in so many ways it's hard to vocalize it.

Honestly I'm not sure though, what bothers me more, the fact that one cop went rogue in his blatant disregard for proper procedure, or the fact that not only did other cops condone the action (by suggesting that she should have just let the cop draw blood) but that her own colleagues stood around and let it happen.

Fight back for FFS.

I was thinking the same thing. The admin that was on the phone should have been on site if he was in the hospital somewhere. The other staff seemed baffled and trying to get better understanding of what they could do via telephone.

Traumatizing for the nurse and staff there , and I'm sure staff was hurting deeply for how she was being treated. If the top honchos in charge of procedure were anywhere in that hospital... shame on them for not showing up and handling it by phone.
edit on 1-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's tough when they have guns and are obviously not above going goon squad. You have to worry about the patients who could be shot by the nut.

There's no way in hell it would have gone that far. No way. Hospitals have armed security, where were they? Why didn't they de-escalate by coming to another employees defense?

Not to mention that it did not appear to me that the other cops even necessarily would have taken the same rogue approach, but more they were condoning their fellow cops elicit behavior due to some sense of brotherhood....I dont think "they" would have drawn their weapons against healthcare professionals....just the one rogue cop may have, but he will eventually run out of bullets and frankly, i dont know how any of you feel about it, but to me, some things are just worth dying for.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well what if a kid in the next room gets shot?

Sure as a lifelong grappler martial artist I could restrain the cop especially one that out of shape but I would worry about innocent people getting shot. I may start speaking up loudly to direct his attention to me while the security comes. They may not want to get involved with the badge though. I don't know their protocol.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well what if a kid in the next room gets shot?

Then that cops life is over. Now he gets to spend life with the same people he put away. Justice.

Sure as a lifelong grappler martial artist I could restrain the cop especially one that out of shape but I would worry about innocent people getting shot. I may start speaking up loudly to direct his attention to me while the security comes. They may not want to get involved with the badge though. I don't know their protocol.

It's not as though I don't understand what you're saying, I promise I do. I also am not disagreeing with you on any one point merely suggesting that to curb oppression (no matter where it comes from) one has to be willing to stare it down even in the face of certain loss....history has proven that ignoring it emboldens it and gives rise to further oppression. Somewhere along the line, this cop has been lead to believe that he can act with impunity, where do you think that came from?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is why I continue to point out, an Eastern European country like Bulgaria is actually far more civilized than the US in many ways.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I can get it, I just think gambling with someone else's life isn't worth the risk. That is how you become them. Like say Che started out as Dr wanting better for his country and become a murderer.

If you want to stop it and know it's only you in danger I would agree or someone is going to die and you may as well intervene.
edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Let's face it Police are nothing more these days than the right-hand paramilitary arm of the totalitarian Orwellian orientated gooberment.

With VERY short fuses, now everyone is pussy footing around them scared half the death everytime a cop is around. What a messed up system of "public servants".

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Very traumatizing for the nurse and quite unnecessary if the videos are presenting the whole scenario and not leaving out anything leading up to this event.

No matter what led up to it the nurse did nothing to be arrested for. If she had been older they may have broken her arm, she could have had a heart attack.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I can get it, I just think gambling with someone else's life isn't worth the risk. That is how you become them. Like say Che started out as Dr wanting better for his country and become a murderer.

If you want to stop it and know it's only you in danger I would agree or someone is going to die and you may as well intervene.

Yea. I don't necessarily agree that gambling with someone elses life is worth the risk either. But, we should not really have to be having this discussion about our OWN law enforcement practices. That's what I take issue with in this scenario, and honestly *I* wouldn't be the one risking someone elses life as *I* would not be the one drawing the gun, that onus falls squarely on the rogue cop that swore to Protect and to Serve. In the event I found myself intervening, I would shoulder no responsibility for someone elses illegal actions.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The terrifying part of this is that was a Detective, not just a patrol cop. He damn well should know better than that.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Fire this pig immediately.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Welcome to nazi America. The officer will face minor discipline at worst, and the city will pay a large sum of public money to the nurse to settle her grievance.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Hiya, what will happen with the nurse's record? Cuffed in a police car will impact her career prospects if she has to declare it during application procedures.

Will she need to disclose this incident in the future? I don't know how it works in the States.

Incidentally, if the officer succeeded in getting the blood, it'd be inadmissible as evidence for the three reasons the nurse cited. Perhaps his due diligence and report accuracy will also be considered in future investigations.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

F@@kING disgusting, thats how your cops treat a fellow professional, seriuosly those steroids went to this tosspots head, really not a lot good to say about this.

Training required on how to deal with situations that DONT involve guns would be a start, I bet he would have loved to have popped of a few caps to make that nurse undertsnd who the authority was, dumb prick

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How does it feel to look into Americas future?

Trump wants to give LEOs military power and equipment.

www.usatoday.com...

It's a brave new world....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join