It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The cop was way out of line, obviously.

Revenge.

Maybe Payne idolized Nurse Ratched but was forced out of nursing school by his rival and became a cop instead.

It made him angry for having to be a cop instead of Nurse Payne.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist
Even if the doctor was in the hospital, the nurse would still be in charge. Doctors write orders for their patients, and not all patients have the same doctor. Some doctors don't have hospital privileges so a hospitalist or another doctor that has privileges may cover for the doctor.

Doctors know very little about hospital policies, rules and regulations. They depend on the nurse to keep them out of trouble.

They have their hands full thy don't want anything to do with anything like this.

Also, all hospital administrators are not doctors, some have absolutely no medical background at all.

edit on 2-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well so much for their attempt at victim blaming... The truck driver is a cop.

Source

And for what it's worth, the fleeing suspect was identified as 26 year old Marco Torres.

Obituary

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why wouldnt they just get a damn warrant? is it reasonable to guess a judge would not of given one..based on how the accident happened.

(post by GusMcDangerthing removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

It made him angry for having to be a cop instead of Nurse Payne.

Maybe he just had a thing for this nurse, and this was his excuse to get physical, up close and personal.

Many things could be going on here, that we have all overlooked.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why wouldnt they just get a damn warrant? is it reasonable to guess a judge would not of given one..based on how the accident happened.

Another officer, Denton Harper, who was dispatched to the hospital to assist Payne, wrote in his report that he asked Payne “why he didn’t look into drafting a search warrant for the patient’s blood. Payne told me Logan Police Department said they didn’t have enough probable cause to do so.”

Source

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Boom.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Boom.

Wonder if his light bulb ever went on. He probably was thinking that the law never stopped him before.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

We should expect the PR department to come in and spin this news shorty.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Nope. They are tripping all over themselves to apologize.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We should expect the PR department to come in and spin this news shorty.

He knew he was violating that man's civil rights. Every cop in that room knew he was violating that man's civil rights, and not one of them stood up for that nurse.

I don't care what your political leanings are, this should scare the living sh!t out of every single one of you.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

There is plenty of evidence that rogue cops are a real problem, this is nothing new other than with recording devices these pricks are getting caught out.

I find it troubling the amount of effort put into PR ,that time effort and money should be used to clean the force up not to embolden the rogue cops.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I've always said that if we went after the cops who stand by in these types of situations, we'd solve much of this abuse of power problem in a nano second.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Boom.

Wonder if his light bulb ever went on. He probably was thinking that the law never stopped him before.

Remember, every officer thinks that he is the law.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I've always said that if we went after the cops who stand by in these types of situations, we'd solve much of this abuse of power problem in a nano second.

I'm betting a political movement on that basis may at this point be rather successful.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We can always hope.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Unfortunately the nurse decided not to press charges... how convenient.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Exactly
Based on the accident there is no probable cause..the driver was not at fault in any way, shape or form.
I know X will be back to tell us we are wrong, using some form of legalese..ignoring the moral right's or wrong's.
Someone could get shot in the head while handcuffed and he will explain it was all perfectly legal..no moral compass IMHO(on occasion), maybe been on the job too long.

edit on 2-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Probably did not wish to be further targeted.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join