It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designating Antifa as a terrorist organization will lead to Tyranny

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Except, no...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
trying to contextualize "violence" as right or wrong, and then trying to justify it, is just submitting to some spooky moralist nonsense, which we oppose, we understand what is necessary

You understand what is necessary?

Laughable. You don't even understand why anarchy is a technical impossibility for humans.

Anarchy has failed in every attempt and will continue to do so for precisely this reason. You fail to understand what is actually necessary for a human population to perpetuate anarchy.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

trying to contextualize "violence" as right or wrong, and then trying to justify it, is just submitting to some spooky moralist nonsense, which we oppose, we understand what is necessary

And today they declared everyone in ANTIFA as terrorist. which changes the punishments.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I'm very confused by your question.

I asked about alleged "SJW" Supremacists.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

And today they declared everyone in ANTIFA as terrorist. which changes the punishments.

Really? Guess the US admin will be on trial in the Den Haag pretty soon. 83 percent of the US is AntiFA.

edit on 1-9-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Really? Guess the US admin will be on trial in the Den Haag pretty soon. 83 percent of the US is AntiFA.

No it just means they wont be able to show up at protest liek they have been doing.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

First I would like to thank you for answering the question..

In my opinion it is quite easy to determine whether violence is not justified. For example it was not justified for a group of 5 or so of your colleagues to attack an old lady in a pack.

In fact that is the epitome of cowardice.

With the exception of the folks that stood with the residents of Charlottesville against the UTR Nazis, it seems that a good number of people aligning themselves with the ANTIFA philosophy are advocating violence as a political tool.

That's the definition of a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Who classified ANTIFA as a terrorist group?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
They are active in other nations, making them a global terror network.

Yes and thus does not require police action.

It needs military action to deal with them.

National Guard at least.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'm sure you want the Guard to go after the Nazi terrorists as well? Right?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

No it just means they wont be able to show up at protest liek they have been doing.

Any evidence to back this up? If the US has just given a clear bill to let KKK and Facists get away with genocide it's time to send in the international brigades and UN peace keepers. Not saying all AntiFA are innocent, that'd be stupid, but so is ignoring history and world events.
edit on 1-9-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
BUT BUT.... Didn't you get the memo that ALL violent antifas are fake right wing provocateurs, and any "Antifa" website or twitter account that speaks of violence, anti-constitutional views, and anarcho-communist revolution are also fake accounts?! a reply to: rexsblues

edit on 1-9-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

This from the ideological "side" that celebrated Alex Jones claiming that the UTR Nazis in Charlottesville were really JEWISH AGITATORS????

Please.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

This from the ideological "side" that celebrated Alex Jones claiming that the UTR Nazis in Charlottesville were really JEWISH AGITATORS????

Please.
Who are you referring to? Me or others? I'm not in that camp that you are implying.

Also, just like some right wingers tried to claim that Charlottesville was staged, so too are some claiming Antifa excesses are staged. The rhetoric is a mirror of the other.

Can you remind me how the point you just made exonerates Antifa?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

ANFIFA is not exonerated by anything I can say. For several reasons, the most relevant being a) there is no unified "ANTIFA" and b) members that could be identified as "ANTIFA" have been seen to be committing acts of terrorism and vandalism.

My point was that stating that all "ANTIFAS" are right-wing provocateurs is about as stupid as saying that the Nazis in Charlottesville were really Jewish provocateurs.

In my opinion of course.

Sorry if I seemed to place you personally on the wrong "side." Please know that I think the two "sides" are absolute BS.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

there is no unified "ANTIFA" and

Maybe not, but it's awfully convenient that their isn't. Would be in their best interest to give this impression, even if it were contrary to fact. And If that's not the situation today, might be tomorrow.

Now before you accuse me of strapping on my tin foil hat on too tightly.

Consider the IRA and Sinn Fein and all the advantages that accrued to their common core by maintaining the separation, or at least the illusion of a meaningful separation. Consider the disadvantage their opponents were placed in to the extent that they accepted/were forced to accept this difference, a difference that is, without distinction.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

there is no unified "ANTIFA" and

Maybe not, but it's awfully convenient that their isn't. Would be in their best interest to give this impression, even if it were contrary to fact. And If that's not the situation today, might be tomorrow.

Now before you accuse me of strapping on my tin foil hat on too tightly.

Consider the IRA and Sinn Fein and all the advantages that accrued to their common core by maintaining the separation, or at least the illusion of a meaningful separation. Consider the disadvantage their opponents were placed in to the extent that they accepted/were forced to accept this difference, a difference that is, without distinction.

I can't counter the conspiracy mindset that believes that everything is interconnected.

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the old Steve Jackson card game called "Illuminati: the Game of Conspiracy" but the idea was that each player built a network of organizations that were connected to each other that had no logical reason to be connected. How can anyone argue logically against "hidden" connections?

I'd never accuse you of stepping on your tin-foil hat ... I'd be talking through mine to do so.

I'm not sure how much research you've done into the various "ANTIFA" groups ... but what I"ve found so far is that there are groups of disparate folks usually in urban centers that are banding together in opposition to what they see as fascism in the US. Which is a laudable idea. However, some of these individuals are willing to use "activist" violence and vandalism to promote their political goals ... which is not defense of themselves or others but is attack ... and that's terrorism.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Right, so then we are in agreement. I was being sarcastic in my original post. a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm not sure how much research you've done into the various "ANTIFA" groups ...

Not much. But just enough to wonder about the comparison between the current incarnation of ANTIFA and the IRA/Sinn Fein.

The IRA and Sinn Fein were able to exploit a feigned separation/impression of a separation. It was devastatingly effective and costly.

So lets say that I stipulate to the situation being what you say it is right now. A largely fragmented group without any centralized authority. Can you see where that impression, even after/if it's no longer the case is to their advantage? Can you see where it hamstrings efforts to check their more openly extremist elements? Essentially, they could adopt a model like the IRA/Sinn Fein where they get to "eat their cake and have it to"

And if so, how do we make the determination that the separation is one without a distinction when it occurs? Will it even be, practically speaking that is, possible to determine that point when it occurs? And if we can't make that determination, does it put us at such a disadvantage that we can't allow ourselves to be put in that situation?

I applaud your restraint Gryphon, as a historian it would be laudable. But consider whether some times the stakes aren't so high that what is required is more predictive in nature. Sometimes the times/situation calls for someone with the mind of a prognosticator rather than a historian.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

About all I can say in sum is this: It saddens me to see any groups, whether isolated across the country or secretly all in league with each other that are willing to bring terrorism to our shores.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join