It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Days of Resistance Recess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So I inflitrated The Resistance Movement and get these resistance Messages in my Email. And every now and then I will read them.

We'll call on them to censure Trump; defend DACA, voting rights and civil rights for all Americans; take action against white supremacy; fight for Medicare for All; push for tax and budget priorities that work for regular Americans, not just the 1%—and much more.

Source: Chris Percy, MoveOn.org Civic Action

I find it disturbing that they want censor the President. You only lose your Free Speech rights if you wanna play Politics. Trump doesn't play Politics. When Obama said outrageous things the Right never tried to censor his Speech we only criticized him for it. The Left is criticizing and trying to censor a sitting President. Its also Weird how they think White Supremacy is a greater threat than Radical Islamic Terrorism. When all of the White Supremacists Organizations have been founded by prominent members of the Democrat Party lol. Also notice how they place DACA BEFORE voting rights? Because when the Anchor Babies grow up they will most likely be voting Democrat.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Aug 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE IS NEEDED

edit on 31-8-2017 by Xianb because: Note to Mods: This is from my Gmail Account not a Website

edit on 31-8-2017 by Xianb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I find it disturbing that they want to push for voting rights for non legal citizens.

Should the entire planet move here and vote??

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

It says censure not censor. They have quite different meanings.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I find it disturbing that they want to push for voting rights for non legal citizens.

If they vote Democrat Im sure they would allow it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

It says censure not censor. They have quite different meanings.

No in past emails they STATED THEY want to CENSOR.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Uh. Censure. It basically just means a formal expression of disapproval. Also, nice job "infiltrating" a mailing list and sharing all these dastardly plans to contact elected representatives and remind them that they're accountable to their constituents. Oh, the horror. The horror. The absolute horror.

edit on 2017-8-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

What? Huh? What are you going on about? Please tell me that you're not referring to the fake news thread about Schumer?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Censure, not censor. Please get your definitions correct...it makes a huge difference in understanding.

Censure:

verb
express severe disapproval of (someone or something), typically in a formal statement.
"a judge was censured in 1983 for a variety of types of injudicious conduct"
noun
the expression of formal disapproval.

Censor

verb
examine (a book, movie, etc.) officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I actually have no problem with this. It will never be made part of the official platform. But in my mind, voting belongs to the residents, at least for state and city level voting. If we don't allow them to vote, they have no representation, and will wind up as an underclass... something we shouldn't have in the US. As an underclass, it would mean they live here domestically, undercut others for jobs, and require more tax money. It's an all around loss for everyone.

Making all residents, actual constitutents for our politicians, helps to fix that. If you live here, you should be able to vote.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I get similar wild and crazy emails from the NRA in an old email account I have. "In 2 weeks you will have an army of liberals marching on you to seize your guns!!!!" and that kind of stuff.

Its why i unsubscribe to any mailing list of any kind that finds its way into my email box.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I don't think most would do it outside of California (where the state would protect them).

There is something about knowing you can be arrested at any time that keeps you from going to places like courthouses, polling places, etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Censure, too funny.

You should infiltrate a dictionary.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think most would do it outside of California (where the state would protect them).

There is something about knowing you can be arrested at any time that keeps you from going to places like courthouses, polling places, etc.

Like I said, I think it's completely unrealistic for it to ever happen. From a standpoint of democracy though, I think that anyone who is here and contributing to society should be able to vote as long as they're a permanent resident.

No one would ever speak up until our and vote stance on immigration changes though.

I guess, that what I'm getting at is that voting rights should belong to citizens or permanent residents who are making an honest living not just to citizens.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Vote for more money and perks for them ? All that will accomplish is lees for me to raise my family . Do it right , become a citizen . Then vote for what you want .

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I realize the US does a good job of imitating a democracy, and it seems we are actually moving more and more in that direction (possibly because teachers lie to students about the nature of our Republic and folks just believe we are a democracy instead). But we are a Republic, with a major difference (in theory) being that we preserve the rights of the individual over the rights of the group. Like i said....in theory. Examples abound where Uncle Sam walks up and bends me over a barrel with or without any real warning.

But I also believe that "inalienable" would imply that our rights extend to all of humanity. How this applies to voting, ill need to ponder. How it applies to several other restrictions on rights....they are tyranny.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb
all of the White Supremacists Organizations have been founded by prominent members of the Democrat Party

Can you even name an individual that the current Democratic party claims is actually prominent and not in fact infamous?

You must be laboring under the fall assumption that the current Republican party isn't an evolution/re-branding of those racist Dixie Democrats you are referencing.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Censure and censor aren't the same thing.
Moving right along.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No in past emails they STATED THEY want to CENSOR

This one didn't.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I call it contagion of aboration.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Xianb
all of the White Supremacists Organizations have been founded by prominent members of the Democrat Party

Can you even name an individual that the current Democratic party claims is actually prominent and not in fact infamous?

You must be laboring under the fall assumption that the current Republican party isn't an evolution/re-branding of those racist Dixie Democrats you are referencing.

I've tried pointing that out several times but seems history isn't real important around here.

Unless it involves a ton of copper and steel and bears the name of a dead confederate. Then it's paramount.

new topics

top topics

join